Author Topic: Spook & Evie - V Special Housecats  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Spook & Evie - V Special Housecats
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 15:58:57 PM »
I doooo hope so  :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 12:27:13 PM »
Aww, fingers crossed for them.
Please spay your cat

Offline emma_vn

• Adult Cat
    • Ruffdogs
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 12:09:04 PM »
This couple are now rehomed - lets hope they have better luck third time round  :Luv2:

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 14:22:08 PM »
Hey Milly's Mum - will def keep you posted.!  ;D

I am very interested in Spook and Evie but also realise I had decided not to replace my beloved Bertie for a couple of months due to various personal changes and work needing done on the house. Then this pair came up and well - indecisive me is in a tizzy! I am away on holiday tomorrow for ten days and I am going to think long and hard about whether just now would be suitable for me and the cats rather than waiting until the spring - as I had promised myself!

So I have asked Emma to keep looking for a home for them and I will have a think on holiday. If I decide yes and in the meantime some other lucky person comes along and takes them then it was not to be! As my old Granny used to say - ' what for you will not go by you' !

So thinking cap on my head on holiday and best wished that Spook and Evie have a forever him soon - whether it be with impulsive me or another family!  :cheer:
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 20:12:04 PM »
Em - have sent you a PM. As mentioned I am away on holiday from Monday but would certainly love to see photos of these pair and discuss things a bit more.

:thanks:

Oooo keep us posted  ;D

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 12:32:32 PM »
Em - have sent you a PM. As mentioned I am away on holiday from Monday but would certainly love to see photos of these pair and discuss things a bit more.

:thanks:

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 12:23:51 PM »
I do hope a home can be found for these two - do you have rescue contacts who may be able to help Emma?
Please spay your cat

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 08:24:03 AM »
No problem Emma, it was just a thought. Some nice photos to for these two may be good and why dont you ask Tan to put on the new flash section...

I have to say the lady did sound a very experienced cat owner and recently lost her cat who was 20yr old, the son is a quiet kiddy, but of course we have to think about these things.....But yes the distance is a issue, although last year i successfully rehomed 15 kittens from your area htat came down by car, to help another CP branch out that had at the time over 200, but its a logistical nightmare to organise.

Best of luck though
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline emma_vn

• Adult Cat
    • Ruffdogs
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 08:20:02 AM »
My only concern in rehoming them as far as Kent would be the child in the house - neither of the cats have ever experienced children and I'd worry about Spook's reaction initially, and its a very long way to come back if things don't work out. I would also be concerned about Spook getting out near that main road, as being deaf he is at a far higher risk of being killed by a car.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 08:16:33 AM »
I have a lady on my books who is looking for a cat for indoors, she lives nr a busy road but has a garden (not sure if its secure or not), a bungalow and young son of 9 i think (i could check). She sounded really nice and i have told her that its just a matter of time before something comes along... She works part time

Not sure if i could get them interested, we are Kent way so a bit of a distance, but i could do homecheck as not far from me... But as for transport abit of a issue and i would have to check if she was interested in two....

Let me know your thoughts
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline emma_vn

• Adult Cat
    • Ruffdogs
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 07:49:38 AM »
Yes I am in Newcastle but I am happy for Spook & Evie to travel for the right home providing..

- a homecheck can be carried out
- transport can be arranged
- they will be brought back to Newcastle if things don't work out

When first in a new and strange situation Spook can be very nervous and even hostile, but it only seems to last a day or 2 before he feels more settled and when he comes round he is a really lovely cat. They are both stunning to look at and have a really close relationship, hence the need for them to stay together. I am sure that as long as introductions are careful and slow, they could live with other cats no problem.

If any interested party would like to email me I can be reached most of the time on emma@ruffdogs.co.uk

Thanks for reading
Em

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 22:35:18 PM »
clever caledonia! I didn't think to look there. Bit far for me to be able to assist ... sorry.

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 22:34:22 PM »
Oh checked your profile and you are in Newcastle. Would really like some more information when you get the chance - I am in Edinburgh.  :thanks:

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 22:27:15 PM »
Yes where are you Emma?  They sound lovely and I would love to know a bit more information  :wow:

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 21:39:24 PM »
where are you Emma?

Offline emma_vn

• Adult Cat
    • Ruffdogs
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 21:34:40 PM »
They were returned by their first home because of job relocation. They are coming back for the second time because their new dad, who is really nice, is being posted out to Afghanistan next week without a choice and the partner he has just split up with either can't or won't look after them. He looked into pet sitters but he'll be away minimum 6 months so I have advised I try and find them a more secure and permanent home, especially since Spook can get unsettled quite easily due to his deafness.

Spook & Evie are coming into the hospital tomorrow which will upset Spook a lot but we have no other choice as I have had no interest at all in them since reposting their information on my sites. I really hope they find somewhere very soon. A great calm foster home would also be an option for them to give them more time. I will take photos tomorrow.

Em

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 09:35:54 AM »
They sound lovely, I hope a fab forever home is theirs very soon  :Luv:

Why did these babes have to come back Emma?

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 09:33:51 AM »
Oh poor babies lets hope they can find there perfect forever home now.

Offline emma_vn

• Adult Cat
    • Ruffdogs
Spook & Evie - V Special Housecats
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 09:11:31 AM »
Spook & Evie are unfortunately being returned to us for rehoming for the second time, due to NO fault of their own, and are seeking a good permanent home to live out the rest of their days together, hoping it's third time lucky for them.

Spook is 2 years old, white and completely deaf. Because of this he needs to be a housecat in a calm environment where he can laze around and not be startled too much. At first he is nervous in new situations but is a very affectionate & lovely boy with lots of personality once he settles in and gets to know his surroundings.

Evie is an 18 month old black girlie, who is Spook"s best friend and constant companion. She has a lot of character and is very sweet natured and playful. She looks after her big brother, letting him know when it"s time for tea.

Spook and Evie must be rehomed together as a bonded pair of housecats. They cannot be rehomed to a household with dogs or young children. They are both neutered, vaccinated & microchipped.

Link to CatChat