Author Topic: Hello from Mr Booty AKA Bourneville  (Read 1500 times)

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
Re: Hello from Mr Booty AKA Bourneville
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 16:56:47 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

I LOVE dark chocolate and I LOVE YOU!!!! :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

What a special boy you are!! :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

I also have an indoor beauty called, Tulip, who is a re-homed ex-show girl!!   :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Your story is lovely.   :thanks:  :hug: :hug:

Love,
Sparklecat and Tulip
xxxx

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 06:56:14 AM »
 :welcome: Bourneville  :Luv: :Luv2:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 06:56:29 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 01:29:27 AM »
 :welcome: Bourneville

I don't like dark chocolate but I think I would like you, you're very beautiful  :Luv2:

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
Hello from Mr Booty AKA Bourneville
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 14:34:36 PM »
Hello All

I am the original member of the clan and have been with my mummy for 5 years and 3 months (not sure how many days).  I'm going to be six in July and just wanted to tell you my story.  I used to live with a nice family and they had another cat (a female lilac BSH - not as good looking as me though) she was older than me but she kinda tolerated me.  They got me as a kitten from a "breeder" and unfortunately I was poorly from day one so spent a lot of time at the vets.  By the age of 7 months the vets had diagnosed me with having a sensitive tummy and said I had to have special food and stay indoors.  Well I didn't like this special food a kept trying to each the other food which meant I kept being poorly so the family made the sad decision that they couldn't keep me because of my special requirements so they contacted Cats Protection and I went on their "home from home" list. 

Whilst all this was going on, my mummy had moved in to her own home and was feeling very lonely without any animals around her (because at her parents she had a dog and a cat and a bird and some fish!!!!) so she decided to contact Cats Protection to see if she would be allowed to rehome one of their special cats.  The CP lady came round to do a home check and because my mummy had a nice home in a nice location and like animals she was allowed a special cat...and guess what I was on the special cats list that day!!!  My mummy called my then family and arranged to visit me that evening...my then family liked her so much that she was allowed to take me home that night.  They liked the fact that she had food allergies like me. 

I made myself right at home, sniffing everywhere, getting in the bathtub etc etc but for about the first five minutes I was scared of my mummy cos she had these things on her eyes and I had never seen them before.  Luckily she realised why I was scared and she took them off...it just meant she couldn't see my very well LOL!!

As my mummy's food allergies got better mine didn't and I had a permanent poorly tummy and it was so bad that mummy took me to her vets after only a couple of days.  I had to have medicine, paste, special food and tests and had to keep going back pretty much every week until mummy's good vets finally fixed me.  I had a parasite in me called Giardia, I had probably had it since I was a kitten and it had made my tummy very poorly.  They said I would probably always have a sensitive tummy but would be ok to have a good food like JWB and if I stayed indoors so I couldn't eat anything naughty.

Mummy had a special pen made for me so I could go through the cat flap straight into it and get fresh air (and use my litter tray).  Mummy was quite happy about me not going out because then no harm could come of me.  I stuck with the JWB and Hi Life and grew in to a massive handsome boy - some people say I look like a model. 

I love mummy lots and like to wake her up in the mornings by chewing on her hair, tapping her on the face or knocking things off the side (usually her glasses).  When I was younger I used to like to be carried around like a baby but now I'm a big boy so don't do that babyish stuff anymore.  Instead I like to snuggle up on top of the kitchen cupboards...this really puzzles my mum but I think its cosy.  Mummy lets me go everywhere because I do not go outside but I prefer it cos its always safe and warm and I don't get wet...YUCK!!!  Plus I don't have to fight with the rough cats outside...a scar could ruin my looks you know.

Since I have been with mummy she spoils me lots and have even rescued friends for me to play with!!!  You can read their stories too...

I would like my story to make you think about adopting a cat from a local rescue (you may get lucky and end up with a handsome boy like me) and also about having indoor cats.

Thanks for listening

B x
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Link to CatChat