Author Topic: New foster coming today!!  (Read 8076 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: New foster coming today!!
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2008, 21:18:25 PM »
Thanks everyone, just waiting to hear from the rescue, although it wont be official for a couple of months while I Save up.
Please spay your cat

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2008, 18:13:00 PM »
Good on yer, Zia :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
I fostered my tortie, Sweep and then adopted her. When the vet nurse bought her and her kittens round to me I thought, oh, don't like tortie's at all!!!! That was 11 years ago and I think i might just be changing my mind :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
I was determined last year when i decided to get another cat that I definately didn't want another tabby, as apart from Sweep, mine have all been tabbys. So, what happens, I fall in love with Jonty, who had been through a very rough couple of years, and yes.... he's a tabby!!!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2008, 17:00:04 PM »
exciting news Des!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2008, 16:52:24 PM »
 :1st place: :yesss: :yesss:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2008, 12:15:19 PM »
Des congrats on your newest forever baby, somehow think she just wormed her way in and whilst you may not have chosen her she has decided to play with your mind and make her yours forever! :Luv:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2008, 07:36:12 AM »
Well, I think I have been down to 1 cat for long enough now, so am going to start saving up for adoption fee, bloods, booster and chip for Zia, then formally adopt her, I would prefer to see if there are any oldies in other rescues, but that wouldnt be fair on the rescue paying for her, and I might then have issues with bringing another cat into the mix, especially while Rolo is still here. She isnt the kind of cat I would choose to own though, but she is here long term regardless, so might as well save the rescue money, which they can use for other cats.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2007, 22:47:41 PM »
i was supposedly fundraising for the rescue Zi came from today, and one of their regular supporters was asking about Zia, as she knew her from her previous home - I had my camera on me, and showed her some of the pics of her in bed, and playing, and seh can't believe how well she is looking - says she looks better than she did years ago!! i have spoiled her though, she doesn't want to eat normal cat food anymore!!
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2007, 11:43:07 AM »
Think she should be!! Good job I am single really, I have 2 that like to sleep under the duvet with me, and one that gets her food on the bed if she doesn't want to move!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2007, 11:41:33 AM »
Is she called Pam purred :rofl:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2007, 11:00:34 AM »
Couple more photos - I asked the rescue for permissio to let her out after 5 weeks rahter than 6, and now she isn't bothered!! mind you, it was cold yesterday, and cold and wet today, so maybe she has sense!! The second pic is going to the rescue she came from yesterday, I tell them my cats are spoilt, they will certainly believe it after seeing that!!

Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2007, 07:51:04 AM »
No, straight out of the door - she normally stops when I tell her she isn't allowed out, but there was a bit of a thud, and she must have ran straight downstairs and out of the door!! 17yo's really shouldnt' be so sprightly at 7.20am!! She seems to have started camping out in my bedroom now, she has found she can sleep near part of the rad, and spent most of the night on the bed - like Molly, she likes being under the duvet!! I had both of them under at one point last night, it was fab!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2007, 09:22:23 AM »
Very naughty tortie  :evillaugh: did she jump out of a window?

She does seem very sprightly for her age.. she is lovely  :Luv2:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2007, 07:54:39 AM »
Thanks Dawn - I think it is the expressions more, I forgot you had met Pebbles.

:-) I am glad she is settling, although we have had a bad morning, I tried to scoop her up to bring her up for her brekkie this morning like I normally do, but she decided she was going to run rings round me instead (something Pebbles was also known to do!!), then I eventually got her upstairs, went to sort Rolo out, and heard a thud, went to investigate, and no Zia!! Eventually found her outside, on the next street sat on a chair left out for rubbish!! Either she didn't know how to come back, or was happy being out - she isn't supposed to be out till next weekend, and I have had to stop her going out the door numerous times (have to leave it open for Tiger, she panics if you shut the door when she is out, and just sits on the doorstep!!). Might have to relent on my 6 week rule - but it has been 5 weeks.
Please spay your cat

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2007, 23:02:21 PM »
I can see what you mean Des about the way she does look like Pebbles, something in the expressions I think. Maybe its because I actually met Pebbles, sometimes its hard to see from pics but comparing what Pebbles looked like when I met her to the pictures of Zia where she is looking right into the camera, I can definitely see the similarities  ;D

I looooooooove tortie girls - she is so beautiful  :) glad she is settling in at yours. She sounds a bit like our tortie Gerti as she is a right cuddle bum (and also has one ginger leg which I love  :Luv2: )

Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2007, 22:43:20 PM »
IT is very cute!! I can - the bed she is in on teh first pic was PEbbles favourite place the back end of last year.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2007, 22:35:08 PM »
Yes can see the ginger leg now..............I loves Sasas ginger bits and she has some off ginger places that are almost dilute and hidden in her white fur.

I can see the Pebbles likeness in this pics too  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2007, 22:32:00 PM »
I do - those pics are actually quite dark. I love her front left leg as well, it is pretty much all ginger!! So, for a brindle tortie, it is unusal to have such markings, and ironic that the two that stand out the most both remind me of Ginger and PEbbles.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2007, 22:27:54 PM »
Oh I love those black masks  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2007, 22:20:03 PM »
She is - and most of you know I dont like torties!! IT is somethign to do wtih that black mask I think!! You wouldnt believe she was 17!! Her eyes give her age away though, they are starting to get cloudy.
Please spay your cat

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2007, 15:36:11 PM »
ahhhhh   absolutely gorgeous little babe!  ;)
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2007, 15:04:45 PM »
She's adorable  :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2007, 14:37:28 PM »
awwwwwwwwwwwww so pretty  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2007, 08:02:39 AM »
Some new pics of her - she loves to play with Da Bird, and once she has had enough of that, she loves to sit on the sofa with me, and she did sleep on my bed for part of the night - Molly occasionally tolerates that!! She is desperate to go out though, but hasn't been here long enough yet, think she has to wait till next weekend for that, poor love!!

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 08:03:26 AM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2007, 07:41:27 AM »
Well, she has been here a month now, and is really settling and coming out of her shell, she loves to come and sit on the sofa with me in the evening now (which has upset Bella a bit as she likes to do the same!!), and last night was playing with Da Bird, then with a ball of her own accord, it is lovely to see a 17yo playing!! Apart from not being allowed in the bathroom anymore (so she camps out in front of the door and I nearly stand on her a few times a day!!), she seems very happy, we even had belly rubs last night, till she had enough and nibbled my fingers!! Did take a couple of pics this weekend, will try and get them on this week.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2007, 19:12:58 PM »
She is, I will take some more pics this week. i was impressed with Molly - Tiger will accept her in the front room, but when Tiger wandered into the room this morning cos I hadn't got up on time, she did spit at her!! Silly girls.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2007, 14:19:36 PM »
Oh that's a bit naughty of them Desley :sneaky:

Zia is a sweetheart though  :Luv: Well done to Molly for allowing her on the bed  :evillaugh:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2007, 10:54:39 AM »
Will have words over that!! I Can't afford a third cat, but have been giving her my cat's wet food, as she came with purely dry (so they are helping her eat her dry!!), and i had debated looking into insurance for her to help save the rescue money.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2007, 10:51:26 AM »
Hmmm, I see.  ;D Looks like Zia's one of yours now, eh?! ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2007, 10:38:10 AM »
Well, she has been here two weeks now, and had to have her integration quickened due to Rolo's appearance, which she isn't 100% happy with, as although she has a nice cat bed on the landing, as well as full run of the house, she has lost her bed in front of the radiator!! She is very picky with her food, she asks for wet food more than dry, but then just nibbles at it, bless her. She has found the bed now though, Molly just about allows her on it!! I wrote a lovely piece for the rescue's rehomign page, just been on to check if they have used it, and found this instead!!

http://www.catchat.org/pennine/cgibin/prview.cgi?id=2007102701
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2007, 07:43:29 AM »
She is a little sweetheart, as long as Molly tolerates her, I think her integration will be fairly quick, as she is fine with Tiger, they can sit in the same room and be fine - I think she is just so pleased to have a home that she isn't bothered about sharing, and her only 'thing' seems to be wanting to be as close to me as possible, if I move in teh room, she will move to be near me - could cause probs with Molly though, so she might not be allowed in the bedroom. She isn't eating lots though, barely touches the dry she has been on for months, but does love HiLife Tuna (luckily it is the complete food!!).
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 22:06:48 PM »
She sounds like she is as fabulous in temperament as she is in looks  ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 15:51:28 PM »
glad she is settling and I am really glad she will have a home for her old age.  I know what you mean about colours, Algie was a ticked tabby (he looked sort of aby but with white underneath) and I adored him it was his nature not just his look that I loved but when I lost him I really would have given my right arm to get another one like him knowing full well that the same look didn't mean the same Algie, I couldn't find one and ended up with her tortiness

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 07:48:36 AM »
I think the fact i offered to take her on, and then thought of asking things like colour shows that it doesn't really matter what colours I say i dont like, they get a place here!! I decided to be soft last night, and let her start integrating - decided that between the fact she is highly likely to live her life out here, and the fact she has already been in a rescue since May, she deserves to be truly in a home environment, rather than isolated. She had an hour and a half out last night, and was content to just sit on the arm of the sofa next to me, and keep touching me. Tiger has been fine with her, they just spent some time looking at each other, so that is a bonus, just got to see Molly's reaction now!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2007, 15:45:29 PM »
I hope she changes your mind Des, I wasn't a fan until I met a lovely girl called Cookie at the blue cross at the time we weren't looking for another cat so she went off to another home.  When Algie died and we were looking we met Amber, I can honestly say she is the sweetest natured cat I have ever met, she sleeps between our two pillows!  I'm so glad Zia will have home comforts in her old age

Offline chrisleitz

• Senior Cat
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2007, 15:04:34 PM »
Des, Zia is gorgeous and does not look her age at all.  She so deserves a good and permament home and I have the feeling she's found it.  I'm also glad you are meeting a 'nice' tortie for a change.  This should be a whole new experience for you   ;)

To Zia: Well done babes and my cuddlebum tortie Pepper sends her love  and a headbutt
Best wishes, Chris, Samson, Buddie and Pepper

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2007, 07:36:23 AM »
Have created a little monster - despite being on dry food only for months, I gave her some wet for her first proper meal (had already left a small amount of dry down when she arrived which she ate willingly), and she has been picking at her dry ever since!! Am making her have dry only this morning, but have mixed some of Tigers JWB in with it, cos hte poor thing has had the same flavour dry food for months, and she ate more of that than she had done her normal food!!
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 20:24:50 PM »
Desley, Zia is lovely and eventhough different colour from your pebbles,i think you are the one who can see the resemblance, some times is the way they look or the impression on thier face which reminds you of another cat,for me it was with Phoebe when i saw her in rescue face to face even she wasB/W, one look at her and she reminded me of DD which was a tortie and had a beautifull face and phobe doesnt have face like her but there is something about her which i think is the way they look at you and specially when she do her eyes really mean as to say dont you touch me or you get it and DD was exactly the same :)(By the wayi didnt get her becos of this, i saw her first on rescue site on line and when i read about her i decided to see if she likes to come with me) :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2007, 18:13:27 PM »
:-)

i am sure she will too, I am glad that she wont have to die in a rescue, just a shame I didn't get to her friend Gem before she died.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2007, 18:09:10 PM »
What beautiful kitties....  :Luv: :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat