Author Topic: Long Haired Cat  (Read 2379 times)

Offline meeko_pepper

• Adult Cat
Re: Long Haired Cat (Now with pics!)
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 10:25:03 AM »
Lovely cat and pics  ;D

Dropping a few yellow cards on here cos if you wanna enter the cat show..............not that i plugging it of course.........no more pictures should be posted lol. You have just got away with loadsssssssssss  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Entries open on 1 May, see the Cat Show thread for classes.

Starve em of pictures and they will swarm to vote I hope  8) :sneaky: :sneaky:

OOOPPPSS! Really sorry ill remove and enter him into the cat show :) yey! Thanks for that!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 00:13:36 AM »
Lovely cat and pics  ;D

Dropping a few yellow cards on here cos if you wanna enter the cat show..............not that i plugging it of course.........no more pictures should be posted lol. You have just got away with loadsssssssssss  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Entries open on 1 May, see the Cat Show thread for classes.

Starve em of pictures and they will swarm to vote I hope  8) :sneaky: :sneaky:

Offline meeko_pepper

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 18:28:04 PM »
 :sneaky: he's a little monkey!!! He's just got in trouble cos he thinks its a great game to claw the carpet.... its already ruined at the edges!!  :evillaugh:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 18:24:49 PM »
Awww! He's lovely  ;D - just can't imagine him scratching you to bits  :evillaugh:

Offline meeko_pepper

• Adult Cat
Re: Long Haired Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 18:10:36 PM »
Sorry pics removed and added to the cat comp!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 10:25:57 AM by meeko_mickey »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 18:07:16 PM »

Yeah he defo does play me up with his cutey face lol ill post a pic in a min for u!
I'll see what the groomer suggests, ive made an appointment at their parlour for a week on Thursday, I defo think he would be better behaved away from home! Im going to have to try and keep ontop of it myself as much as possible and then take him every 6 months maybe or something. Poor thing he's gunna hate me!  :scared:

If the groomer is good and is used to handling cats then it shouldnt be an ordeal for him (sorry, I said 'her' earlier!!) The groomer also shouldnt mind if you stay with him when he is groomed and you might pick up some good tips! My customers always stay with their cats, because I work on my own, its useful to have them around if I need them to hold the cat while I work on a tricky part!

Look forward to seeing pics!  ;D

Offline meeko_pepper

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 17:08:22 PM »
Hello Meeko!

Have you found a groomer to take her to? or sometimes you can find mobile groomers who will come to you. I'm mobile, but I also have a room at home for grooming some cats, coz some are better behaved away from their own home!! You might also find that he tolerates it better with someone else doing it - they are sooo good at playing up their owners!  ;D

Hopefully the groomer will comb out all the loose dead hairs, which will make it easier to manage, but you might want to think about a regular appointment, every few months or so, to keep on top of it.

Yeah he defo does play me up with his cutey face lol ill post a pic in a min for u!
I'll see what the groomer suggests, ive made an appointment at their parlour for a week on Thursday, I defo think he would be better behaved away from home! Im going to have to try and keep ontop of it myself as much as possible and then take him every 6 months maybe or something. Poor thing he's gunna hate me!  :scared:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 17:01:27 PM »
Hello Meeko!

Have you found a groomer to take her to? or sometimes you can find mobile groomers who will come to you. I'm mobile, but I also have a room at home for grooming some cats, coz some are better behaved away from their own home!! You might also find that he tolerates it better with someone else doing it - they are sooo good at playing up their owners!  ;D

Hopefully the groomer will comb out all the loose dead hairs, which will make it easier to manage, but you might want to think about a regular appointment, every few months or so, to keep on top of it.

Offline meeko_pepper

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 16:18:05 PM »
oooo great! Hope she spots it!

I kinda thought if I have him groomed then keep ontop of it myself.... I feel mean but its kinda way out of hand and honestly dont think I can sort it out. Its never gone this bushy! lol

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 16:13:57 PM »
Better than that, one of the members on here actually has her own cat grooming business - I think it's Gillian from memory (apologies if I've got that wrong).  If she spots this thread, I'm sure she'll give you some good advice!
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline meeko_pepper

• Adult Cat
Long Haired Cat
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 16:06:42 PM »
Hiya,

Mickey my youngest cat is semi long haired and is around 2yrs old. This year he seems to have gone really bushy :rofl: and is malting LOAD, i've tried to keep ontop of combing him but he really hates it (even though ive done it since he was a kitten) and scratches me to shreds every time i do it!!

I've finally decide to book him into a cat grooming parlour after thinking about it for a good while, has anyone else had any experience of this? Or got any advice they can give?

Thanks  :thanks:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 10:25:27 AM by meeko_mickey »

Link to CatChat