Author Topic: Blip the nurse cat  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Blip the nurse cat
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 17:35:11 PM »
Well done, Blip!  ;D

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today, Christine.  I hope you're on the mend soon too, bc  :hug:

The boys are about as much use as a c.hocolate fireguard when it comes to looking after me  :(

My boys are like that.  Jaffa does like it if I'm in bed because then he can cuddle up to me, but I think that's more for his benefit than mine  :tired:  Mosi just thinks it's great that I'm home more and can therefore play more with him!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 16:38:13 PM »
Glad you're feeling better Christine.  Do you think Blip would come and look after me?  I'm feeling very poorly with a dangerous strain of man flu (yes, women can catch it too).  The boys are about as much use as a c.hocolate fireguard when it comes to looking after me  :(

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 14:26:09 PM »
Great Christine, it must have been the nursing power of Blip that got you better so quickly!!  Well done Blip!!

Blackcat, I hope you will feel better soon, too!!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 13:19:10 PM »
no, I appear to be on the downhill slope I am afraid. Will be coddling my self today (in between housework :P). SMidgen seems much keener on being cuddly at least, He has discovered laps :Luv:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 11:33:14 AM »
 :thanks: everyone for your good wishes.  I feel much better today, just a bit tired.  It is odd, I was really fed up yesterday as well, which is very unlike me, but Blip certainly cheered me up  ;)

Hope you feel better today too, BlackCat
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 23:02:52 PM »
Kocka always used to nurse me when I was ill and she would come and check on me if I was in bed, she was so kind and loving just like your Blip ;D

Hope you feel better soon  :hug:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 20:54:53 PM »
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. :hug: Blip definatly knows that you are not well and is trying to look after you. :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 18:18:37 PM »
There are so many horrid lurgies doing the rounds at the moment, hope you get over yours quickly .... forgot to say that on my last post  :innocent:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 17:50:39 PM »
Hope you feel better soon Christine and I'm sure  nurse Blip will be on hand should you need her  :grouphug:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 17:40:39 PM »
Aw bless, Max is a good boy and looks after me when I'm poorly  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 17:07:29 PM »
Aawww!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 15:24:31 PM »
Lexy stays away from me when I am ill or sad.  But my little bridge angel Cinder used to come cuddle me whenever I was poorly. Or having a fit of teenage angst. I remember once bawling on my bed over some boy travesty or another and Cinder came over, lay on my pillow and put her paw on my tears.  :)

Its so sweet Blip wants to make you feel better Christine. How gorgeous is she!  :Luv:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 15:20:24 PM »
it must be going around. But sadly my cats are only interested in the new mouse I brought back from the shops. There was supposed to be one each, but Shadow very carefully collected one of them and has taken it upstairs and buried it in his bed. I feel rotten. Not sick, just knackered and a bit woozy. Like I said, must be going round. hope you're feeling better soon hon. Suspect your careful nursing will make all the difference...

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Blip the nurse cat
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 15:12:59 PM »
I am lucky in that I rarely feel poorly, but I have been feeling tired for a couple of days now and this morning, after shopping, I felt so rough I had to go and lie down.

A few moments after I had lain down, Blip appeared at the door making anxious miaows.  My first thought was that something was bothering her, so I made to get up to go and see what it was.

Instead, Blip jumped onto the bed and onto my tummy, which she proceeded to pummel for a bit.  She then settled down on my front and we both had a quiet doze for half an hour.

I then decided to have some food, so I got up and sat at the table.  I put my head in my hands and Blip came running over and jumped up next to my plate.  She never does that while we are eating!  If I had not already been sure that she was trying to help me, I would have been convinced by that.

I am sure others have similar stories to tell.

As for me, I suspect I have only got a cold on the way so am just being a wimp really  :-[
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Link to CatChat