Author Topic: Replacement LCD screen for microchip scanner? - I dropped it.  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Replacement LCD screen for microchip scanner? - I dropped it.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 19:31:48 PM »
I normally keep the scanner in its padded box in the buffet in the dining room so it is safe. I had workmen in last weekend so had to move everything. I put it somewhere "safe" - in a cupboard in the kitchen - I took a box of catfood out this morning and the box fell out - sods law, the scanner came out of the box and landed top end on the floor - the LCD screen has gone funny and you can only read 1/2 the number. I am sure that as you can see part of the number, If I can get a replacement screen, it will work. I know they do them for phones and cameras but you need the right size. I have emailed the manufacturer in America - Destron Technologies and hopefully they can supply a screen. Otherwise, Sharon said one of our other scanners has gone kaput and I may be able to swap the screens (with the help of my ex-BBC sound engineer neighbour, Jon  :shify:)

Any other ideas?

Ironically, I was googling to see about replacement and there is another brand you can buy a protective case for if you have "butter fingers" (Their words)

Help! - not desperate but I am the nominated scanner for Whitstable area although there are a few in other areas.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 19:45:19 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat