Author Topic: Urgent home/s needed in less than 3 weeks  (Read 11320 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Urgent home/s needed in less than 3 weeks
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2007, 14:59:22 PM »
. She just needs to discuss it with her husband when he comes home from work this evening to make sure he is ready to move on from their recent loss.

I always think that if you can take in another little one (or two) then maybe just maybe you did not lose you little one in vain

RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2007, 14:52:21 PM »
Wow Anne that sounds like a perfect arrangement for everyone involved!!  I did introduce a cat to an acquaintance who remained very sad after losing her beloved who lived with her for 16 years.  I was a bit apprehensive as I was afraid she was not in the mood to take in anyone else, but she finally decided to go for it and the new kitten made a world of difference for her for the better, she is now so happy and fullfilled, and of course the kitten too.  I hope the hubby will make the same decision!!! :wow:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2007, 14:48:40 PM »
I hope this all works out Anne...this would be fantastic  :wow: fingers crossed  ;)

Offline lotsamoggies - Anne

• Adult Cat
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2007, 14:45:50 PM »
OK folks, keep fingers and toes crossed. I've just had a call from a lady ( very nice lady) who has always had 2 cats and lost their last one a few months ago, she now feels ready to fill her empty house with the soft patter of paws. She has always had a boy and a girl and has shown interest in BOTH Bundy and Tabs. She just needs to discuss it with her husband when he comes home from work this evening to make sure he is ready to move on from their recent loss.

I do so hope this works out she sounds a really nice lady who lives in a quiet leafy area with a large garden. :wow:

Offline chrisleitz

• Senior Cat
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2007, 10:48:08 AM »
Thanks Ela.  I will email her the link just in case.
Best wishes, Chris, Samson, Buddie and Pepper

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2007, 10:45:16 AM »
Wizz is always full to bursting like the rest of us rescues. In fact I know only yesterday someone was going to ring her about an urgent case in Sheffield.  Although it would not do any harm to ring her and ask if she could add the cats to her list.

Offline chrisleitz

• Senior Cat
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2007, 10:41:49 AM »
Does anybody know if Wizz knows about this and if she has space?
Best wishes, Chris, Samson, Buddie and Pepper

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2007, 20:06:17 PM »
Bump....any news on these gorgeous felines?

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2007, 16:06:01 PM »
CC and her mum  have offered to foster them if nothing more suitable comes along, but I'm sure it will. 

What a relief. 2 less to worry about.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2007, 15:59:31 PM »
These two look so adorable, bless them I so  hope a lovely home can be found for them. God Bless them  :hug: :hug:

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2007, 15:11:52 PM »
Thanks Anne for the reassuarance :)  And CC too, big cheers to your generosity and compassion  ;D  It is good to know that they are cared and looked after, and I am sure they will find a loving, safe place that they deserve :blow kiss:

• Adult Cat
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2007, 14:43:02 PM »
Can I put  minds at rest,  I have been assured by their owner, Bundy & tabs, WILL NOT be put to sleep.

There is an extension on the original 3 week deadline (by a few weeks) and I'm sure something will come along.
CC and her mum  have offered to foster them if nothing more suitable comes along, but I'm sure it will.  :)

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2007, 14:18:44 PM »
I wish i could help but im a few too many miles away and i doubt they would appreciate getting attacked by the 2 kittens i already have  :'(

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2007, 14:17:09 PM »
 :'( :( :'(  I told you I had the feeling it was not something I wanted to know!!  :( :'(

But it does sadly happen and hope someday there will be no need for such sad endings...  And for these guys too, I am sure their owner (whatever the reason he had to move into this flat, I guess I have no right to judge and he must have had a good reason...) would be so heartbroken if it came to that. 

My thoughts will be with them and I am dishing out all the positive vibes and well wishes for them

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2007, 14:10:40 PM »
These poor babies are beautiful, I hope someone can help them

PTS = Put To Sleep
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2007, 14:05:22 PM »
Put To Sleep  :'(

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2007, 13:54:05 PM »
Have these cuties found a home yet?  I still see the special notice for them on the headbanner of the forum...

BTW I am not sure if it is something I would want to know, but I feel so very ignorant... what does PTS stands for? :scared:

ccmacey

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2007, 18:24:17 PM »
Got your pm today but not last night, my server was down  :-: Have pm'd you  :)

• Adult Cat
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2007, 14:21:27 PM »
cc
 I replied to your PM last night but didn't get the one you sent this morning.. are you not getting my PMs ?

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2007, 13:29:58 PM »
Anne- have Pm'd you

CC are you thinking of  of offering these little ones a new loving home? How nice that would be.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 13:30:14 PM by Ela »

ccmacey

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2007, 13:16:36 PM »
Anne- have Pm'd you.

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2007, 23:03:07 PM »
cc
 Mexborough is part of Rotherham borough council and is situted between Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield in South Yorkshire.. Road wise, basically between the A1 and the M1.. does that help ?

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2007, 21:48:49 PM »
Where is Mexborough?
Replied to your PM.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2007, 18:58:38 PM »
Anne,i sent you a PM re: Bundy&Tabs.

ccmacey

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2007, 18:13:06 PM »
Where is Mexborough?

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 17:20:55 PM »
Ela,
     I will ask Mr Lovat if he wants me to post his info here if not I'll email you or anyone else interested direct.

Regarding websites. I have my own which I am going to list them on, but as most of my traffic comes from links to catchat I don't know if it will make much difference if Mandy lists them on the Top Cat page as well.
We have 4 rescues in the town, RSPCA, Cats Protection, and 2 independent ones. I believe each one has a website, along with a fosterer who has her own, but at least 2 of them are hardly ever updated so doubt I could get anything done there, but I will try.
 By all means list them on your site, as I said, Mr Lovatt is prepared to travel any distance to get them the right place, I think Kent was mentioned :wow:

I'll get back to you all as soon as poss

Thanks

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 16:55:47 PM »
Ela, if you want me to, I will ask him if he wants me to pass on his contact info,

You can if you wish.

I assume the little ones are on rescue lists in your area.  Do any of the rescues have a web site where their details can be placed. If the owner wants I could put them on our site.

All the rescues in this area help one another, so I wouldn't condemn the one above as not being worth it's salt, because there are hundreds of cats they have found new homes for, who otherwise would not have been helped, were it not for them.

What I really mean is I don't know how anyone can call themselves a rescue when they pick and choose what to take in, to me a rescue takes in the most urgent  having said that I appreciate that they cannot block up completly with oldies. But the threat of PTS in my opinion is pretty urgent and would go to the top of the list.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 17:14:15 PM by Ela »

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 16:13:58 PM »
Ela,  I agree with you entirely regarding older cats and any for that matter including cats with AIDS or Leukaemia, I've hung on many times until the right home has come along, as it always does given time. You've no idea how many heated arguments I've got into over all these points, but unfortunately some people at some rescues have different views which I am not in a position to influence.
I was only speaking to one of our local cat coordinators regarding this a few days ago, she was told recently by the trustees of her rescue that she should not take in any more older or feral cats/kittens, mainly because they have an older one right now who has been there since May. She, like you (no doubt) and I, disagree with the trustees, but when faced with some peoples views, especially when they hold the reins and are responsible for funds, what alternative is there for such as this lady, other than resigning and offering her services to another rescue, which I know she won't do at this moment, especially as there would be nobody experienced enough to replace her.

All the rescues in this area help one another, so I wouldn't condemn the one above as not being worth it's salt, because there are hundreds of cats they have found new homes for, who otherwise would not have been helped, were it not for them.
Usually waiting lists are shared in this area by the various rescues, so with a bit of juggling, if one rescue can't take a particular cat another one likely can, but in this instance everyone is full to bursting.

I have been involved in rescue for enough years, well over 30, to know there are good and bad people in most rescues, whether they be branches of national organisations or independent ones. I include myself when I say that most believe their standards are as good or better than someone else's, which is in my experience not necessarily the case. I have met many a person in rescue over the years, who I would not have given the responsibility of homing a stuffed toy, let alone a cat, yet they thought they were doing an excellent job, that was/is my personal opinion and not necessarily someone else's.

Regarding Bundy & Tabbs owner, I have spoken to him and he will continue to try and find either a home or a place in a rescue, although a permanent home would be his preference.
He is prepared to travel any distance for the right place. He has thought about boarding but could only afford it for a short period. He has told me he could still utilise his current home for the cats over a few weeks after he moves, and does not want to consider PTS. He has no intention of abandoning them, but he doesn't think he could sneak them into the rented place either, because the landlords sister lives next door and would give the game away. Apparently the landlord is a "CAT HATER", not just someone who is concerned about damage. I even suggested a pen in the garden, (more as a smoke screen than anything), but because of the landlords feelings for cats, that too is not an option.

Ela, if you want me to, I will ask him if he wants me to pass on his contact info, because it looks like the time limit can be extended a few weeks now, so you or someone else may be in a position to help by then.

Thanks to one and all for your concern and help with these two sweeties, it is very much appreciated.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 11:40:37 AM »
either way they aren't covered vaccine wise and there isn't enough time to get them fully covered.

Some catteries will take such cats. I know one in Balborough not a million miles away from the cats that will.

To be honest the way things are around here with cat rescue I doubt anyone will want to take them on because of their age, it's not that the rescues consider them old, they don't, but most people do and don't want to adopt an older cat, so rescues envisage a pen or two being taken up long term, when younger cats could br rehomed quicker enabling them to help more cats on their very long lists.

We don't and if I had space I would bring them in now. if someone can take them until I have room I would have them and I know I would home them.

I think any rescue worth its salt should not give priority to bringing in young homeable cats as in my opinion all cats as equally deserving. Although I appreciate a rescue cannot be completely blocked with un-homeable and harder to home cats. I might add that we in our Branch of Cats Protection consider no cat un-homeable, I think there is a home for all of them somewhere, but it just takes a little longer and more effort sometimes.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 12:22:24 PM by Ela »

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 11:35:21 AM »
Thanks very much Tan.. Fingers and toes crossed. Meanwhile I'll keep badgering our local rescues and friends and see if we can't at least come up with something, even if it's temporary

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 11:31:23 AM »
Sorry Ela I didn't see your first post about a boarding cattery. To be honest I don't know what his financial situation is. He's not moving very far at all, so I don't know if he has lost his own house and maybe that's why he is going into a rented one, but apart from that they either have never been or have lapsed boosters, either way they aren't covered vaccine wise and there isn't enough time to get them fully covered. I suppose a cattery might take them and put them in an isolation unit for a week or so but that's if he can afford it in the first place. I will try and get hold of him and see what he says. He did say he was prepared to pay for vaccines, wormers,  etc. for them.

To be honest the way things are around here with cat rescue I doubt anyone will want to take them on because of their age, it's not that the rescues consider them old, they don't, but most people do and don't want to adopt an older cat, so rescues envisage a pen or two being taken up long term, when younger cats could br rehomed quicker enabling them to help more cats on their very long lists.

I'll try and speak to this chap about boarding and let you know what he says.  

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 11:11:56 AM »
Done :) Fingers crossed for these beautiful babes

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 11:03:54 AM »
Ela,
     It was quite late last night when I posted this appeal and sent a request for them to be put in a news item,  Tan replied and said they would go on the news page today. 

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 10:52:53 AM »
Can you ask Tan to highlight this topic in the News?

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 10:02:42 AM »
Bundy is sweet, but Tabs is lovely! :Luv: Shame she's not a fan of other cats.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 09:05:37 AM »
if none of the rescues can take them or a home can't be found, I don't see what else this chap can do,

Couldn't he put them in a cattery until a rescue can take them in?  I presume he has put them on lists, as every day he delays the lists are growing longer. Also many people in these situations sneak the cats in and keep them in one room until a rescue can take them in. After all one room is in most cases bigger than a pen they will be in for a while.There is absolutely no reason why these little ones should be PTS.

Not too long ago one of our our members who lived in or near Sheffield offered to care for a couple until I could take them in. Perhaps someone will offer again until a rescue does have room. I would certainly put them on my list if necessary.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 09:08:31 AM by Ela »

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 00:53:08 AM »
cc,
 if none of the rescues can take them or a home can't be found, I don't see what else this chap can do, other than abandon them, which no doubt many people in his situation end up doing. I'm hoping Mandy can put them on catchats home page for me, I've had older cats on there before and within a couple of weeks someone has come forward to offer a home, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 00:43:49 AM »
Bundy looks like my Ted  :Luv:

Are they going to be pts if no where can take them?

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 00:03:12 AM »
Thanks Desley, me too,  I simply can't take them as much as I would love to..l I have 30 permanent bundles of fun to cope with

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 23:48:51 PM »
Aww, I do hope something can be sorted for these two. Shame i am full.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat