Author Topic: Our new darlings! Now with added pics!  (Read 4728 times)

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Our new darlings! Now with added pics!
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2010, 16:04:49 PM »
Awww...

I do quite like Bits & Bobs  :evillaugh: Sounds cute as a combo but not so good individually. I do like Drum and Bass though - proper statement names!  ;)

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2010, 16:01:14 PM »
Were they already called Drum & Bass or did you rename them? Cool names... ;)

They were called Bits and Bobs when we got them. As I said at the top of the thread, fine for kittens but these are lovely, elegant cats and the names didn't really suit them any more. We wanted something music related, and had a shortlist of about five but Drum and Bass just stuck. It suits them - Drum is nearly alway active (despite the photos on here!), and Bass is, well, deep and dark!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2010, 22:19:10 PM »
They are lovely  :Luv:

I find I take more photos of Cooper than I do of Peanut. She just won't sit still long enough! Plus, I don't actually own a camera, I have to use my mobile phone, so the quality is a bit crap! I'll find her in a really cute position and then just as I reach for the capture button, she moves and all I get is a big old blurry mess :evillaugh:

Were they already called Drum & Bass or did you rename them? Cool names... ;) 

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2010, 11:54:41 AM »
Awww now I "know" them I just reread Drum and Bass' story. so sad. So glad you have them!

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2010, 21:17:41 PM »
Just beautiful.

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2010, 20:51:18 PM »
Well done for adopting these cats - they are gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2010, 20:26:36 PM »
Isn't drum a gorgeous colour! What a beauty!

Bass is gorgeous but I love Black cats anyway, so I was going to say that no matter what!  :Luv2: It is so hard to get nice pics of them tho. Mark my words you will end up with loads of gorgeous pics of Drum and a few semi passable ones of Bass!  :rofl:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 20:29:51 PM by Ella & Effie »

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
Re: Our new darlings!
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2010, 19:41:32 PM »
Oh Helen, if only I could have captured her leaping 12 inches in the air like a demented idiot last night! I must keep the camera on standby at all times.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2010, 19:35:33 PM »
Beautiful girls and worth the wait  :Luv: You've captured the hairband tapping really well there! :Luv2:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
Re: Our new darlings! - now with added photos!
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2010, 19:28:24 PM »
Okay, here are a few more pictures: Drum looking lush, Drum with that mesmorising hairband, and a rare moment with our Goth girl Bass.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 19:31:39 PM by jezebel »

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2010, 18:35:01 PM »
ha ha I swear our cats are related!! I save pounds on toys. Never look at them! They currently love a cap from a pepsi bottle and a barbie belt they "accquired somewhere". I look at cat toys and think shall I buy but nope they  are a waste!

Love the goth comment made me lol!

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2010, 13:24:31 PM »
I'm trying! I took some the other night but they didn't come out very well. Will try again over the weekend.  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2010, 12:53:15 PM »
Sounds like they're coming along a treat, difficult to visualise though :see: Perhaps a new piccie or two might help  :naughty:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2010, 12:22:56 PM »
What beautiful girls  :Luv2: it sound like you are going to have lots of fun times with them.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 11:45:28 AM »
Coming along beautifully!

Drum is, as I suspected, a bit mad. Last night she entertained us for 20 minutes playing with a hairband that she swiped off the table. It's hard to believe she's 10 when you're watching her leap in the air like a demented dervish!  :Crazy: At least I now know not to bother buying any more cat toys - she runs away from most of them anyway.

Bass is slowly coming round. We've realised that being almost completely black and hiding from the light a lot just means she's a Goth, not that she's scared of us, so that's made us feel better.  :) She came out a lot more yesterday evening, but that might have been the full moon.

(Love those new pics of Ella and Effie btw!)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 13:27:44 PM by jezebel »

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 09:04:29 AM »
How are they doing now?

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 19:02:03 PM »
it is funny as they sound just like Ella and Effie personality wise. Drum is like Effie kicking down the door.

Ella and Effie are the same, not sure if it is a female thing and Effie can sometimes be a bit hissy - saying that they "hate" one another but always seem to wonder what the other is up to.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 09:12:07 AM »
Drum is firmly at home, yes, the little :censored: woke us up at 2.30am trying to dig her way into the bedroom!

She's very much a people cat and has to be with us most of the time. On the plus side, she doesn't appear to have been too bothered about all the upheaval. I'm sure if we'd let her out of the spare room on the first night we got her, she would have been just as confident.

Bass is still very shy and has been hiding most of the time. She comes out to eat and to use the tray when we're not around (or she thinks we're not looking!), and will have a bit of a fuss if we insist but, unlike her sister, she doesn't seem to want company. However she came out last night without any encouragement and I even managed to get some nice photos of her (will post later if I can find the USB lead for my camera).

They don't seem to be particularly close though, I've never seen them even sit near each other. Shame, because I really like watching cats interact.

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 22:26:04 PM »
How they doing today. Are they firmly at home now! :evillaugh:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 09:42:58 AM »
Thanks!   :P

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 21:31:50 PM »
From one bonkers cat owner I wish you luck! There is never a dull moment ha ha!!

