Author Topic: Good news for a beautiful feral girl  (Read 3850 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Good news for a beautiful feral girl
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2007, 16:38:53 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: i hope she will be wellbehaved living under the eyes of god  :rofl:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2007, 03:03:42 AM »
Here's a pic of the gorgeous feral girl, she's ready to go back to the Reverand now and start a fab new life  :Luv:  :Luv:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2007, 20:11:45 PM »
Dawn the way you describe the B/W is so lovely. :Luv:

My vet gave me Metacam in july when Phoebe had her wires in for broken jaws, but i just checked it and its written for dogs!!!

Can the dog one be used for cats too?

You'll need to chuck it soon as it expires 6 months after opening  ;D
The dog one could be used as the cat one didnt exist but now it does.
Rosella cat metacam isnt safer as such, its the same drug and the cat still gets the same mg/kg dose as before. It is more accurate for smaller cats, tho i hate the syringe  :innocent:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007, 13:38:31 PM »
The dog metacam drops were never officially approved for use in cats as far as I know altho I and others have had vets prescribe them as painkiller for cats in the absence of anything else being available. The worry of using the dog metacam drops in cats is mainly long term use and ensuring low doses. Now that cat metacam is available, it's not such a worry. I think that's right?

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2007, 23:07:31 PM »
OH, is just i miss my tortie girls but i dont think its possible with Phoebe :shify:    :thanks:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2007, 22:52:41 PM »
I will take piccies of her, she is gorgeous as well, she's meant to be a feral but she came trotting over for a fuss as soon as I got out of my car  :Luv:  :Luv:  The tortie I had spayed the other day is also a little fuss pot on the quiet, she now purrs and shoves her head in my hand, she will be absolutely fine living with the old guy  :Luv: 

The Reverand feeds the cats I think twice daily, he is lovely with them and they all come running when he feeds them.  He talks to them as well which I think is really sweet  :)  If he's not there or can't make it, there is another guy who looks after them for him, they are fine, it's a lovely location and they are all in beautiful condition.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2007, 22:39:20 PM »
Please take a photo of the long hair tortie aswell. :thanks

Are they fed by the guy or any one in there?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2007, 22:35:09 PM »

My vet gave me Metacam in july when Phoebe had her wires in for broken jaws, but i just checked it and its written for dogs!!!

Next time I am at the Golf Course, I will take a picture of her if she's around.........she is sooo adoreable  :Luv:  :Luv:

Yes the dog one was prescribed for cats, I remember having some for Tiger and I did ring and check as I thought they'd given me the wrong one.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2007, 22:32:07 PM »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 22:22:57 PM »
The cat Metacam is fabulous for our Thomas' arthritis. Not sure about it being more costly as such per ml but it is definitely far less strong than the dog one so don't have to worry as much about kidney probs through overdosing. I don't use the syringe I just put drops on large kibble dry catfood and Tom licks it off.

Best of luck Dawn

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 20:43:14 PM »
Yes its more expensive and you have to use more of it  >:( and i hate the syringe  >:( >:( am i too fussy  :rofl:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 23:28:15 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: so pleased for little tortie ... and well done to the lovely Mr Reverand for helping the golf course kitties and for offering this little one a forever home  :Luv2: :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 23:13:44 PM »
Metacam has finally been licenced for use in cats, BUT it is a lot more expensive than the dog version!! I am lucky that I still have some in. I might be tempted to look more into glucosamine based things Dawn. IF the old man really wanted her, it might be worth him trying again, as 4 weeks isn't long enough to break the habit, our adoption papers state 6 weeks, and he might be best doign it even longer than that.
Please spay your cat

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 13:26:12 PM »
That's great news Dawn!!

I know what you mean about keeping up with posts... there are SO many I don't nearly have enough time to get round them all!
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 11:07:13 AM »
It has been out for a few weeks maybe months now (time flies)  and has been mentioned on here quite a few times, however, I appreciate we don't read all posts.

I'm a little  :stupid: when it comes to reading posts, I don't have time to go through all of them and unless it's something I normally use, my brain doesn't absorb the info  :innocent:  I will look into it as this little sweetheart is just  :Luv2: , I would love to shove her under my coat and take her home with me but I don't think she'd be impressed   :evillaugh:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 11:04:51 AM »
I knew there was a new one out - last time I ran out of Metacam I went to get the new one from my Vet, but my lovely Receptionist friend had a Metacam that someone had returned that she had saved for me so didn't need the new one. ;D
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 11:02:56 AM »
I was talking to one of my friends yesterday and apparently they've brought out Metacam for cats,

It has been out for a few weeks maybe months now (time flies)  and has been mentioned on here quite a few times, however, I appreciate we don't read all posts.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 10:54:30 AM »
this is good news, a shame you couldn't give the black and white a talking to and let her know what she might be missing!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 10:33:06 AM »
I was talking to one of my friends yesterday and apparently they've brought out Metacam for cats, I'm going to mention it to Sean when I see him and try and get her some.  She is a little sweetheart  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 10:25:06 AM »
Sounds like she could do with a bit of Metacam, or whatever the cat equivalent one is called - that's what Forest has for his dodgy legs.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Good news for a beautiful feral girl
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 10:23:17 AM »
I've been trapping some cats at a golf course, basically just getting the older ones spayed and neutered and taking the kittens.  The old guy looking after them is lovely, he thinks the world of them but obviously wants whats best and is worried about the growing bill when it comes to buying food.  I caught one the tortie's the day before yesterday and also a kitten.  The tortie was in the vets to be spayed, deflead and wormed yesterday and she's absolutely fine.  I had a phone call off the old guy this morning asking how she was and that he's decided he wants to keep this babe rather than her go back to the golf course  :Luv2:   :Luv2:  I'm really pleased for her, she will get a fab home with him when she settles down.  She was a bit of a minx in the vets yesterday apparently but she did let me stroke her last night  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  The guy is a reverand so he may be able to give her a talking to on how not to bite the hand that feeds, and maybe he'll give me a blessing whilst he's at it  :innocent:  ;)

There are a couple of other cats there that are just soooooo  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  One's a fluffy tortie girl, she seems to be boss but in a lady like way and there's a melt my heart black/white girl who's about 10 years old and she totters about like she's wearing heels bless her  :Luv:  :Luv:  I think she has some Arthritic problems as she's about 10 years old and definitely looks a little old lady, I'm going to have a chat with Uncle Sean to see if there's anything that we can put in her food to ease her joints.  The guy did try taking her home with him, he kept her in for 4 weeks and when he let her out she did a runner............back to the golf course  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat