Author Topic: Wondering how my babies are  (Read 1849 times)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Re: Wondering how my babies are
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 23:28:31 PM »
lol...  its always nice to hear how they are getting on... especially when you have seen what they came 'from'. 
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 22:18:03 PM »
Glad you heard back from teh breeder DAwn.
That is a lovely post USC, I wish all people were as considerate as you (although I can't complain too much, I have had 3 updates in just over a week, all with pics), and I did think of writing to the rescue, even though she hears from me most weeks, I dont think I ever ring her purely about Molly, so hope she appreciates that. I think the rescue Zi came from are fed up of hearing about her, and she has only been here 2 months!!
Please spay your cat

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 17:55:17 PM »
I have the greatest of respect for people who foster - I don't think I could do it. As my OH points out, I'd just end up keeping them all! :evillaugh: I feel so lucky to have been allowed to take on my two little terrors. I always send an email update about 4 times a year, with lots of pics, to their first special meowmys - it's no more than I would expect if I had fostered a furbabe and had to say goodbye when they went to their forever homes. We also send a donation to PAWSS every year around christmas / new year, in anticipation of all the little ones who will need caring for in the post-festive period.
You are doing a wonderful thing, pinkbear, and on behalf of everyone who has ever taken on a lovely rescue babe (but may be too absentminded to say it themselves) - we owe you very special thanks, it's your kindness and patience, and your selflessness in putting your feelings asdie to let them go, that allows us to share our hearts and homes with furbabes who mean so much and bring us such joy.
As hard as it is, you should feel proud that you have shown these little ones that humans can be kind, and that you have found them homes where they will be doted on and spoiled as they deserve.
Big :hug: :hug: to you - I cannot tell you what a wonderful thing you are doing, and even if their new humans are forgetful, rest assured those little furbabes will not forget that first experience of human love and kindness they found with you.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 16:06:07 PM »
well I take it back I got an email from Tilly's breeder today - it wasn't huge but she said she was glad to hear she was doing well and thanks for the photo so it makes me feel better about her!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 18:27:30 PM »
I do try and respond to people who let me know about my fosters, it is a lot easier for the people who communicate via e-mail though. When I did my ring around earlier in the year, a lot of people were pleasantly surprised to hear from me (and some didn't reply to my message!!). I have let rescues know what has happened to mine (the ones that have come from rescue's) and Molly was clever enough to write the rescue lady a card this weekend (I had to post it though, she struggled with the stamp!!), normally she just gets told things in other conversations and sees the odd pic when I am there with my camera.
Please spay your cat

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 15:58:14 PM »
We tend to have got used to it after a while PB.... you always still get those that you get really attached to (strangely enough some of the hand rears) and they break your heart when they go.

We hear from some people sometimes for the first few months and then nothing or some who keep in touch regular.  I suppose they just don't think to get back in touch once a year or so!?

Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 15:25:39 PM »
I have the opposite problem pb, I always send Christmas updates and never hear anything back!  I know the rescues for three of them probably haven't got time but you would think the breeder who I got Tilly from might send a two second email just to make me think she cares!  I think people will happily send up dates if they think about it

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 16:49:17 PM »
I have Apache and Squaw withdrawl symptoms...... :(

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 23:27:27 PM »
i personally dont find it that hard to let go, but it is always nice to hear how they are doing. I was 'lucky' enough to get the job of sending out our newsletters, so a perfect excuse to drop them a note, and be cheeky enough to say I would love to see pics of them!!
Please spay your cat

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 09:19:40 AM »
No, it never really gets easier, sorry.  People often forget you like to hear how your little charges are doing, they are so excited enjoying them.  Send each new owner a Christmas card, and you'll probably be surprised how many of your little kitties reply with updates. :Luv2:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Wondering how my babies are
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 00:37:07 AM »
So far, around 20 kittens have passed through PB towers.  :Luv: All of them started off scruffy little spit fires and all went out polished, clean and well mannered (mostly!  :evillaugh: ) But I keep wondering how my babies are doing. I haven't heard a word.  :sigh:

Is it always hard to let go, or will it get easier...?  :sad no:

Link to CatChat