Author Topic: Free to good home advert. Snow Bengal female, can anyone phone & suss this out?  (Read 4274 times)

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Some people are  :naughty: :censored:anything for a quick buck. If this is not a scam and this poor baby does need a home I hope you can find a great rescue to take him/her in

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Well done Purrs people........let us know what happens  ;D

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
I'll forward it on. I copied it direct from Sharons post which I am sure she copied too so I guess it is in fact a scam. How annoying!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
It does sadly sound like a scam  >:(  A Bengal free to good home is likely to get lots of phone calls, so on a premium rate number they'll be making a profit  >:(

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
Don't want to be a killjoy but this sounds like a classic scam, lots of people ring to get this 'free' desirable Bengal and are hit for a massive phonebill.
Worth googling the dialling code to see how much it comes up as, some can be as much as £15 per call  :Crazy:
OH was telling me about these scams the other day, think the one he was talking about started 09061 or something

hope everything is ok if it is real cry for help

Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
i use 18866 for all my calls and it tells you what the call will cost before putting you through so you can disconnect and not be charged.
if someone would like to pm the phone no. to me I will let you know what it says.

remember a lot of the internet free ad responses are 'premium rate' as that is how the sites make their money.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Don't want to be a killjoy but this sounds like a classic scam, lots of people ring to get this 'free' desirable Bengal and are hit for a massive phonebill.
Worth googling the dialling code to see how much it comes up as, some can be as much as £15 per call  :Crazy:

Helen if your right these people want shooting. 

What ever I hope this cat gets rescued, if she does exist.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
It will definately be "Oh my Goodness" if my boss checks the phone bill !!!  :evillaugh:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
If we can get through to the correct number and we can get her to Lincs I can get her into Bengal Welfare.

I hope you can get her poor little lass. I'd love her but zubin is a dominante male bengal, and they would most likely clash.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I must be an innocent sorry!

Offline coastalkitty

• Adult Cat
wahaahaaaaaa  Oh my goodness!!    :rofl:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
You know what I mean Dawn - one of THOSE places :-[  :-[  :-[  I was blushing on the phone !!  :rofl: :rofl:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
OMG what do you mean those places????  I can help with transport if necessary and do have bengal experience!

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Bloody Hell can someone please confirm the number because that was one of THOSE places, definately no snow bengal there but lots of other "things" on offer.  :-[  :rofl:  :rofl:

If we can get through to the correct number and we can get her to Lincs I can get her into Bengal Welfare.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Hi, Ive tried to call the number and it says a BT warning that it is a premium rate number and not a mobile number - I will keep trying
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
If you need any help getting somewhere for her, I can put a plea out, I'm pretty sure some of the contacts I have are in that area.  I hope she doesn't end up in the wrong hands  :'(

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
Detectives at large  :)
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Done  ;)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Hi, if you pm me the number I will call.  We rescued an 11m old Bengal a couple of weeks ago and he is now recovering at Bengal Welfare (long story)
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
As this is a mobile number, I'll edit the thread to remove, though anyone who can please contact Sharon direct for the number. I will PM it to Sharon so she can forward the number quickly to anyone who wants.

In the meantime, Sharon have a chat with Linda, she may have some ideas on how to handle this one.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Hi all
I have just seen an advert in the papers about a 7m old snow bengal that is being offered free to good home.. Based in Hythe Kent, pls PM for phone number.

Cannot believe it really... I dare not ring, but perhaps someone can and tell her about the Bengal Rescue.. She says its a dominate female that dosnt get on with her other cats in the advert.

There seems to be alot of FTGH adverts in the papers this week, most unspayed females... Its very depressing..!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 09:50:34 AM by Kittybabe (Ruth) »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat