Author Topic: What is the loopiest thing your cat does/did?  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Miles

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Yitzach and Walter
Re: What is the loopiest thing your cat does/did?
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 14:30:20 PM »
My kitten Waler can't see  :censored: going by as he want's a go! I love his obsession with the t.v, everytime it's switched on or off he's straight over at it, his paws up on the screen. Not a 'trick' so to speak but amusing none the less! Great tales of kitty fun by the way.
Mum to two gorgeous cat's, Yitzach and Walter.

Offline dangermouse77

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Leo
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 08:32:44 AM »
Ahhhhhhhhhh loving Rosie.... Iwish Leo took to his harness... I've been trying since I got him at 13 wks... never had any of it! x

Offline McHaggis

• Adult Cat
  • Haggis & Rosie
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 22:28:53 PM »
Rosie does this........................... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A cat makes all the difference between coming home to an empty house and coming home :) :) :)

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

Offline JennyLynn

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Puddles (we miss you x) and Cookie
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 17:05:47 PM »
Puddles used to sit on the toilet seat.....that was very scary! especially the first time she did it - i went into the bathroom to run a bath and saw something black out of the corner of my eye - sitting on the loo staring up at me there she was! reminded me of mr tinkles in meet the parents!

Cookie puts all her balls in the bath and runs round and round with them all sliding all over the place - its very cute but not at 5am when you are trying to sleep!

Lily plays with the bath plug. No idea why?!

Why are all my cats bathroom obsessed?!!!!

My mums cat Millie charges at magazines if you stand them up on the floor for her - she is so funny! wriggles her bottom like kittens do and pounces on the thing! she is nearly nine and still very playful.

xxxx
St Gertrude, keep my cat all night
From trap or poison, thorn or bite,
From speeding cars and thieving men,
And bring him safely home again.

Offline dangermouse77

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Leo
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 22:36:22 PM »
Leo will always fight for my attention whilst I'm eating my breakfast/ dinner! I wouldn't mind but i sit while he eats his as soon as i get home/up!! If i choose to carry on eating he will look for some kind of trouble to get into or noise to make! He will either jump on my chest of drawers or bathroom shelf & purposely knock something onto the floor.. jump up at a door somewhere & lean on it so it bangs against a wall.. or if that does not work I'm sure he gets into his litter tray & squeezes out a no1 or no2 because he knows I will clean it up straight away.....he isn't silly !! I am a propper slave to him.. !

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 22:11:27 PM »
Baby gorgeous - or Baby Beijing spent 5 days up a tree is blizzard and sub zero temps last Christmas we found her after walking the dogs in an area they aren't allowed to go

OH goes and gets ladder to get her down thinking she was gone - she moved he let go of the ladder  - caught Beijing and OH fell 8 foot in to a frozen gully

Still baby gorgeous was ok OH had briuses for weeks :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline angeleyes

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 21:35:48 PM »
My little one Lila is a complete nutter! She does laps around the house from the kitchen through the dining room and living room then upstairs in all the rooms the she comes flying back down the stairs at 100mph and flies onto the back of the sofa usually only stopping when she flies straight into your head  :Crazy: Not what you want at 11pm at night lol
She also swipes the electric toothbrush every morning she sits on the side of the sink while i am cleaning my teeth and sits there trying to swipe the toothbrush, so so funny.
Another crazy thing she does is love the washing basket, if we put it upside down on the floor she gets underneath it and runs around with it on her head  :rofl:
www.animalrescueandcare.org.uk

Owned by 7 rabbits and a 2 cats

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 06:45:24 AM »
 :evillaugh: It does look like a chicken!

Our Penny used to do the dive on the bed from the wardrobe thing and she used to sit under the table on a wooden chair sliding in circles chasing her tail you couldn't see her unless you looked under the tablecloth!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 22:24:21 PM »
In our house of all the puds past and present Jumpy wins the weird prize.  :tired: When he was younger, he used to mate with my leg just like some dogs do.  :-[ He would wake me up in the middle of the night rubbing up and down against my calf.  :doh: He was also a terrible thief and would go in other people's houses to steal their cats toys.  :shify:

Henry also came close because every Christmas he would 'sing' to the turkey as it was roasting in the oven. As soon as the smell started to waft around the house, Henry would sit vigil in front of the oven howling out a melody.  :evillaugh: Every year since he passed away, each Christmas we look out to the garden to see if the ghost of Henry is coming to serenade the turkey.  :innocent:

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 14:26:44 PM »
Ai chan has this weird sitting pose, she looks like a packed chicken in  super Market.
I do have a photo of her doing this weird thing. I will have to look for it

Edit: Just found one of her chicken pics, i have a few. this will do.