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 10:42:38 AM »
It's official: Drum is bonkers! She does this weird face twitching thing when she's sitting otherwise quietly, which was a bit alarming at first. It's difficult to describe but it's kind of like she's flinching.

She's less chilled than Bass and hates to be separated from us - if we go outside and she can see us through the glass, she tries her hardest to get the door open. Once we're back inside, she shows no interest in going out.

However, she just had a stand off (or should that be scream off?) through the glass door with one of the neighbourhood cats who comes into the garden. If she could have got out, I'm sure she would have attacked him!

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 16:53:21 PM »
Bless them!! :rofl:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 10:52:36 AM »
Lid back on litter tray last night, and craftily wedged tray into a corner - everything still in order this morning: result!

Although I swear I heard Drum trying her hardest to destroy it again during the night. :innocent:)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 15:39:34 PM »
Just to say the Clan kids can flip a covered litter tray and all its contents  :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 09:10:06 AM »
Will post a linky to Emma unless you've done it already.

That would be great JS, thanks.

One or both of the little :censored: destroyed their litter tray again last night! This morning it was lying on its side with its contents all over the carpet. It's a big tray - it's actually an igloo but I've left the lid off so far because I didn't know what sort of tray they were used to and thought that learning how to use a completely new kind of toilet might be a bit too much on top of new home, new people and all the upheaval of the past few weeks. Still, they've settled down so quickly that I think they could probably deal with it now.  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 11:32:23 AM by jezebel »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 00:05:23 AM »
Thanks for the pictures, Sarah. Will post a linky to Emma unless you've done it already. ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 00:05:38 AM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 21:47:13 PM »
Poor girls, it must have been so frightening for them when their previous owner died  :( Sounds like they've definitely landed on their paws with their new Mum & Dad though  :)

They're having their first foray into the rest of the house tonight after being confined to the spare room for the past two days. Instantly, they grew very long necks trying to look at everything!

:evillaugh: I can completely envisage that!

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 21:31:31 PM »
So glad they found you! Sad to hear their story but great you haev taken them on. They are lucky ladies!

I trust you won't disappear and will keep us upto date with your adventures :Luv2:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 20:14:43 PM »
They're having their first foray into the rest of the house tonight after being confined to the spare room for the past two days. Instantly, they grew very long necks trying to look at everything!

Drum quickly found the bed and made herself at home on the duvet, and even spat at Bass when she tried to join her. No hard feelings though, they're both purring and enjoying themselves.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 20:02:53 PM »
 ;D that's lovely news! I'm so pleased that you've rescued these 2 it must have been sad for them and they are both just gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv:

It's great when you adopt 2 together I think, when we first starting adopting oldies we adopted Smokey and Timmy and I just loved them to bits and they were so excited when they first came they were running round in the night like giddy kid at 13 and 14 yrs  :evillaugh:

Looking forward to hearing lots about Drum and Bass  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 09:36:25 AM »
Aw congratulations  :Luv: they sound like they're both settling wonderfully  :hug: ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 09:17:16 AM »
Thanks all!

They're ten-year old sisters and they came from Furry Friends in Coulsdon. Sadly their owner passed away several weeks ago, since when they've been on their own with a neighbour popping in to feed them. They were briefly rehomed in a household with small kids but found it too traumatic, and were due to be PTS this week if they hadn't been rescued - so a big thank you to Emma at Furry Friends for saving their lives, and an equally big thanks to JackSpratt on here for putting us all in touch with each other. :Luv:

The girls are both very affectionate and sweet, and love bumping heads and rubbing against us. Drum is a bit more dominant and very nosey! Unfortunately, she has an occasional tendancy to spit and raise her paw without warning! Bass is a sweet thing, she was a bit shy at first and spent the first night hiding (she also held things up when we went to collect them by hiding inside - yes, inside! - an armchair). But she comes out straight away now and is even happy to sit on a lap.

Bass is possibly the blackest cat I've ever seen - light just disappears around her! Although you can't see it from this photo (I will post better ones soon), Drum is beautifully marked and could be part Bengal.

Obviously it's still very early days but they seem to be settling in well - both are eating and using the litter tray (one of them tried to destroy it last night!) and love being fussed.

Ella and Effie: I think you must have been imagining it, these are the first pics I've posted!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:52:20 AM by jezebel »

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 21:37:17 PM »
 :wow: Gorrrrgeous  :Luv:

Love their new names  ;D

What are their personalities like?

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 21:27:59 PM »
awww I am so glad you finally found the right cats for you. i know you thought about this long and hard. Were there pics of them before of am i imagining that!

They are gorgeous!! So when was the moment you said these are the ones for me!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 21:13:25 PM »
They're beautiful  :Luv2: :1st place:

How old are they and where did they come from?

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 20:56:11 PM »
Congratulations on your new Fur Babies - they are gorgeous  :Luv2:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
Our new darlings! Now with added pics!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 19:36:57 PM »
Formerly Bits and Bobs (nice names for kittens, not so suitable for elegant, funky cats), here are Drum and Bass (Drum is the tabby, Bass the black):
They've been here less than 24 hours but are settling in well. Very different characters, both charming!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 19:41:56 PM by jezebel »

Link to CatChat