Author Topic: Kittens  (Read 18136 times)

Offline kezmayuk

• Adult Cat
  • Mitsey - Lancer - Evo
Re: Kittens
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2007, 19:05:17 PM »
here are some more pictures

Kittens

Kittens

Mum and kittens

went to go to bed the other day and couldnt find evo (she looks after chloe)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2007, 18:58:35 PM »
I am glad you are going to keep us updated - I didn't mean to offend - another thing to be careful of when taking pics when tehy are so young is the flash, as they are starting to open their eyes it can cause probs, so you should use something like a tissue over the lens, and then lighten on the PC.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2007, 18:23:23 PM »
Glad you came back and weren't too offended, Kerri.

You have a lovely daughter and it's apparant how much she cares for animals already, so well done for teaching her compassion at such an early age!

Looking forward to kitten updates. :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 18:23:56 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2007, 18:21:44 PM »
kerri , i do hope u will continue to post and let us know how the kittens are doing and i do hope u will continue to post the photos as i would love to see them week by week and see them grow.

I can only echo what forever has said, I'm glad that you will continue to post and I'm sorry if you have been offended by any of the posts on here - it's safe to say that they only have the best interests of the cats at heart and I'm sure no offence was meant  ;D 

Ooh, if you are struggling to upload pics (I'm sure you said you were on dial up) then feel free to email them to me (address in profile) and I will post them for you  :)

Offline kezmayuk

• Adult Cat
  • Mitsey - Lancer - Evo
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2007, 18:17:27 PM »
i can safely say the kitten was only having its photo taken and i was there if the kitten was in any danger. mummy is fine with us handling them, we don't do it all the time, but mitsey is fine when we do. just handled one a moment  ago and i think it is starting to open its eyes, will keep you updated :Luv: :Luv:, but please i wouldn't let the kitten be handled or my daughter hold it if mummy wasn't OK with it or if i thought it was in any danger.
Kerri
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 18:19:26 PM by kezmayuk »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2007, 17:10:05 PM »
I agree with Lynn.
At 4 days i would be worrying about mum getting antsy with the movement of her young and then her deciding i could handrear them  :Crazy:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2007, 16:52:35 PM »
but i didnt feel the kitten was in grave danger from the

I wasn't meaning the kitten was in grave danger, but I think a 4 day old kitten really needs be handled, if at all with 'kid gloves'. Again I would say until you have dealt with numerous situations that have resulted from the  handling of small kittens  and cats sometimes you would just not realize the implications and it is fully understandable why you wouldn't.
Possibly as a vet nurse you may have seen the implications but as you know if something happens not everyone takes the kitten or cat to the vet for fear of getting into trouble.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2007, 16:27:29 PM »
I was just about to reply to the comments on the pic and to say that it was quite clear the little girl was sitting right back into the seat and was gently cupping the kitten so as not to hurt it (i would have objected seeing her gripping her hands around it etc but she wasnt).  Personally yes i'd say it would be better for her to just have the kitten on her knee and stroke it and i'd presume/hope she was holding it up merely for the camera .  I also think that had the kitten fallen it was going to land not very far down on her lap because she was sitting properly in her seat. 
I personally dont think kittens that small need/should be handled ALL the time and again i'd hope she doesnt but i didnt feel the kitten was in grave danger from the pic altho i can understand that is all some others were concerned about.

I only see people trying to give helpful advice and normally always with the cats welfare at heart, just some have better ways of typing it than others, I know i can get misunderstood at times.
I hope you do continue to post and give us updates on how the kittens are getting along.

ps We only advice so strongly on the neutering etc as it is so definatley the right thing to do in every case looking at it from all angles there is no justified argument not to neuter.  This forum is really meant to be mostly about rescue/rehoming/advice etc altho there is alot more to it than that but there isnt any alterior motives to advice given.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2007, 16:01:40 PM »
kerri , i do hope u will continue to post and let us know how the kittens are doing and i do hope u will continue to post the photos as i would love to see them week by week and see them grow.
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2007, 13:35:39 PM »
she was sat down wasnt she ?