That picture is BRILLIANT!!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 18:51:51 PM »
Ai chan has this weird sitting pose, she looks like a packed chicken in  super Market.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Love it!

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 14:35:49 PM »

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 15:20:03 PM by Shiroi-Neko »

Offline Veggie_purr

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 23:49:53 PM »
my moo moo was the shyest cat in the whole wide world at the sanctuary.
shes a  :censored: looper now!!
she wakes me up in the middle of the night doing what i can only call as her exercises. She has a track around her bedroom onto the landing and into my room  and she runs and runs and catches imaginary things. Shes a little round ball and her pudgey flappy bit at the back sways back and forward as shes running. And because our floor is carpet you just hear these wee thuds coming along like an elephant. lol when you catch her out she just stops dead as if ..what the hell am i doing, runs under her bed then comes out all 'polite' going beep beep bepp as she doesnt meow. as if she hasnt just woke me up and was acting very responsibly!! :naughty:

Also haha because her room and the rest of the upstairs is all carpet and the bathroom is tiled.. when your trying to go for a pee she trys to follow you into the bathroom but she walks like shes squating and flicks her paws at the same time like in water because of the tiles!! its sooooo funny to see. :rofl:

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 17:08:21 PM »
Bootsie sounded great! What character!  :Luv:  So sorry you lost her :'( :hug:

Jewel sounds cute - I love cats that dab at things, even more when it makes them jump - so cute!  ;D

Thanks for your comments peeps!  :thanks:

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 10:25:35 AM »
my old cat Bootsie was the most fiesty little cat I have ever known! She was the runt of the litter and never really grew very big at all, and she was so grumpy and a right little madam. We got some crazy kitties and she was not impressed with them, put them in their place and made sure she ruled the roost! Playing of ANY sort was beneath her!
except.....she would sit by the cat flap for hours and I mean hours, motionless just waiting for one of the kitties to come through, they would slowly starting creeping through the cat flap and BAM she would shut it in their faces! she did it every day and seemed to get real enjoyment out of it, only once this was achieved for the day would she leave her post and got to sleep somewhere!
I really miss Bootsie, I love that she was so small but so fiesty and it broke my heart to have her pts when she was 20 :( you are so right, I would love to watch her do that again!

Jen and Benji
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline jennyk

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 14:16:01 PM »
Jewel likes to paw running water, like if I am brushing my teeth she will take a swipe at the tap's running water then jump away in fright. She obviously does not like it but never learns lol  :Luv:
Jenny K

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 09:52:48 AM »

It's weird how at the time you got so annoyed, but now they're gone, you'd give anything to have them do it again.. :(

Ain't that the truth  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 09:35:05 AM »
 :good post:

Awwww the dressing table/book trick is adorable!  ;D

It's weird how at the time you got so annoyed, but now they're gone, you'd give anything to have them do it again.. :(

I love cats back legs when they are playing and kicking them out - so incredibly strong!

Thanks for replying Clarenmax!   :hug:  :dance:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 09:20:09 AM »
My Bridge Baby Max had all manner of ways of trying to wake us up, from diving in the wardrobe, to jumping on top of it and dive bombing the bed  :evillaugh:

His best trick though was to stand on my dressing table on the spine of my book, and leaf the pages through with his paws to get my attention ....... all very cute but not at 3am  :rofl: :rofl:

Poot is much more sedate, but you only have to look at my siggy pic to see that he is a nutter, and has no control over his back legs at all when he's playing, and regularly flips them over his head yoga-styleee!

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 08:14:07 AM »
 :-:

Has nobody got any stories for me??  :(

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
What is the loopiest thing your cat does/did?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 21:01:18 PM »
We all know cats are crazy!  :Crazy:

I want to hear your tales... ;D

One thing my cat Possum used to do was bomb in through the catflap at 100 mph, skid on the laminate floor in the living room, scrabble her way into the downstairs toilet (bit like a Tom & Jerry cartoon where their back legs seem to spin!!), stick her head behind the loo and then run up the stairs making (what I can only describe as) a "turkey-gobbler" sound! She'd then sit on the top step and yowl at the top of her voice (whilst in a trance like state).

She did this routine, pretty much on a daily basis and it had me and my OH in fits of giggles!  :rofl:

She also liked to sit in an empty bath  :Crazy:

Link to CatChat