Author Topic: "Scragbag" - mystery solved!  (Read 1546 times)

Offline JennyLynn

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Puddles (we miss you x) and Cookie
Re: "Scragbag" - mystery solved!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 16:59:33 PM »
RIP Rosie

I dont think you should have felt bad at all, it sounds like you did as much as you could for little scrag bag, besides if your baby was not well at the time it was only natural that Possum would take up your time and money. We all do what we can with the resources we have. I kinda worry about feeding other peoples cats because i know how soul destroying it is when they stop coming home to me. You did the right thing.  :briggin:

xxxx
St Gertrude, keep my cat all night
From trap or poison, thorn or bite,
From speeding cars and thieving men,
And bring him safely home again.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 19:28:21 PM »
So sorry to hear about Scragbag but glad to hear that she had a loving home.

RIP sweet Rosie xx

« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 19:29:09 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 17:06:57 PM »
After some asking around, I have discovered that "Scragbag" was in fact called Rosie! She was 17yrs old and had health problems. She passed on a few weeks ago, of natural causes.

Turns out she did have a loving family, which makes me feel so much happier about the situation.

RIP Rosie  :(

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
Re: "Scragbag" - where for art thou??
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 15:40:40 PM »
It was hard to tell  :-:

She looked old because she was grubby and very thin. I actually gave her a gentle wash in the bath, and it made her look a bit better.
I tried to check her teeth but she wouldn't let me open her mouth.

I know there's probably people who have or will read this and think "why didn't I do more to find her owners or take her to the vet" etc etc..  :(  The thing is, we were struggling for money as it was with Possum's vet bills during her illness (I don't work as at Uni - so money is tight). We really couldn't afford to take on more financial pressure.

I can't begin to tell you how bad I feel now   :'(
Just wish I knew what happened to her! She spent so much time hovering outside the door, or on the road in front of my house (not a main road - residence only) that it just seems odd that she should just stop coming round  :(

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: "Scragbag" - where for art thou??
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 14:42:53 PM »
 :Luv: Awww bless her, do you think she was old?  hopefully she has a home and was just visiting.
She reminds me of my Byron  :(

If she returns it may be a good idea to try and find out if she belongs to anyone  :hug:

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 14:43:42 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
"Scragbag" - mystery solved!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 11:45:22 AM »
This is Scragbag (SB)! Well, that's the silly name we gave an unknown puddy tat that used to visit us numerous times through the day, every day!

A very skinny calico cat. Appeared to be very unloved, not sure where she lived (if she had a home at all!). We used to feed her outside. Couldn't allow her in that often cuz Possum (RIP) absolutely hated her! SB would sit and meow at the catflap, although she never once attempted to push her way through it!  :doh:  When Poss spotted her she would batter the hell out of the flap, hissing and growling  >:(

We were seriously thinking of adopting SB but because Poss became poorly, she needed our undevided attention. We had to put her first.

Anyhoo, we haven't had any visits for about 2/3 weeks - in fact we haven't seen her anywhere! It seems odd that she's disappeared espec' since Poss passed away. We think she may have died too... :'( :(
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 17:03:33 PM by KookyPoss »

Link to CatChat