Author Topic: Hyperactive - is he bored, just naughty or is there something else?  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
  • Sam - missing since 29th August 2007 xx
Re: Hyperactive - is he bored, just naughty or is there something else?
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 21:58:21 PM »
When I first got Sam and he was kept indoors he used to have lots of mad moments expending his energy.  I got a laser pen and he literally was panting chasing it round, stopped and rested a few minutes then was raring to go again.  I thought I would never wear him out  :Crazy: :Crazy:   He goes out now so he wears himself out chasing flies and mice I guess and comes home to flop in his bed  :innocent:

Doc just sounds like an active cat to me, bless him.

(ps I recommend the laser pen)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 11:35:18 AM »
My lot often make the brr brr noise whilst erractically running around, i think its a sign of happiness and the joy of spring  :)
Your lot are indoor arent they? 12 ping pong balls on a laminate/lino floor would wear him out!

I'l try that!! they have alot of mice and a remote control one he likes - they get "lost" under everything very quickly  :rofl:

At the moment he is on my shoulder paddling my neck - just stepped onto my head, argh! lol I think he forgets he is over 5kg sometimes  :rofl:

Amy, Doc isnt like a normal cat with his tail, its always wagging as if he thinks he is a dog! lol he has a very active tail, even when he is eating it is twitching, and then Cheese tries to eat it!  :evillaugh:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

ccmacey

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 10:49:41 AM »
Aww little Doc, I just think he's showing you how happy and excited he is to have a home of his own at last, after all if this is the only way he knows how to show his feelings he's just letting you know he's really content. I wouldnt worry about this, I think its great to see them having fun, even if we dont know the reasons why.

Offline Amy

• Adult Cat
  • Minty & Toffee
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 22:32:39 PM »
Toffee is like this, in fact he's doing it right now!! He makes the brrr brrr brrr noise and jumps and pounces on nothing (or nothing i can see!!!)..
Minty doesn't really do it only if there is a foil ball around!!

I don't think its anything to worry about, think just getting rid of some energy!! Toffee's tail is always up when he's having a mad time, so i guess he is happy?!!

Xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 15:45:58 PM »
My lot often make the brr brr noise whilst erractically running around, i think its a sign of happiness and the joy of spring  :)
Your lot are indoor arent they? 12 ping pong balls on a laminate/lino floor would wear him out!

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 15:38:42 PM »
Dawn is Doc like this all the time or just now and again? My cats are mostly sleeping and only have a burst now and again, although there is at least 1 a day with the 4 of them.
i'd say probably 50% of the time - seems like more sometimes, although this is during the day, no idea if he sleeps all night etc. I know he is up outside our door waiting to "brrrrrrr!" excitedly at whoever comes out first in the morning  :Luv: he always paddles when he is happy too, so its like a little hyper dance when he is standing paddling at you  :rofl:
I just worried cause he does it alot more than the other two. The others have a mad moment chasing a fly, or a piece of string, or anything they can find, but he seems to be much more hyper than that!!
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 15:17:45 PM »
Max has moments like this Dawn, unless he's like it all of the time I wouldn't worry, probably just having a 'maddy' as I call them.  My boy will chase invisible things all over the house, and you can guarantee he will do everything he knows is naughty just to get a reaction  :rofl:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

ccmacey

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 15:01:23 PM »
Dawn is Doc like this all the time or just now and again? My cats are mostly sleeping and only have a burst now and again, although there is at least 1 a day with the 4 of them.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 14:58:01 PM »
out of my 7 i have 3 who are totally hyper and crazy kitties  :rofl: :rofl: they dont run they "fly" around the house at about 200mph  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

ccmacey

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 14:43:09 PM »
All of my cats have their moments, I think its just them getting excited about something and letting off steam now and again.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 13:55:41 PM »
Dawn, I think Doc has a bit of Bengly in him  :rofl:

Or a bit of Mosi!  That sounds just like (Manic) Mosi.  I think it's just his purrsonality.  Jaffa was like that when he was younger too, although his brother Magpie was much more of a calm, chilled out cat.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 13:41:17 PM »
Dawn, I think Doc has a bit of Bengly in him  :rofl:

sounds perfectly normal to me if he is very playful and wants attention, that he probably is a bit bored. They all get spurts of energy now and again, some more than others.  He probably could do with a few more toys but don't go crazy with them, the cheaper stuff is what they like anyway!

You look at mine: Lexy will sleep all day if I let her, and gets her energy at 4am where she bounds on me.. her back legs aren't very strong so she can't get high, but Stelly.. well our Stelly can move so fast and knock everything over. Lots of energy. Very active. Its their nature.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 13:32:17 PM »
Nobody want to help me? :sad no:

Is my question too stupid?  :Crazy: lol

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
Hyperactive - is he bored, just naughty or is there something else?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 07:58:20 AM »
Right this might just make me sound like a worrier but we are a bit concerned about Doc's behaviour. When we first got him we were told that he loves fuss and will follow you for attention (quite demanding!) which is fine - he is a very affectionate cat!

He has these hyper moments though, where he is constantly making the chirrup noise over and over like "brr brr brr brr brr brr brr" running around the house - when he is like this he will literally jump onto anything without checking first like the other two would - bounding around the house knocking everything all over the place. He gets up onto the TV or some other risky place, and when I put him down, he runs through the downstairs even more "brr"ing to himself. Any ideas why he might do this? I think it worries me just because the other two dont do it - Cheese is a very kitteny playful cat but she isnt this manic and all over the place!

Do you think its just his personality? Or is he bored? We are going to buy lots of toys next pay day (nearly typed play day, I suppose it will be  :rofl: ) to see if that helps. Any ideas of anything interactive that he can play with when we are at work etc would be helpful  :thanks:

Link to CatChat