Author Topic: British Blue needs home - Kent area  (Read 14142 times)

Offline LOONEY

• Adult Cat
Re: British Blue needs home - Kent area
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2007, 18:14:30 PM »

We best come this weekend Jo before you get too attached!! hee hee. You are doing a great job, lets hope she will be the first of many fosters that you help xx  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2007, 17:14:31 PM »
Gail, trust me, if I was having her longer term, I would find it very hard, but short term like this I will just be stern with myself. I am in communication with her prospective forever home and they sound really nice. She will have lots of company there too, so will come out of herself better I feel. I am thinking if you have been tossed from pillar to post and not really been a member of the family that the sort of things my babes take for granted, are potentially threatening, especially in a new environment.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2007, 17:10:30 PM »
BC That is just fabulous news.   ;D ;D

You are very brave fostering. I couldn't do it, i would get too attached. I'm just too soft when it comes to cats. Yes I am well and truly a cat slave.  :Luv2:

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2007, 16:33:16 PM »
Gail, she's only a foster - don't give me ideas!! ;)

It looks as if she may have a new forever home cos the club has found someone who recently lost their elderly BB and are looking for a replacement that is not a kitten, so hoping that works out. They would be able to come and see her next weekend (not the one coming up, but the next one). By then she should be relaxed and looking loved and good to go!! ;D

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2007, 16:30:40 PM »
AWWWwwwwwwwwwww lucky you.

Give her a cuddle from me, if you cant get close enough give her a wave and blow her a kiss.  She has now well and truly landed on her pawz and from now on she will live life as a Princess. xxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2007, 16:11:04 PM »
OK, I will pick one up at the vets when we go tomorrow. Am just going upstairs to have a little visit - will take some food with me and see if she likes it. She currently has a little dry, but suspect she is not used to it as Whiskas cans were all that came with her. OH, that and cat milk - will see if I have another shallow bowl for that ...

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2007, 16:08:27 PM »
I'm pleased Misty has arrived safely. She sounds absolutely beautiful,  :Luv2: BSH are very large cats, it's only when you meet them in the flesh that you realise how large they are. I hope she settles in fine. Bless her, it seems she's been passed from pillar to post and I hope that once she realises that she's got nothing to fear, she'll come out of her shell and be a little less hissy.

BC, have you got a slicker brush or a fine pitched comb (with a handle)? it might be a better thing to use to groom her initially as opposed to a grooming glove as it will give you a little bit of distance between you and her if she decides she's none too keen... Also, BSH have thick double coats and the slicker and comb will get right through to the roots of the fur and give it a lovely fluffy softness.  ;)

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 16:06:19 PM »
she's calm (in a sort of 'if I stay calm it will all go away' sort of a way) but just needs time to get to grips with new space and smells. She is off to the vet tomorrow AM for vaccinations. Very cute though.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2007, 16:04:32 PM »
Lucky you - I love BB's  :Luv2:

Hopefully she will calm down and will be eating out of your hand soon - as long a you are gentle with the brush!  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2007, 15:39:18 PM »
Misty sounds absolutely gorgeous and I think you are right she doesnt really know what a proper home and slave are  :(

I dont think you will get the papers if the other owner kept them, but it really doesnt matter.

I hope that she settles soon and understands there is a better way than she has been used to  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 15:24:08 PM »
Well, Misty has arrived and is upstairs settling into her space. She was hissing so am giving her some time to realise that there are no real threats in the room and she can explore uninterrupted. She is huge and has the most enormous orange eyes - lovely. She also looks as if she needs grooming so will get stuck into her with the dog-glove once she is more at home. Owner, dolled up to the nines in suit and carefully groomed hair, colourtinted etc failed to shed a tear or show any emotion at all - 'i couldn't have her put down and I spent two days looking for someone to take her' was her comment. Her daughter moved out of home so she decided she needed somewhere smaller  >:( I would be very surprised indeed if she is going into supported accommodation as she is at least as fit as me and probably about my age  >:( >:(

She acquired Misty from another friend who decided babies were better than cats, so I guess poor Misty has never had an owner who was a proper slave. Hope here next home is better. She doesn't have the papers as the previous owners retained these, so I have asked her to ask them to post them to me.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2007, 13:31:51 PM »
That sounds wonderful bc , good luck  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2007, 13:28:48 PM »
Well, she's due to arrive in half an hour so am getting quite excited. My lot are all inside at present, but will have to be turfed out (or at least isolated) once they arrive. The room has been set up with a climbing tower, Ikea tent (I am fairly sure smidgen and esther will mind lending it, but she needs somewhere to retreat to. Food and water bowls are in place and I have decided to leave her in her travel box until the litter tray, paperwork etc are sorted to minimise activity in her vicinity once she is out. The room has a view out over the back garden and a wide windowsill for her to get onto and enjoy it. Soooooooo excited!! ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2007, 12:00:47 PM »
Definately agree about the stress. I did mean when settled  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 07:49:50 AM »
Pix will be forthcoming once she is comfy - I won't take any if she is feeling stressed though, sorry folks. Will give an update once she is here and in her safe space. Off to the vet with her tomorrow for shots though, no messing about on that subject!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 01:01:15 AM »
Hope all goes well tomorrow bc and we want pictures  ;D ;D

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 23:31:29 PM »
Hope all goes well tomorrow, BC. Will be thinking of you.  :luck:

BTW, Anne posted this on the Our Cats board which I can't help but share:

"I think Purrs are wonderful - our club is there to help with welfare issues in our area and thank Purrs for their input and support with the British Blue requiring rehoming."

