Author Topic: Feline Instincts Supplement  (Read 2285 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Feline Instincts Supplement
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 14:35:05 PM »
I would be interested in getting some of the CRF diet powder as I tried clapton with raw chicken this week and he loves it - for some reason, the vet said cooked chicken so not sure if its OK to give him raw?

Oops - made a mistake with the brand that the realpetfood site is stocking! - thought it was feline instincts, but its actually feline future http://www.felinefuture.com/ - its a bit confusing because the felinefuture site also says Insincts on its homepage! So the feline future brand doesnt do a CRF supplement, just the ordinary adult cat sup. But as I understand it the feline instincts (including the CRF sup) can be bought online direct from http://www.felineinstincts.com/index.html and they do ship internationally. Well, hope thats clear as mud!  :Crazy:

Mark I've never had any problem feeding raw chicken since I've been raw feeding around year and half now, and I know others who have been feeding raw a lot longer than I have with no problems. I think its the concern about salmonella, which cats guts are more able to deal with than ours!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 21:24:14 PM »
I would be interested in getting some of the CRF diet powder as I tried clapton with raw chicken this week and he loves it - for some reason, the vet said cooked chicken so not sure if its OK to give him raw?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 18:16:44 PM »
By the way, when you look at the Feline Instincts site, you must look at the photos of their cats - click on Our Felines and scroll down the photos,  they have a beautifiul cream scratching post to die for, and I love the pic of the two cats in their cat size little fireside chairs, its brill!!  ;D

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 18:00:58 PM »
Thanks Gillian.  That's good to know.  I might get some of that.  What would you need to add to the feline instincts?   I can't see on that link exactly what it contains.  Would it be ok to just add the raw meat?

Sorry, I was in a bit of a rush earlier and meant to say Instincts is a powder that contains things like calcium, taurine, kelp, vit E, probiotics, etc, so yes, you just add that to your boneless meat + liver to create a balanced diet. There is also a supplement if you were using bone in meats, a kitten supplememnt, and interestingly, one for CRF cats, although I don't think that one is listed on the UK site yet. The ingredients are all listed on the felineinstincts main site http://www.felineinstincts.com/ - scroll down to their brochure downloads.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 13:46:39 PM »
Thanks Gillian.  That's good to know.  I might get some of that.  What would you need to add to the feline instincts?   I can't see on that link exactly what it contains.  Would it be ok to just add the raw meat?

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
Feline Instincts Supplement
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 12:32:24 PM »
I think some peeps here use the Feline Instincts supplement to add to a raw meat diet and have had to buy it from overseas, but I've just discovered you can buy it here in the UK now. I havent used it myself but I have heard quite good things about it, and it kinda takes the guesswork out of formulating a balanced raw food diet. Just thought this might be useful for those who already use it and anyone thinking of starting their cats on a raw meat diet. http://www.realpetfood.co.uk/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Link to CatChat