Author Topic: Tipsey keeps having diarrhea  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Re: Tipsey keeps having diarrhea
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 10:30:40 AM »
I would try keeping her food to the same stuff, sometimes changing it can lead to upset tummy.

Also, try and use chicken as lamb,Beef,heart etc can be too rich

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 21:06:37 PM »
Thast good shes been done regularly, although i know of kittens religiously done every 4 weeks with a strong wormer and still passed worms, they are persistant little butter!

What did you worm her with?

Maybe you could split her meals up abit more, my sensitive tummy cats do better on small regular meals, a pain when you out for the day but it works well.

Offline kittykat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 21:00:53 PM »
She has been wormed every 4 weeks since she was born.....except this month (i stupidly forgot!)  Shes now one week away from her next one so i'm going to take her to the vet this week to get her weighed and checked.

She has had fleas about 2 months ago (which have now gone) so maybe it is worms.

We feed her one portion (quite generous but not overly i think) of wet food in the morning and then dry biscuits are available to her throughout the day.

She is soon to turn 6 months so we're going to get her spayed in the next fortnight.

I will certainly take her to the vets this week and see if they want to take a sample.

thanks.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 20:53:13 PM »
Poor Tipsey  :(  it could be worms.
How often do you worm her?
Was she done every 4 weeks as a young kitten?
Did you use a shop wormer eg bob martin?
Fleas carry tapeworm so you should deflea with a vet grade product too.

How much do you feed her? Overfeeding can cause diarrhoea.

Hormones can upset tummies so you could look into getting her spayed asap.

Is she maintaining her weight and growing? I would get her vet checked and a stool sample sent off to see if she has any bacteria in her gut thats causing a problem, Campylobacter is something that causes foul smelling poo  :sick:

Offline kittykat

• Adult Cat
Tipsey keeps having diarrhea
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 19:25:41 PM »
Our kitten Tipsey is 5 months old. 

For the last month or two shes had terrible diarrhea on and off.  Sometimes her poo is normal (although always very stinky!!!) but then she has diarrhea for a few days. 

A few weeks ago we changed the flavour of her biscuits (from james wellbeloved turkey biscuits to James wellbeloved lamb biscuits - to give her a change).  But the diarrhea came back.  So we stopped the lamb biscuits and put her back on the turkey ones (along with felix wet food).  For a few days her poo was fine again.  But for the last 3 days the diarrhea is back.  Shes going a few times a day on the floor.

Shes still very playful and shes drinking fine.

So should i be worried?

Has your cat/kitten suffered from this?

Shes been on the same food since she was born.

Link to CatChat