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 22:34:38 PM »
Good luck.
Please spay your cat

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 22:33:03 PM »
I'll call the owner tomorrow arvo on the pretext of re-confirming times and addresses and will check with her then to make sure that she brings any paperwork she has - good thinking 99, I was all in a bit of a tizz with the idea of my very first foster babe!! So much nicer than the two legged variety I feel! ;D

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 22:24:04 PM »
Brill! When she arives, do give her a cuddle from me.  :Luv2:

Can you check though with the current owner whether the cat comes with any paperwork e.g. pedigree certificate and transfer slip. It's not a big deal if there is no paperwork, but it is a proof of identity and ownership and her forever slave might wish to have this if it is available.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 19:12:10 PM »
panic over - they have just emailed me the appropriate form. I will print it out tomorrow. Glad they did as do not have a printer at home so it would have been tricky to do once I was home tomorrow nite - I plan to be working from home Thurs/Fri which is why she is arriving Thurs arvo - it gives me time to pack up the sewing machine and stuff that is cluttering up the room she will occupy until vaccinated and quarantine passed. Seems like she may have a new owner before then, though as they already have an enquiry that may be resolved on the 15th at the show ;D

Am quite excited, though suspect Smidgen and Esther will destroy the carpet in front of the door behind which she will be hidden  :Luv: But that is OK as I plan to replace all carpet in the house shortly before I sell it further down the track (green, mauve and fawn carpet depending on the room is a fairly horrible combination by my standards so will be going iwth something coordinated and neutral, thank you very much, but won't bother while I am here...)

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 18:47:00 PM »
Thanks Gill, will rough one out and print it up tomorrow afternoon at work.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 18:41:51 PM »
Yes I would do this  bc  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 18:19:12 PM »
Um, another question, sorry to be a pest. But it occurred to me that I would need the owner's permission to take the cat to the vet. Should I draft up some sort of release form in which the owner signs over the cat's care to me as a rep of the club and relinquishing all rights to the cat in the future?? I hate referring to her as 'the cat' but as i don't know her name yet, not sure what else to call her!!

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 21:06:05 PM »
I'm afraid I won't be at the show in Gillingham BC as it puts Madam inside the 13-day rule.  :( Hopefully you'll have a chance to come and give her a cuddle at some point in the future though.  ;)

Anne is just a Pearl fan, BC.  ;)

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 20:20:00 PM »
Yes she seemed to think I was an organisation at first, but was quite happy cos I came recommended from you - so not only a Pearl fan methinks!!

The show I am going to is on the 15th at Gillingham - will you and Pearl be there too? Would love to meet her and bow down and worship at her altar!! ;D

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 20:17:57 PM »
I'm soooo relieved it wasn't Anne as she is a fully paid-up member of the Pearl fan club! With luck I'll catch her at the National on Saturday too. Will just need to make sure I'll pat her pockets down when she leaves...  :evillaugh:

Actually, that sounds good if the club is willing to help with the costs of the vaccs. Kudos to them.  :)

Btw, club website is here: http://www.maidstoneandmedwaycatclub.co.uk/

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 20:04:01 PM »
BC, just out of curiosity are you talking about the cat's actual owner?  :-: Or are you talking about Anne, who is the club's welfare officer?

No the owner is the strange old lady, Anne is lovely and has indicated that they club will pay for vaccs if I have them done first. Will have a chance to catch up with her at the show which is apparently on the 15th in Gillingham. Wow, looking forward to that one. Am in regular contact with Anne to let her know what is going on. The club will be pursuing homing opportunities also, so that is all under control.
 ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 20:00:58 PM »
Maybe you could get one of the Cp branches to adopt you as the fosterer of this cat and then they will pay for the vacs and also try and get her rehomed

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 19:53:43 PM »
BC, just out of curiosity are you talking about the cat's actual owner?  :-: Or are you talking about Anne, who is the club's welfare officer?

The cat club is just that - a group of folks interested in cats. I doubt they'd do vaccs I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 20:00:25 PM by Reynard »

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 18:59:49 PM »
Well what a strange arrangement. The dear old lady  >:( was so keen to get rid of the cat that she is delivering it to me herself on Thursday afternoon. So much for poor frail old thing!! Never once during the conversation did she refer to the cat by name and she only asked the most cursory questions about me before she started making arrangements. For all she knows I am a front person for the fur trade. Takes all types I guess, and at least the cat will be well cared for at mine until she finds her forever home. She is also unvaccinated so will have to live in the spare bedroom until that side of things is sorted, but it is comfy and warm and has central heating. The old lady is also bringing litter tray, spare food etc so will be able to change her over onto my lot's diet gradually which should help to reduce the stress of the process.

Witty, will the club pay for her vaccinations or is that something I will need to take care of?

Thanks for putting her in touch, at least the girl will have a home for Christmas. :Luv2:

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 21:35:45 PM »
That's brilliant!  ;D

No probs BC, just glad you could help.  :thanks:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 19:08:15 PM »
Hi Witty, we are in touch and she will call me as and when. Thanks for this - I am quite partial to blues  ;D

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 18:35:01 PM »
Cheers BC!  ;D Will PM you with Anne's contact details.  :thanks:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 18:02:56 PM »
I'd be happy to foster him, but can not take on any additional cats long term ...

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 17:53:37 PM »
*bump*

Anyone?  :poke: :Dont know:

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 21:14:16 PM »
*bump*

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
British Blue needs home - Kent area
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 14:48:12 PM »
The Maidstone & Medway Cat Club has approached one of the posters on the Our Cats board regarding rehoming a British Blue. The cat's owner will be moving to a flat and is unable to take the cat. The cat in question is a six year old spayed female.

I have the email details of the lady on the Our Cats board - please PM me for this. Anne (who posted this) is away until Sunday but I have let her know that I'd be bouncing this off you folks.

Unlike the elderly boy, this one isn't so urgent thank goodness.

Link to CatChat