Author Topic: Menue going in for another op soon!  (Read 3096 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Menue going in for another op soon!
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 09:56:34 AM »
Has Menue had her op yet?
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 21:25:29 PM »
Ah, the story is now sounding different, I do hope they can get to teh bottom of it, but I woudl still have expected the vet earlier this year to have done a proper search, as she had been taken in cos of calling, I wouldn't expect months later to be told there might still be an ovary, he should have checked for that initially. If it turns out to be rather a small piece of tissue, then fair dos, but not if he finds an ovary.
Please spay your cat

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 20:22:57 PM »
ah so the pieces piece together at last.

if her uterus ruptured which is why they had to do and emergency c s then its near certainty that they had removed bits that they could at the time and perhaps explains why tissue has been left, i'd say the cs would have been pretty complicated and sounds as though it was circumstance perhaps more than botched job.  Your vet probably thought it was a done job in february and it could be a tiny piece of ovarin tissue lurking in there thats left.

I do hope they can find it when they open her up again but i'm suspecting it might not be too easy.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 19:51:39 PM »
Poor Menue! :( Please give her a big fuss from me - it must be very stressful going backwards and forwards to the vets.

I think you care very much for her and it's certainly not you that's at fault. Hoep the situation is resolved for Menue VERY soon. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 19:20:26 PM »
uterus was ruptured
So Lynn there could be allsorts floating around then?

long bumpy scar
All the midline scars iv seen have never been like that, poor Menue

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 19:16:26 PM »
I do think it sounds as though smudge has a good vet  ;D

Where was the op done when she had the "bit" of ovary removed coz i looked back the posts again and couldnt see if it was flank or midline.  A c section would be midline i assume in a cat but we dont know if that was when she was meant to have been spayed. (altho might explain a botch job if it was as its abit less straight forward then)

It was on her left handside when she had it done in February. On her underside/belly there is a long bumpy scar so I am guessing this is from the C Section which was apparently difficult as uterus was ruptured.
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 19:07:50 PM »
I do think it sounds as though smudge has a good vet  ;D

Where was the op done when she had the "bit" of ovary removed coz i looked back the posts again and couldnt see if it was flank or midline.  A c section would be midline i assume in a cat but we dont know if that was when she was meant to have been spayed. (altho might explain a botch job if it was as its abit less straight forward then)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 11:50:51 AM »
I agree with Desley and would have expected them to go in midline in the first place due to her history, look at what Smudges vet managed to find inside poor Elle, they took their time with her.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 09:22:26 AM »
Unfortunately some cats don't have all their 'bits' where they should be and some cats have been known to have 2 uterus, which a vet would not necessarily notice the first time he goes in as they can be in different places. I personally would be willing to give a voucher towards the cost if the vet thinks this could be the case.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 21:00:46 PM »
That's a shame, as he should be the one paying for it, it sounds like he messed it up in the first place. No, you dont, but I do think there is a vet at wrong here, sadly you have to pick up the pieces.
Please spay your cat

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 20:58:23 PM »
I would be expecting a vet to pay for this, it should have been sorted with the original op - while I appreciate Lynn's comments that it might have been hard, he should have known that, and not now saying there could be an ovary. I actually would be expecting the original vet to be paying for it though - although I wouldnt go back and expect them to rectify it!!

The original vet has left the old practice that the poor love's old owner went to. Do I come across as someone who doesn't take my cat health seriously?

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 20:53:49 PM »
I would be expecting a vet to pay for this, it should have been sorted with the original op - while I appreciate Lynn's comments that it might have been hard, he should have known that, and not now saying there could be an ovary. I actually would be expecting the original vet to be paying for it though - although I wouldnt go back and expect them to rectify it!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 20:37:33 PM »
hang fire.  if something had happened in the original spay that meant tissue was left your vet did very well to spot the bit of ovary still in there..probably not attached to the fallopian tube as normal.  More than likely the womb etc had been removed with the original owner.

Put it like this..trying to find tiny pieces of fragmented ovary would be akin to finding a needle in a very large hay stack.

Ok, the original vet notes that Menue had didn't even say that she had been spayed at all, there was just a mention of her having an emergency caesarian.

It was suggested that the ovary may have regrown from a piece that was left, but no one can be too sure as the notes don't really say alot.

Teresa, Menue was booked in and spayed when she was calling. I have discussed the whole matter with my partner and we have decided that we shall, instead of asking for a charity to pay for it, be paying for it ourselves. Also, the vet did say he couldnt see another ovary when he opened her up, but since she is still having her problems, there must be one in there somewhere. Although it doesn't seem like I appreciate the help you have given me, I do. A lot.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 20:08:34 PM »
hang fire.  if something had happened in the original spay that meant tissue was left your vet did very well to spot the bit of ovary still in there..probably not attached to the fallopian tube as normal.  More than likely the womb etc had been removed with the original owner.

Put it like this..trying to find tiny pieces of fragmented ovary would be akin to finding a needle in a very large hay stack.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 20:02:26 PM »
Perhaps if the advice given last time had been taken, and Menue booked in when she was calling so that any remaining ovary was swollen and easily spotted this poor girls problems would have been sorted out.
QP as I paid the full cost for the last operation and the cost of the microchip I intend to ring your vet and ask for a refund and an explanation as to why this problem has not been resolved as it  is not fair to keep putting added costs onto already struggling charities.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 19:57:32 PM »
If i remember right, she came from a man who said she was spayed, but she was calling so they opened her up & found a bit of ovary that had been missed. They should have checked that she had been done or it would make sense that there was another in there! Although you'd think they would they have noticed if she a had a womb or not?!

Is £90 what they charge for a spay? No wonder people dont get it done, someone else here was quoted £85  :Crazy:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 20:02:31 PM by Millys Mum »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 19:44:01 PM »
Maybe i am being dumb but if he has opened her up once to sort her out , why didnt he sort it? How many times does he want to operate on poor Menue?

Is this a private vet and dont you have insurance?

Where did this cat come from, why would RSPCA or CP give you a voucher, havent you already had one?

Maybe I am losing my marbles hear or I am getting confused with another cat !

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
Menue going in for another op soon!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 19:38:03 PM »
Went to vet today to have Menue's claws trimmed as they were uber long and weren't shedding or something? Anyway, I told him about the calling etc and he thinks it is best to open her up again (centre line incission I think he called it?) to see if the other ovary is floating around in there! I just want to go grrr! He was going to charge me the full £90  :censored: but said as this is the 2nd time he's had to go in, he'd only charge £40 but said I should contact the RSCPA/CPL.

So once I have calmed down, I am going to be calling the RSPCA/CPL to beg ask nicely for a voucher.

Sarah xx

Link to CatChat