Author Topic: Introducing Jake and Issie  (Read 2126 times)

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Introducing Jake and Issie
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 21:46:33 PM »
 :Luv2: sooooo beautiful! waht little darlings! im sure they will be wonderful companions for you and each other! I love them! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 15:41:11 PM »

His 3rd eyelid shows most of the time, which I found a little worrying at first, but he drinks, eats, and goes to the toilet fine, so I'm not too worried. Should I be?

Something called third eyelid syndrome or Torovirus can cause it to show more. My friend's cat has had this for a while and her vet wasnt too worried about it, think she just had antibiotiotics for it, but sometimes it can just clear up on its own. http://www.sniksnak.com/cathealth/torovirus.html

They are lovely by the way!  ;D  :Luv:

Offline lilja4ever

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 22:14:26 PM »
Thank you  ;D

They have both settled in so well, and they really love us already! Issie is asleep on my chest as I type, she is so pretty and loving. Jake is so cute, such an adorable little dude.

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 17:14:50 PM »
 :Luv: such cute little bundles of love
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 17:15:45 PM by Shiroi-Neko »

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 09:09:49 AM »
I am so sorry to hear about dear little Hugo.   :'( :'( :hug: :hug:

Your new kitties are GORGEOUS!!   :wow: :wow:

Darling little faces!!  ;D ;D

I am looking forward to seeing more pictures as soon as possible!!   :hug: :hug:

Love,
Sparklecat and Tulip
xxxx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 17:41:08 PM »
Very sorry to hear about Hugo  :hug:

The kittens are absolutely gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Saska

• Adult Cat
  • Millie
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 08:14:09 AM »
Yes they really are adorable! One gorgeous kitty we rescued farted all the way down the motorway when we were bringing her home...a good 4 hr journey and yes it was smelly lol but turned out she was just nervous and it was her little body reacting to change. It all settled down once we got her home  :Luv2:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Offline lilja4ever

• Adult Cat
Introducing Jake and Issie
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 23:49:57 PM »
Last September I introduced to you my kitten Hugo. He was like a baby to us, and everybody who met him said how special he was. Unfortunately he got run over by car a month and a half ago.  :( We were devastated but we knew pretty much straight away that we wanted another cat, as having Hugo enriched our lives so much.

So on Monday, after what seemed like aaaaaaages of waiting, we went to pick up not one, but two new kittens! They come from the same place as Hugo, and are related to him. They are not actually brother and sister, but were born 2 days apart and love each other.

So this is Issie. She thinks she's a big cat already! She's quite confident, and very loving. She loves cuddles and runs to me for one if I call her.

Jake is not as confident as Issie, so he just follows her around and copies everything she does. He's often a little quivery, and he makes funny little grunts. He can miaow too, but he grunts a lot! His 3rd eyelid shows most of the time, which I found a little worrying at first, but he drinks, eats, and goes to the toilet fine, so I'm not too worried. Should I be?

They are adorable... but they smell!  :sick: They keep farting!! I am slowly changing their food over to a nicer quality, so hopefully their stench is not going to last  :rofl:

Link to CatChat