Author Topic: Opps!!!!!!  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Opps!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 21:01:47 PM »
Look on the bright side neuterring a boy is cheaper  :rofl: :rofl:

He is very handsome  ;D

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 18:45:45 PM »
Did I say it was you Angie? :innocent:

Now what was it you said on the phone earlier.... Ummm, oh yes

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 18:22:47 PM »
Have decided to play him the Monty Python ditty "I`m a lumber jack" later to gauge his reaction. One or both of us may need counselling afterwards. :rofl:

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 18:19:02 PM »
Did I say it was you Angie? :innocent:

I am worried that Clare/Bob may suffer a crisis of identity as he has been wearing a very fetching pink collar for the past month. Need to change it to something much more macho asap ;)

You might not want to cat-nap him since he appears to be the little tinker who has been weeing on the dogs` beds, poor things.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 18:15:06 PM »
 :rofl: Think perhaps I am not the only one who needs specsavers Angie  :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 18:00:53 PM »
Been there done that with Lucas  :evillaugh: Bob is indeed very pretty girl boy cat :Luv2:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 17:52:02 PM »
considering Clare has been to the vets many times and had ample opportunity to be viewed, I think to suggest it was ME that sexed them is unfair and mean.  >:(
Maybe along with the change of clothes Clare also decided to have a change in sex..... and anyway Clare can be a boys name. :(

Still part of the role description of co-ordinator seems to be the person to whom blame gets co-ordinated upon!  :'(

As usual, if anyone is unhappy with a coventry cat group cat, we reserve the right to break down you doors and catnap..... and don't forget WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
Opps!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 17:44:34 PM »
Some of you may remember me posting in the summer about "Clare", a little foster kitten here who had a skin complaint when all her hair over her head and spine fell out. She and her 2 brothers travelled all the way from Ireland, and were very sick when they arrived. Clare and Kerry pulled through, and became very friendly little people.

"Clare" developed the most sticky of feet so she just had to stay. All fur has come back over time, its now silky black with a silvery undercoat. "Clare" is a very affectionate, laid back and throughly loved kittie.

Now the time had come for her to visit the vet for the op.  I booked both her and my rescued dog in for spaying on the same day to save time, along with another foster of Angie`s who is still on the shy, ferel side.

In I trot this am, mad dog and 2 cat boxes in hand to a packed waiting room.

Dog booked in fine, no probs, just sign on the dotted line.

Ferel not ready to be neutered as still not fully developed  :-[  so returned to the car to wait.

Lastly "Clare". Much musing and muttering from the vet, who is lovely but in semi-retirement and working a few mornings a week to keep his hand in. "So you`re sure this is Clare?" he asked. "Yes", I said. "Funny name for a boy, I just wondered" :wow:

So, "Clare" is now called "Bob", and what a numpty I felt.

I seem to recall I didnt do the sexing at the time, and left it to people who remain nameless. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! :rofl: :rofl:

Here he is in all his glory. Just too pretty to be a boy! He`s currently taking his frustrations out on the buster collar I need to put on the dog (who by the way is much more subdued!)

Link to CatChat