Author Topic: Maybe not so agoraphobic.....Peanut ventured out today!  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
Re: Maybe not so agoraphobic.....Peanut ventured out today!
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 18:16:16 PM »
bless her!

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
Re: I think I have agoraphobic puds!
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 11:20:58 AM »
SHE'S OUT!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 11:19:35 AM »
I left the patio door slightly open earlier... Peanut is now sat half in/half out!

This is sooooo exciting!  :rofl:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 10:46:16 AM »
Poot doesn't show any interest in the front door at all, whereas Max would always make a beeline for it to chomp on the grass in the front garden  :Luv:

I guess some cats like their home comforts more than others??  As for the litter tray, you may be stuck with that I'm afraid  :evillaugh:

***** am also one who remembers R-Whites advert  :rofl: *****

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 23:15:59 PM »
Ella and Effie come in from outside and go straight to the litter trays! :innocent:

Tosker is the only one of my three who can climb out of the so-called catproofed enclosure

but having climbed out and wandered off round the garden and neighbouring fields, he climbs back in and comes indoors to use his tray - then quite often climbs back out again

the other two, who cannot climb out, use the earth pit out in the patio  :Crazy: :Crazy:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 23:13:34 PM »
Are you a secret lemonade drinker?? *sings* "R Whites.....R Whites......"  :evillaugh:

LOL!  :rofl: - of course, only peeps of a 'certain' age would remember that - I'm not one of them though..... ;)  :evillaugh:

Neither...ahem....am I.....*coughs*.....Gillian  :shify: :evillaugh:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 23:11:46 PM »
Are you a secret lemonade drinker?? *sings* "R Whites.....R Whites......"  :evillaugh:

LOL!  :rofl: - of course, only peeps of a 'certain' age would remember that - I'm not one of them though..... ;)  :evillaugh:

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 22:52:36 PM »

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 22:49:39 PM »
I lock the cat flap every night, they're never allowed out overnight. Actually, that's a small fib, there is the odd occasion I go for a few lemoades and they don't get locked in until I drag my sorry bum home but if I remember before I go out they locked in. Black cats and roads at night, however quiet, are a risk I'm not willing to take :shy:

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 22:35:22 PM »
Think I was spoiled with Possum, cuz she never used a tray, always went outside to do her business  :)

Tell a lie, there was a time we had to lock the cat flap at night cuz Silent Bob kept sneaking in to pinch her food  :evillaugh:

Offline BazandGem

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Bazza (missing since March 2010), Rossi and Joey
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 22:03:44 PM »
Ella and Effie come in from outside and go straight to the litter trays! :innocent:
So does Rossi - he can be outside all day and then 2 minutes after coming in for the evening decides he'd like to go to the toilet inside, thank you very much.

He does enjoy using freshly scattered compost as an outdoor toilet, but anything with a hint of weeds or fallen leaves (not that I don't keep the garden immaculately tidy at all times of course  :rofl:) and that's it, he's back to his indoor comforts!

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 21:22:32 PM »
Dave has been outside before he spent a year indoors and then we moved here. Now, he's not the bravest of souls so I knew he would need the gently gently approach.

He spent one week hiding under the kitchen units when the front door was open, second week he started putting tentative paws over the threshold but one strange noise and he was off back under the units. About a month later he was using the cat flap but even now he comes flying in with a stricken look on his face if there's too loud a car outside :evillaugh: I quite like it, I know he never goes far.

They mostly go outside now, their choice but I keep a litter tray as I know if they're using it then I should do full inspections as they are likely a bit off colour to be going indoors. I keep them in overnight so if unwell they can't hold it like they usually would and cave and use the tray.

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 20:42:06 PM »

so does lucifer- dig in the mud??? in this fur?!
sparecat has a bit of the garden, under the budleia that i keep broken up and clean for her and she much prefers it to the litter trays

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 20:03:29 PM »

Oh.....  :tired:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 20:00:00 PM »

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 19:56:35 PM »
Okey doke....I'll be patient  :evillaugh:

I've not kept on forcing them, they haven't stepped one paw outside as yet. I'll try leaving the door open then (for as long as I can without freezing me bits off)

Ta Gillian  ;)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 19:45:19 PM »

I decided to try putting him outside, so I scooped him into my arms, went to open the patio door and before I could say "agoraphobe" he had scrambled his way out of my clutches and proceeded to make a bee-line for the safety of our bed  :scared:

Think that might be where you went wrong!  ;) don't forget cats like to do things in their own sweet time  :evillaugh: so maybe that was a step too far to be scooped up and introduced to the big wide world quite like that LOL!

Similarly, viewing the big wide world through a little hole in the door could be a bit daunting too. I know its soon not going to be quite the right weather to be having the patio doors open, but what I'd do is just have the doors open a touch - and let them do their own exploring if they've a mind to, I'm sure curiosity will soon get the better of them.  :)

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
Maybe not so agoraphobic.....Peanut ventured out today!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 17:19:45 PM »
I unlocked the cat flap for the first time since Possum passed to the bridge. I pushed the flap through and held it there for a few minutes, and waited to see the reactions of Cooper & Peanut.

First, Cooper wandered over and thought "oh yeah....what's this then meowmy?? Why is there a hole in the door?!" He stuck his head through, had a little sniff and then panick filled him and so did a 180, spun round and sprinted up the stairs.

Next, it was Peanut's turn... She didn't even get as far as sticking her head through, she just thought she might get sucked through into an alternate universe and so quickly turned around and joined Cooper upstairs  :evillaugh:

Curiosity obviously got the better of Coops and he snook back down. I decided to try putting him outside, so I scooped him into my arms, went to open the patio door and before I could say "agoraphobe" he had scrambled his way out of my clutches and proceeded to make a bee-line for the safety of our bed  :scared:

I shall keep trying - desperate to get rid of the litter tray - bloomin' stinks!!!  :evillaugh: :sick:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 11:34:21 AM by KookyPoss (Hayley) »

Link to CatChat