Yes it did look like the liittle one was in a chair

I don't think anyone is accusing you of being a bad parent, they're just showing concern for the kitten

Spot on. Our branch of Cats Protection is actually one of the branches (certainly not all are and many other rescues are not either) who are happy to home where there are young children as I believe you can teach children to respect animals,  however, in this case it is just that the kitten is so young, there is certainly no malice intended, but as previously posted, us in rescue have seen the implications of children and indeed others sometimes of handling such young kittens. If handled they really do be to be completly held and I would say a little older.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 16:04:06 PM by Ela »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2007, 13:34:48 PM »
Sorry if you feel offended by my post Kezmayuk, I love parents who show their children how to treat pets with respect, but that pic just looked as though the kitten wasn't being properly held, I was just passing comment on that. I actually have read your entire post. The point of forums isn't just for everyone to post nice posts, if we see something that is wrong, we have to say something, and not everyone will like it. And I probably would say it to your face - my comment about mum and siblings was in response to CC's post, she is lucky that her family has got on, not everyone is that lucky, so it was just to make you aware that they dont always get on, even my vet was surprised when I told her that. My reasoning for 'telling' people to get their cats spayed is that I have had to have a cat put to sleep less than 2 months after adopting her due to her having mammary cancer because she was never spayed. Plus the fact that I Would love for us to have a nice summer without a lot of mums and kittens, esp better than last year when we had to have 2 litters put to sleep, and lost 2 mum cats as well.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 13:40:51 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

• Super Cat
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2007, 13:31:46 PM »
I Hope any of my comments havent offended or upset u kerri
as ive said and will say it again i didnt see anything wrong with the way ur daughter was holding the kitten infact i thought she was holding it consideribly well for a little one of her age
and thought and still do think the pic is adorable .

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2007, 13:23:13 PM »
Kezmayuk, I'm sorry you feel you've been judged. I haven't read the whole thread, just kind of browsed it.

I don't think anyone is accusing you of being a bad parent, they're just showing concern for the kitten.  And with regards to spaying,there is a reason people feel it's necessary as a rule. Not specifically to prevent kittens being produced, but your cat can receive some horrible illnesses if she is unspayed and mates with a tom that's ill. (I'm sure you're aware of that, so sorry if it sounds patronizing.)

Please continue to keep us updated, it's nice to know how kittens are progressing. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline kezmayuk

• Adult Cat
  • Mitsey - Lancer - Evo
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2007, 13:14:29 PM »
HANG>>>ON just a second everyone...(please read entire post before replying) ive come to this forum for advice and help and ever since i joined ive had nothing but trouble with some well established members...this is a forum for all not the local rspca center so to those who havnt got a nice thing to say just dont talk or respond to peoples posts! ive read alot of newbies posts who have joined also for advice and help and they have simply been told off/abused by little remarks/comments. i put money on it you wouldnt tell me off in front of my face.youve been telling us lot to get our cats sprayed or we are really stupid :Crazy:...maybe you are vets and want the money?hay? :sick: dont you DARE tell me what i can and cant do with my daughter...are you now trying to say im a bad parent?  :rofl: our kittens are doing very well and so is the mother.our daughter knows to respect the mum/cats and kittens. were not the 1 in 1000 people that mistreat pets hence why i joined this forum.if i didnt care i wouldnt of bothered...to,but i wish i never did or maybe joined a different forum...i definately wouldnt suggest this forum to anybody.  :thanks: to all the good people who have said great comments and given great help and advice. to those who havnt WAKE-UP and read your posts...all you do is seem to lower people right down to the ground,stand above them and laugh.not big or clever! go  :censored: yourselves. :rofl: :evillaugh:
i will be putting a list of those i think are abit out of order and will also forward them to the moderators(they probably are moderators..makes you laugh)

• Super Cat
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2007, 12:50:51 PM »
she was sat down wasnt she ?

i do know what u mean thou ive seen a cat at our local rspca shelter  that was mistreated by young kids and always being pulled about like a rag doll and the poor thing was a nervous wreck , in cases like that its the parents fault for not teaching the child how to respect an animal
its like when i take my dog out i lose count of the number of kids that make stupid growling noises and barking noises at him ( thank god he doesnt react to it )  if i was ever lucky enough to have a child it would be taught from a very young age how precious animals are and how they have to be handled so gently .
but getting bk to kerris picture i really dont see anything wrong there
the kitten doesnt look distressed in anyway to me and she was proberly only holding the kitten for a wee sec just to have a photo taken.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2007, 12:38:25 PM »
she was only little herself  ,

That just it, although the little girl was obviously being gentle she was not holding the kitten correctly

I don't wish to seem rude, but until you have been in rescue and have dealt with cases where kittens and cats have been damaged (no matter how well meaning the handling was) it really is very difficult to understand the concerns we have.

To me if  small child is to handle a kitten they need to be sat down  in a comfy chair and just gently hold the kitten properly.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 12:38:45 PM by Ela »

• Super Cat
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2007, 12:07:23 PM »
i thought the pic looked adorable

i thought the little girl was holding the kitten well considering she was only little herself  ,

some children are gentle and sensible with animals if they are taught respect ,

i can see ur concern thou as the kitten is only very tiny

but as long as the children are taught from an early age how to hold a little kitten and to be gentle then i say its ok .

