Author Topic: Wandering off  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
  • Slave to: Chiana
Re: Wandering off
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 15:50:27 PM »
Yep. She gets 4 Whiskas Temptations at a time. If not asleep in my bed she comes running if I rattle the box.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 15:40:10 PM »
Does she have a favourite treat? Dreamies usually do the trick if you can get them to come running to the shake of the packet it can come in handy. As Purdy says they are usually quite close by but hiding.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 13:10:50 PM »
It could well be she is just exploring the local area, and going hunting.  In the BBC project on cats, the females didn't really go that far, within a street length, it was the males that seemed to wander further.

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
  • Slave to: Chiana
Wandering off
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 07:05:03 AM »
I was a bit worried a month of so ago when it got lighter and warmer how my Chiana twice wandered off in the early mornings through gaps in the hedge at the bottom of the garden. Each time she did not come back until about 2 am, and I promised the RSPCA and  I would not let her out after dark. Likewise years ago I promised the same when I got Poppy from the Cat Protection.

But Chiana has bee good now and though she likes to wander around at daybreak for awhile she never stays out for long any more. My pal Paddy who also loves cats and came with me to help pick her at the RSPCA centre, says he reckons she was only exploring the area when she stayed out a long time. He is the only one apart form me she allows to stoke her.

Link to CatChat