Author Topic: Kitten wanted in Kent  (Read 2784 times)

Offline kentcatlover

• Kitten
Re: Kitten wanted in Kent
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 10:26:17 AM »
Hehe sorry, Palmerston Road is the road on the other side of it. But yeh its the same one. I'll see how i get on and may get back to you if I can't work it out! Thanks!  :)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 10:22:21 AM »
Maidstone Road Cemetery, no idea where Palmerstone road is, too new to the area. Will help you track down denise if you need her ...

Offline kentcatlover

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 10:20:45 AM »
You mean the cemetery on Palmerston Road? I grew up all around that area (unfortunately i think! lol).

I'll see if I can work out how to contact her, I don't seem to be having much luck finding any so far.

I'm sure the kitten will soon work out how to put the dogs in their place! lol. I find they can be a bit like mothers...all it takes is the right look! lol.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 22:04:11 PM »
Hi Emma and welcome to Purrs = we are practically neighbours cos I too live in Chatham (proper, near the cemetery) so you are practically on my doorstep/ Another option is to contact Denise90 (a Purrs member) who fosters for Animates near Cobham. I have the lovely Esther (my avatar) from her and can highly recommend them.

Good luck with your hunt!! I too have a mixed household and firmly believe if the dogs realise the cat is a bit higher in the 'pack' than they are you won't have too many probs ... :Luv:

Offline kentcatlover

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 17:22:15 PM »
The dogs wont be a problem, like I said they're very friendly and used to cats as we had one before. And I wouldn't be with a man who didn't like cats! lol.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 13:51:44 PM »
Also, two kittens are more fun. It's great to watch them playing together, they'll keep you amused for hours. They seem to thrive better in pairs than alone. If you get two now, you will save yourself a lot of trouble later (introductions, non acceptance etc).

Are you sure your dogs will accept the kittens? Have you thought about what will happen when you start your family; is your partner 100% with you on the kitten front? If you haven't yet found your man, be sure to put your cats first.  :rofl:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 10:24:13 AM »
Well i'll probably just stick to one at a time then, we already have two dogs (who are very friendly and used to cats) so I think two new cats would be too much! lol.

Funny enough TWO are easier than ONE !!
They keep each other company and have each other to play with.
I personally feel kittens should be homed in pairs.

Consider it, Honestly you wont regret it i promise xxxx

Offline kentcatlover

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 21:08:18 PM »
Well i'll probably just stick to one at a time then, we already have two dogs (who are very friendly and used to cats) so I think two new cats would be too much! lol.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 21:03:28 PM »
As far as names are concerned, I used to think the old 'I'll know when I see it.' before I had my children. That's why the eldest didn't have a name for three days then my 6 year old niece said "what about Emma" so I gave up and said "yes".  :Luv: :evillaugh:

But don't ask us for ideas because some of us have had to name dozens and dozens, even hundreds of cats over the years. At least one person on here now resorts to naming cats after vegetables and Roman gods.  :rofl:

Think again about getting a second kitten when the first has grown a bit. The eldest may not accept a new arrival, and then you open the door to problems like inappropriate soiling, fighting etc., ect... much better to get 2 from the start.  ;)

Offline kentcatlover

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 20:52:12 PM »
Hey guys, thanks for all your suggestions so far.

I have contacted the RSPCA cattery in strood, and they have just had some kittens come in today but they are only 4 weeks old (bless!) so will have to wait before I can see them.

I have considered an older cat, but being quite young myself, I really want one that can grow with me, and maybe my family if I decide to start one in the next few years. I may decide to get another one to keep it company when it has grown up a bit.

I will definitely ask to be put on their waiting lists. Like I said I'm willing to wait for the right one because (unlike some other people) I know its a lifetime commitment and I want it to be a great match!

Will definitely put up some pictures as soon as I find her! Only thing I can't think of is a name, I'm hoping its like having a baby and I'll somehow know when I see her what her name is meant to be! lol.

Thanks again. Keep it comin' guys!  :)

Emma

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 19:48:17 PM »
Hi, Emma!  :welcome:

First off, I think you'll have to consider 2 if you want kittens. Most rescues that I can think of only rehome in pairs.  :)

Have you tried Medway CP?  :-:

But it does have to be said that thankfully, after a kitten season that lasted a whole year, very few kittens seem to be homeless at the moment.  :shy: You can always ask to be put on the 'kitten list' of the rescues.  :wow:

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
  • Whiskers now at the bridge & Phoebe currently AWOL
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 16:00:06 PM »
Hello Emma and  :welcome: to Purrs. It's nice to see another person from Medway on here - I think that makes a grand total of 4 of us now.

Have you spoken with the CP at Bredhurst? I visited them just before Christmas (looking for my own cat that is AWOL) and they have about 140 kitties looking for their forever home. Also did you see the piece in the local paper about the RSPCA in Walderslade? - they have lots of kitties looking for homes - see them on the RSPCA Medway website, catchat and katnip forums. This RSPCA branch is nice and the lady who runs the  cattery in Strood is lovely and is very helpful.

Good luck with your search and if you do not find a kitten, think about an older cat - they too are so rewarding. Please let us know what happens and of course don't forget to post pictures of your new babe when they arrive. We all love pictures.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 15:27:26 PM »
have you tried contact all the resuces in your area to see if they have what you are looking for.  Here is a list of all Kent rescues on CatChat : http://www.catchat.org/adoption/kent.html

Good luck in your search
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline kentcatlover

• Kitten
Kitten wanted in Kent
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 13:59:46 PM »
Hi,

I am looking to adopt a kitten or possibly a very young cat. I've been told its not really the right time for it as its not their breeding season but thought I would ask around anyway.

I live in Walderslade, Chatham, Kent so if there are any in Kent/surrounding area available to view, I would love to come and see them! I'm looking for a little girl, preferably a tortoise shell/tabby.

I don't mind if they are not ready yet, I'm willing to wait as I'm really looking for someone that I can give a forever home to.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Emma

Link to CatChat