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2007, 12:00:17 PM »
I am not against it either, its just that pic doesn't look like the kitten is in a good position.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2007, 11:56:36 AM »
Please, please be careful at your children handling them - that

I have to admit that was a concern of mine. I need to say that I am not against families with children having kittens

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2007, 11:49:54 AM »
Please, please be careful at your children handling them - that doesn't look like how tiny kittens should be handled. And you do have to be careful at keeping them, not all mum and siblings get on.
Please spay your cat

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2007, 21:06:00 PM »
cos theres only three and there all gorgeous where in a pickle whether to keep them all or just one, we have homes for them, but don't want to let them go  :Luv: :Luv: (want be saying that when there tearing around  :sneaky: :sneaky: lol
Kerri

Keep them then !!!

I did (kept all 4 that my cat had) it is wonderful to watch them grow up and my Mummy cat still adores her kittens even though they are 2yrs old now !!!!!

• Super Cat
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2007, 11:50:10 AM »
awwwwww ill look forward to seeing more pics
do u know if ur keeping any of them yet ?

Offline kezmayuk

• Adult Cat
  • Mitsey - Lancer - Evo
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2007, 10:15:06 AM »
i think the ginger one is a boy and the others a girl but not 100% for sure, mummy is coming out alot more to see us all, but there all doing well more pics soon
kerri :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

• Super Cat
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2007, 22:34:04 PM »
kez: omg that is such a beautiful picture
awwwwwwwww so so cute
do u know if the kittens r boys /girls yet ?

Offline kezmayuk

• Adult Cat
  • Mitsey - Lancer - Evo
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2007, 22:08:51 PM »
well there both little  :censored: but were call them angles for now lol  ;D ;D :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2007, 22:06:05 PM »
Oh so sweet - which one is the angel and which one is the kitten ??

:blow kiss:   :yesss:   :ahh:   blow kiss:   :yesss:   :ahh:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline kezmayuk

• Adult Cat
  • Mitsey - Lancer - Evo
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2007, 22:01:56 PM »
just got one uploaded yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

More soon

My little angle and kitten

Kerri

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2007, 22:47:11 PM »
mmm that would be a miracle, speratogenesis with no testicles LOL.

but yep des is right there could be sperm still lying around so i'd keep them apart.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2007, 22:45:13 PM »
Just watch daddy for a few weeks, they can still produce sperm - Evo will be fine, as she will be spayed, but mummy wont be.
Please spay your cat

Offline kezmayuk

• Adult Cat
  • Mitsey - Lancer - Evo
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2007, 20:29:08 PM »
daddy being done monday along with evo on the friday!!!!! no more babbies  ;D ;D ;D
more pictures soon when i can get them uploaded
kerri

• Super Cat
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2007, 12:02:41 PM »
I Wanna c more pics  :) :) :)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2007, 11:23:58 AM »
aaww just seen the pics, they were lovely.

glad it all went well and mum lookin after them ok.

is there any chance of getting dad down to the vets to be castrated asap ??

Offline kezmayuk

• Adult Cat
  • Mitsey - Lancer - Evo
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2007, 10:44:31 AM »
tried up loading yesturday and it keep failing so gave up just gone to do it a mo ago and the sites being updated  >:(

will get there in the end

kerri

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2007, 06:26:19 AM »
HI glad Mum and kittens are doing well  ;D

Can't wait to see the pics  :Luv:

Offline kezmayuk

• Adult Cat
  • Mitsey - Lancer - Evo
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2007, 14:20:06 PM »
mummy is doing fine has moved them today, all is well just going to upload them to photobucket (takes ages as on dial up)

piccys soon ;D ;D

Kerri

• Super Cat
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2007, 09:30:11 AM »
and any more pics ???? :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2007, 09:27:40 AM »
Any news on Mum and her gorgeous babies?  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

ccmacey

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2007, 11:27:12 AM »
 ;D They are little cuties, well done mum.

Offline kezmayuk

• Adult Cat
  • Mitsey - Lancer - Evo
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2007, 10:15:29 AM »
cos theres only three and there all gorgeous where in a pickle whether to keep them all or just one, we have homes for them, but don't want to let them go  :Luv: :Luv: (want be saying that when there tearing around  :sneaky: :sneaky: lol
Kerri

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2007, 09:50:45 AM »
congrats Kerri, so glad you are getting them all done!  Have you got people lined up for when kittens are old enough or will you keep some yourself?

Link to CatChat