Author Topic: Molly's going to the vets next week.  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Molly's going to the vets next week.
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 08:09:57 AM »
I read that yesterday, and am going to get some - not something I normally have in the house, and my tuna is in springwater. Do have the fishy HiLife tins that I might try her on until I can get the better stuff.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 16:33:59 PM »
Oily fish helps move them through, or is she too fussy for that!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 11:12:48 AM »
Liz - Molly doesn't like the other cats, she has been with me 17.5 months now though, so not one of the newcomers, and she does have food, water and litter tray in my room so she doesn't have to compete with any one (she doesn't even have to move off hte bed to eat at times, I do pander to her quite a lot!!). She has been downstairs more since she went to the vet though, maybe she is expecting me to do something (which is right, she needs worming!!), and for the first time in a long while, I am going to shut my bedroom door tonight so that no one can get in and upset her, as Pumpkin does keep sitting on my bedroom floor and ignoring the growling and hissing. It isn't related to her not eating though, as she happily eats dry food, but she was a bit dehydrated over the weekend after only eating dry, so that isnt the solution either.
Hairballs and constipation do seem more likely, she is just a nightmare to get anything other than LActulose into though.
Please spay your cat

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 08:53:47 AM »
If you think she might have hairballs that could well be the problem.  Magpie would go off his food when he had a hairball and I've noticed the same with Mosi.  He's been a bit off his food the past few days but I know he's having hairball problems (has brought up a couple of small ones) and I've ran out of katalax and defurrum treats (he normally has 2 defurrum treats a day).

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 08:40:32 AM »
Glad all is well think you are like Dawn if you don't visit the vet weekly you get withdrawels - me I'm a monthly addict with a minimum of 5 per visit!

Des have you thought that perhaps she doesn't like the others being around it does take the older ones a while to get used to the transient population

Sweetie just hits everything in her path when we have kittens or others as does Floddy and both won't eat in their usual locations and want to eat near us alsmost like they are worried that those interlopers will get them or their food - never happens in our house as except for kittens all eat the same as the oldies will not eat senior food no matter how hard we try!!!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 08:02:14 AM »
WEll, finally got her there last night, vet can't find anything wrong with her, so is wondering if it was connected to her constipation issue, which she also thinks could be related to hairballs - she doesn't like Katalax, or any hair ball treats, so am going to try and sneak some Hills hairball food into her dry food!!
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 22:09:31 PM »
I wondered that, but it hasn't happened before with her.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 21:29:36 PM »
My cats are not eating much wet food at the moment, I think its the very hot weather we have been having. Cats are so fussy and I think if it doesnt smell just right the pampered puss leaves the food that vicious ginger will come in and devour at night!!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 18:18:49 PM »
She could be - but it is odd that it has only started this week, and she has had a variety of food, in case she was just off one brand. She has barely touched her tea, it is just a different flavour of NM.
Please spay your cat

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 13:10:00 PM »
My cats are very fussy with wet food but will eat almost any dry food. My cat with gingivitis will not eat dry food, so maybe with Molly eating dry her teeth and gums could be fine, maybe she is just being a picky eater?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Molly's going to the vets next week.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 08:32:19 AM »
She is being fussy with wet food at the mo - eating dry quite happily though, and she is 14 and as far as I can see, a full set of teeth, so we are going to have them checked. I can't see anything, but as she has black gums, I can't tell if there is any redness, so hoping the vet can!! She has had smelly breath for a while too, and can't use Plaque Off as she is being fussy at eating her wet, and she hates Logic Gel. Typically, she has eaten her wet this morning, but I did give her a very small amount, as I have thrown so much away this week!!
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat