Author Topic: Ex ferals need homes. Here are their details.  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
Re: Ex ferals need homes. Here are their details.
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 12:18:36 PM »
Being choosey's no bad thing HK, hope you find them homes soon  :hug:
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 12:11:58 PM »
The black and white one is Fred, and yes, he is bigger than the others. I think this is because he's the only adult tom, the other two adults (6mths when I trapped them in Nov) are female. All the older ones have been 'done'!

I've submitted details to Cat Chat; I also contacted my local CP to see if they would 'spread the word' but had a snotty reply about how they would all have to be flv/fiv tested and pts if positive  :oh noo:  so I'll give them a miss!

Angie has put them on the Coventry Cat rescue website for me.

I'm getting so attached to them that I'll be sad to see them go. I can see me being soooo choosy about who has them :Luv2:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 15:00:09 PM »
They are lovely  ;D

I dont know which is which but the black and white oone looks bigger than the others?

Amazing what different lengths their tails are  ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 10:46:01 AM »
Aww, HK. They are gorgeous. (I think Winnie is beautiful, by the way.) Hope you find them homes very soon. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 08:52:56 AM »
any luck with these HP?

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 22:53:14 PM »
I've mentioned them on the CC forum - the rehoming part. I think I only featured Fred, I thought this might be better than overwhelming CC with all seven.

Thanks for your comment about the vid  ;D
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 19:04:20 PM »
what a good video and lovely cats - they are on our website now - you could always email CC and see if they will feature them.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 15:49:38 PM »
Finally got the vid sorted out, here is the link. I had to edited it lots, there was originally 40 mins! I think there are some good bum-shots in there!  :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flg8q7l70UQ

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 15:25:06 PM »
The problem with sexing them is that they are not very co-operative when it comes to having their bums inspected  :rofl: I have video'd them with my webcam to get the pics. On the vid there are some tail-in-the-air shots which someone better at sexing would be able to use. I'm trying to load a short version of the vid onto You Tube, but am having problems. Will let you know when I've managed this so that someone better can take a peek at some bottoms!

Unfortunately, the gingers don't display their wares. I was hoping they would so I could see if their marbles had dropped. I was very surprised when R's vet estimated Alfie's age at 14 weeks, he looks much older. I'll attach a piccie of him, though he's not up for homing. Sorry the pic isn't very good, I haven't fiddled with it in paint shop pro to redress the colour balance.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 13:29:11 PM »
I would guess at newbie being a female, as s/he looks like a tortie tabby, and never seen a male with that colouring.
Please spay your cat

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 13:22:16 PM »
HK I have taken all the details from this thread.
The youngsters should be reasonably easy to sex at three months - hav you had a look recently - it would be better for the website.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 03:08:23 AM »
And the slightly older cats. These have been neutered and are ready to go.

Fred is a large male. Though he looks like a bruiser, he's very timid in nature, but with time and patience would become master of the house.
He's probably best as the only cat in a house with no dogs or children. He may get on with less dominant cats, but Fred would protect them and be the boss.

He's surprisingly playful when tempted; this may be a good way to bond with him.

He has been neutered and is approx 7 months old.

I would prefer if he found a home in the midlands, as this would make homechecking etc so much easier.

Victoria is a beautiful, elegant cat who would grace any home. She is a little stand-offish because of her nervousness, but this would turn to friendliness eventually.
She has been spayed and is approx 7 months.
She likes other cats, but would be best in a home without dogs or children.

Winnie is one of my favourites. Not the most beguiling lookswise, but she has the most wonderful personality. Despite her feral background, she's very affectionate. It may take her a little time to get used to a new home, but she would soon have her paws under the table.
I sense that she would be better in a very quiet house, with a middle aged person, perhaps, and no other pets. Another cat may be okay.
She has been spayed and is approx 7 months.
Again, a local midlands home would be prefered.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
Ex ferals need homes. Here are their details.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 02:49:38 AM »
All of these cats are likely to be flv and fiv negative. One of them, who has his home lined up, has tested negative.

Newbie is a nervous kitten who needs an understanding owner. Preferably no dogs or young children. Would get on with other cats. Aged approx 3mths and too young to neuter/spay (gender uncertain).

Someone in the midlands area would be best, especially someone prepared to visit and bond until Newbie is 'done' and ready to go.

Smudge is of similar age and has similar needs. 'She' is very playful but shy and needs a gentle person willing to allow time for her to come around of her own accord. Likewise, someone in the midlands area prepared to wait till she's 'done' would be best.

The twins would be best homed together. They are most likely male, but too young to neuter. As I don't want them to go till done, I would like someone in the midlands area willing to bond with them while waiting to take them. One of them is particularly defensive, and any potential owner needs to be aware that he will need extra time to become a domestic. Although they look cute, they won't be cute pusscats for some time yet.
They would prefer to be the only cats in a house with no dogs or young children.

Those are the kitties. Here are their pics:

« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 02:51:05 AM by Hippykitty »

Link to CatChat