Author Topic: Neglect/abuse case with a happy ending  (Read 2397 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Neglect/abuse case with a happy ending
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 19:07:50 PM »
The old lady was really funny.
She said "I can't stand any cruelty to animals or kids - any more of it and I'll knock her over the head with a F :censored: g hammer"  :evillaugh:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 18:30:36 PM »
She said "I can't stand any cruelty to animals or kids - any more of it and I'll knock her over the head with a F :censored: g hammer"  :evillaugh:

I have a friend who does feral rescue, she is in her seventies now and she is exactly the same  :evillaugh:  She has me in stitches, if I go round and ask for something or ask her if she's got room, she'll tell me to p :censored: off, no she aint and then she'll phone me later on asking what will happen to them and she can take it on such and such a date  ;)  She doesn't care who's there, and if you weren't thick skinned, you could easily take offense, I love her to bits and thinks she's one of the best but if she didn't like you, god help you  :evillaugh:

Well done on the good outcome, and hopefully these animals will be placed in loving homes  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 17:08:54 PM »
yep - I wouldn't like to have been on the wrong side of this one. I felt a bit sorry for her. She said She lost her daughter in a tragic accident, one of her sons works for the US government and her other daughter married a "neuragist or something - you know a brain surgeon" and went to live in the carribean. She moved from London to be near her only relatives and then they moved back to London  :( - She said "never mind, you gotta laugh aint ya"  :(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 17:02:36 PM »
The motto is don't mess with old dears then  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 17:01:55 PM »
Well done Mark, a good outcome  ;D

The lady who reported this sounds like a real character, your post below cracked me up  :evillaugh:

She said "I live in old people's flats where all the old dears live - didn't stop me screaming out the window at her"  :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 16:59:50 PM »
I hope the cat gets a warm loving home real soon Bless xxx

Hopefully the so called owner will O/D and good ridence to bad rubbish I say  >:(

We can only hope  :evillaugh:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 16:46:51 PM »
Well done Mark, a good outcome  ;D

The lady who reported this sounds like a real character, your post below cracked me up  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 16:46:09 PM »

AWWW bless her, lets hope she does - or better still doesnt need to. As long as the animals are safe that's all that matters.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 16:42:48 PM »
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 16:43:04 PM by Mark »

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 16:35:05 PM »
I hope the cat gets a warm loving home real soon Bless xxx

Hopefully the so called owner will O/D and good ridence to bad rubbish I say  >:(

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 15:58:23 PM »
Thats a nice happy ending Mark ahh  :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Neglect/abuse case with a happy ending
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 15:57:08 PM »
Sharon received a call from an old lady who lives in old peoples flats. Her neighbour has a cat that was being chased by the dogs and the brats. The "mother" was on drugs. The poor cat wouldn't go near their house as it was so terrified. The old lady and the other neighbours were feeding him and keeping an eye. THEY HAD REPEATEDLY PHONED THE RSPCA but they didn't come  >:( - In desperation, the old lady went to the dogs trust where they gave her our number. I said to Sharon, I would go and see if I could get the cat (which they were going to sign over) and hopefully not get beaten up in the meantime. I rang the old lady to get more info  and to see if she would come with me  :sneaky: - She said, amazingly the RSPCA had raided and taken the animals - there were also neglected hamsters inside the filthy hovel. The old lady was a real character - just like the nan in Katherine Tate - she was a real old "salt of the earth" granny from Bethnal Green. Anyway, the animals are now safe  :Luv2:
I told her that the problem with "people" like that s they end up getting more - she is going to keep a close eye on them  :Luv2:

Link to CatChat