Author Topic: Keep your fingers crossed  (Read 8462 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Keep your fingers crossed
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 09:56:44 AM »
I would be worried about them getting tangled up in them.

The are fine, like the nets (on poles) that the RSPCA use. They are very handy  (if you can get near enough) also if cats are under sheds you can get the net under and somehow cajole the cat out.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 09:49:53 AM »
:censored: so close & yet so far - all bits crossed you get him DD xxxxxx

Cheers Gail  :hug:  I will get him if it kills me.......lol.  The vet is on standby for him so I can wizz him straight in when I get him.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 09:48:15 AM »
 :censored: so close & yet so far - all bits crossed you get him DD xxxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 09:46:59 AM »
I'm going to have to try again in the morning 

Shame you don't live nearer to us as you could then borrow one of our catch nets,

How do the catch nets work Ela meaning is it just a normal net and are they easy to get the cat out of.........I would be worried about them getting tangled up in them.

He's been seen again this morning so I'm going down shortly, hopefully he'll be hungry enough.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 09:41:47 AM »
I'm going to have to try again in the morning 

Shame you don't live nearer to us as you could then borrow one of our catch nets,

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 21:37:17 PM »
Hope you manage to get him, poor little chap.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 21:03:25 PM »
Still no luck  :'(  I bought him some chicken and coley today, put some in the trap, trap came down but sadly his back end was still out a little bit so he managed to leg it out backwards  :censored:  I'm going to have to try again in the morning  :-:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 21:36:02 PM »
Fingers crossed you catch him soon Dawn.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 20:13:47 PM »
Still no luck with the feral  :'(  He's been out today and his leg is bleeding quite a lot from what the woman has said, he's still hobbling around.  I left the trap with her today but because the others were around, it's very hard to trap him :censored:  I've been there this evening but it's dark and cold and I think the cat has had his fill for today.  I've asked her not to feed them in the morning and I'll try to go over there myself.

I was hoping to spend some time there today but bad boy Billy who's my babe is in hubby's bad books today  :scared:  He decided to jump onto the back of the telly in the bedroom this morning, knocking it off it's stand and breaking the screen  :censored:  I didn't think hubby would appreciate me mentioning trapping feral cats today so I thought better of it and waited until he'd calmed down a little :um:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 19:00:50 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 22:26:21 PM »
What a performance  :censored:  Been down to the farm, so close to catching the injured feral........he went so far in the trap and another feral which turned up a few weeks ago appeared and started chasing him  :'(  I had my lights on on my car as there's no outside lights near where the cats are, I went to start my engine and low and behold, my battery was flat  :censored:  Someone who will remain nameless, Lainey thought it was hilarious whilst on the phone to me to think of me as stranded on a farm for the night  :P  I've given it up as a bad job tonight, hopefully we'll have some luck in catching him tomorrow.  I've not managed to see the wound with it being dark but she said there's quite a bit of fur missing off his front paw and she's not sure if it's broken or not  :'(  Once I catch him, I'll get him sorted and let him recuperate here for a few days before releasing him back again.  Whilst he's here I'm going to try and trap the other feral for neutering as it's doubtful he's been done.  I managed to collar the farmer for some jump leads so luckily he saved my day   ;)

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 19:58:35 PM »
God thats a lot of money for 2 isnt it
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 19:56:20 PM »
Some people really do expect too much at one time we were providing a farmer with 400 tins a month as he said he could not afford the food, guess what he was loaded.

Reguarding the ferals, although we have 12 traps, maybe 11 cos I think a foster can't remember where one is (slapped legs) I have just purchased 2 of the catch nets. I didn't ask the price I just ordered two, then was told that will be £217.38, when I came round I gave my credit card number.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 20:04:40 PM by Ela »

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 18:57:43 PM »
will b keeping my fingers crossed for u both also
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 18:14:37 PM »
Will keep my fingers crossed for you and him Dawn.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Keep your fingers crossed
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 18:09:42 PM »
Had a phone call earlier off a lady who's looking after a few ferals on some farmland.  I tnr'd them a couple of years ago and up until now we've not had too many probs with them.  She phoned me earlier to say one of the ferals is holding his front leg up and he's the most timid one, he has like a deep red mark round his front leg and is looking very sorry for himself.  He's usually there in the day so I'm going to drop a trap round tomorrow.........I'm a bit worried about getting him as he's not going to be the easiest with him being the most timid.  Fingers crossed I'll manage to get him without too much hassle.......she did have one a couple of years ago that injured his leg, and he'd disappeared a couple of days later.........he never returned and was never found  :(
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 18:56:38 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Link to CatChat