Author Topic: URGENT CROSS POSTED FROM CAT CHAT  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: URGENT CROSS POSTED FROM CAT CHAT
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 21:13:04 PM »
Dunno if it's genuine or not, but if anything happens regarding them being brought in to the UK, please tell them I live 20 minutes from Dover and will help with transport.  ;)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 17:31:45 PM »
I'll put a plea out just in case.  Hopefully somewhere can be sorted for them  :wish:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 07:18:41 AM »
Cross posted from CC

I posted on there:-  after I posted If the cats are feral I (that is like the Royal we as it will not be me but one of my fosterers) will be able to take a couple, so have emailed to find out.

I am sure the rescue must know that they need a pet certificate and they are only issued if the cats have an identification microchip, a current vaccination against rabies, a blood test showing the cats have a satisfactory protection against rabies, and shows no clinical signs of rabies. Otherwise the cats would have to go in quarantine

Now posted on by the original poster is:-

I think they are mainly looking here for cat lovers who may live in France, they are willing to travel anywhere in France to rehome the cats. I am sorry I got the wrong end of the stick, so to speak. Hopefully we have some members in France who may be able to help.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 11:25:18 AM »
i am sure they could give the cats the relevant details if they ussed enough imagination!

You know in France the vets can be very funny, I have receive a few phone calls from cat owners asking advice bout cat problems and sometimes I can't believe what some vets will and won't do. I remember one vet would not neuter/spay a stray that had been known to be a stray for a very long time although the person who was feeding the cat was willing to take it on.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 11:14:09 AM »
From that post I dont think anything has been done!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 11:11:59 AM »
... and they don't appear to have considered neutering the entire males -

Who knows they may have been 'done', then again perhaps not.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 11:28:30 AM by Ela »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 11:10:24 AM »
.dont they know you cant just bring cats to england without a cat passport?

I am sure as a rescue they must know that they need a pet  certificate and they  are only issued if the cats have an identification microchip, a current vaccination against rabies, a blood test showing the cats have a satisfactory protection against rabies, and shows no clinical signs of rabies. Otherwise the cats would have to go in  quarantine.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 11:06:25 AM »
... and they don't appear to have considered neutering the entire males - fluffy thinking methinks ...

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 11:00:35 AM »
sorry but that post is just unreal................dont they know you cant just bring cats to england without a cat passport? i do hope they are not thinking of trying to smuggle then here!

apart from all of that we have enough cats needing homes in the uk without adding to the problem, i am sure they could give the cats the relevant details if they ussed enough imagination!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
URGENT CROSS POSTED FROM CAT CHAT
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 09:57:02 AM »
There are over 20 cats and kittens living in the Basse Normandy region who are due to be put to sleep if we cannot find them new homes. We have tried all we can think of to rehome them in France but the laws are very different and you have to be able to prove dates of birth and identities for the cats.
As a last resort we are prepared to drive these cats to England to ensure that they get loving homes.
'We are a group of 5month old kittens and adult tom cats urgently looking for a new home for Christmas in England, we love our food and playing in the garden. We will come delivered to the door and are prepared to learn English!'
Eventually there will be help towards vet fees from the group who are trying to rescue them.

If you could help one or more of these cats please contact amiotn@hotmail.com

Link to CatChat