Author Topic: animal action day in nuneaton...  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: animal action day in nuneaton...
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 20:21:35 PM »
So sad that even when offered help its turned down.

So pleased that the lady got help.

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 18:11:19 PM »
I know how Angie feels, I helped taking details of people who wanted discounted neutering for their cats. We had 29 requests for help, and I was astonished how many of these were young females who were on their 2nd or 3rd litters. Trying to get through to people as to why they need to keep their cat in until they can be spayed next week was hard work.

However, there were some genuine people there. One disabled lady had taken on 2 entire young males a few months ago from someone who didnt want them. She has kept them in until she had saved up enough to get them done as she didnt want to be responsible for any babies.  She didnt know she qualified for discounted neutering so was trying to do it herself. Her boys have been spraying big time, but she was determined to get them done before letting them out. She came back later with her son to help her get them chipped, and was so grateful for the offer of neutering vouchers, I suspect she would have taken them there and then if she could! She obviously adores her boys, and seemed genuinely grateful.

Have to take more cake with it Angie ;) Its so difficult sometimes to be nice and smiley with people when they seem ignorant to the harm they are doing.

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 17:44:26 PM »
 :sick: people like this make me sik. Really everyone should have to sign something for the next 20 years before getting a pet that says it must be neutered and if not you pay a fine and do animal rescue work.  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: >:(

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
animal action day in nuneaton...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 17:40:29 PM »
http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/News/Neutering-message-not-getting-through-12082011.htm

Most irritating part was the 4 staffy puppies tha came in for chipping - see bumtree has some for sale in nuneaton that have been chipped..... >:( They had lovely HUGE wormy belllies on them...

Link to CatChat