Author Topic: Peeing Everwhere.. Again!  (Read 7705 times)

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
Peeing Everwhere.. Again!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 08:41:42 AM »
Ok so I posted about this a few weeks or so ago.

Basically, for anyone who hasn't read it, Tom, my 8 month old cat has been peeing now a then in the spare bedroom on the duvet cover. He done it a while ago, then stopped for a week, then started again, and he's been doing it on and off for a couple of weeks now. I actually don't know what to do anymore.

I've been putting up with it and just washing everything, but I've had to throw 2 duvets out now, as they are absolutely ruined. I left my ironing basket in the spare room and he peed on all the clothes. Then the last straw was last night, I was shattrered, climbed into bed after a 13 hour shift, and my side was soaked right through :(

I actually cried because it's becoming so stressful. He's been to the vets, had urine samples and blood tests, but theres no problem :(
He still goes in his litter tray as well, so I don't know if he just likes the feeling of it or something?
I hate closing doors because they cry and scratch, they like the freedom to go wherever they want, but it's getting to the point where I'm having to close the doors, and now the living room carpets ruined because they scratch it :(

I've heard that theres some kind of detergent you can wash sheets with that might deter him?
Should I maybe change the litter I'm using? New litter tray?

And is there anything I can do about the carpets?

Sorry for moaning everyone, hopefully theres something I can do though..

Thankyou

Sarah x

Link to CatChat