Author Topic: Releasing feral cats when they've been spayed/neutered  (Read 2011 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Releasing feral cats when they've been spayed/neutered
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 11:21:36 AM »
We are lucky now as Virginia woith the farm has many barns etc, before that we were loath to put them back until the Spring. If one had come round so much that it  had  settled down and nuzzled when fed, I personally would find it a home.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 21:05:54 PM »
Dawn please dont take tha tabby back :naughty:, if she is happy to stay with you :Luv:, i am sure if the guy cares for her he will understand that she is in a good place just tell him you can take her back when the weather gets better ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 20:46:34 PM »
I may be too soft I think, I've got all mine in now that the weather is getting colder  :Luv2:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 20:45:16 PM »
I know what you mean

We have a colony of feral cats at the stables, but they appear to be in good condition

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Releasing feral cats when they've been spayed/neutered
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 20:30:51 PM »
I'm not sure if other rescues feel the same but when the weather is bad, do you feel bad when you release the cats back to the wild?  I've got one to take back this evening and I feel so bad as it's freezing outside and it just doesn't seem right  :shy:  I also still have the tabby here that was pregnant, she should have gone back a couple of weeks ago but I can't bring myself to do it.  She has settled down fantastic and will nuzzle me now when I feed her.  The guy who feeds her where she came from said he worries in the winter as to where she sleeps, I am soooo tempted to keep her here where she's warm and fed but not sure whether the guy would be happy parting with her even though she is a feral  :innocent:

Link to CatChat