Author Topic: Shaded Silver Traditional Persian  (Read 4322 times)

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
Re: Shaded Silver Traditional Persian
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2010, 10:26:09 AM »
I love your Shaded Silver Persian!!!! :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

He is just like one my husband and I used to have called Nicholas (RIP)   :Luv2: :Luv2:

GORGEOUS!! :Luv2: :Luv2:

Love,
Sparklecat and Tulip
xxxx

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 10:30:43 AM »
She's lovely :)

Chipping in here I have a dyson Animal vacuum and it's brilliant - though half hour after I vacuum the three long haired devils have already made their marks again , long haired cats and OKO litter just shouldn't mix! :evillaugh:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 00:51:02 AM »
because sometimes when she's eating she will growl at the same time and it sounds like she is saying Yum Yum.  :rofl:

Aww, funny about the growling!  :evillaugh:

Dawn, at the moment I'm having to hoover down on my hands and knees with a Dustbuster  :tired: my hoover has finally fallen apart, after being held together with brown parcel tape for years LOL!  - but it was just a 1400w cylinder - can't remember the make offhand!

Offline Purrrrfect (Shelly)

• Senior Cat
  • R.I.P Pippa, Lady, Sammy, Fudge & Smudge. xxxxx
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 14:37:56 PM »
I use a Vax 1700W Bagless upright hoover with HepaFilter. And i use a Bagless Cylinder for the stairs i can't remember what the make is now lol
Adopt a cat or kitten at...
www.the-kats-whiskers.co.uk/smf-forum 
Request a custom forum siggie, avatar or picture resizes at.. http://siggiestogo.smfforfree3.com
Pets Lost, Found & Stolen UK
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129703920378095
R.I.P Pippa, Lady, Sammy, Fudge & Smudge. xxxxx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 13:48:12 PM »
going off topic slightly what hoovers do you have Gillian and Shelly?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 13:03:34 PM »
she is very pretty - although I have to admit I'd never get another long haired white cat myself lol!  but if someone offered me another bengal in the park mmmmm  :rofl:

• Senior Cat
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 12:56:53 PM »
She is a Chinchilla Shelley - silver shaded as you say. Here's my friend's silver shaded chinchilla, Porsche, for comparison - she was here for her grooming session, doesnt look that impressed does she?  :evillaugh:

Aww she's gorgeous thank you for sharing hunni. So it's settled Purdy is a Silver Shaded Chinchilla,  :)

Here's a new pic of her i took yesterday on my phone. She is looking 100% better now.  :Luv2:
Hubby has nick named her Yum Yums, because sometimes when she's eating she will growl at the same time and it sounds like she is saying Yum Yum.  :rofl:
Request a custom forum siggie, avatar or picture resizes at.. http://siggiestogo.smfforfree3.com

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 19:34:06 PM »
aw bless her she looks lovely Gillian.    Reminds me of our much missed pewter persian Shady
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 16:38:20 PM »
She is a Chinchilla Shelley - silver shaded as you say. Here's my friend's silver shaded chinchilla, Porsche, for comparison - she was here for her grooming session, doesnt look that impressed does she?  :evillaugh:

• Senior Cat
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 15:11:18 PM »
Purrdy looks almost identical to my Blue shaded British short hair Elliot, only she has long fur. She is too small to be a Maine Coon. But i found a pic on the net of a RaggaMuffin and she also looks like one of those so we are still not 100% that she is a Traditional Persian. Pic attached is of Elliot, Purdy has the same shaped face.

Purdy's eye has healed up completely now and she's settling in to her new home.  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 15:12:48 PM by Purrrrfect (Shelly) »

• Senior Cat
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 00:52:39 AM »
You must be either terribly lucky or terribly unlucky Shelly because in all my time in rescue no one's ever asked me to take a cat, let alone a pedigree type, on the strength of a chat in a car park. Not even when our group has stood outside Tescos rattling collection tins wearing great big CP banners does anyone think to ask us to take cats in on a spur of the moment thing. Normally they make the decision to ask for help and just get on the phone.  :shocked: Mind you, there was that time that our welfare officer found a black DSH kitten dumped in a box in Asda's car park last Christmas.  :tired:

She's lovely.  :briggin: Looks in good nick for a cat whose lived rough for a year.  :shy: I'm sure she'll be fine and off to her new home soon.  :)

I consider myself very lucky to have come across such a stunning cat as Purdy.
I don't go out looking for any type of cat either moggie, pedigree or cross breed.
I have plenty of hard to home cats such as Alice white & black aged 4yrs old.
Another is Gypsy, white & black aged 9 - 10yrs, old, Annie, black/white aged around 7 - 8yrs old.
Sugar, Black 7 - 8yrs old. And Spooky Black/White 17yrs old.

I get to the point most of the time that i really want to give up because i have cats here that spray up the plug sockets and almost blow our whole electrics, they also pee and mess on my carpet at the top of my stairs. They pee and mess at the end of my hall by the front door and i have to clean it up a few times a day.There is also Sugar peeing and messing on top of my kitchen cupboards and the urine runs down inside the cupbaord and on most of the contents. I have to climb up daily to clean it. She is too scared to come down off the cupbaords because a few cats have vicously attacks her when she has been on ground level.  :(

I get no donations what so ever. Adoptees give us a minimum of £30 per cat/kitten.

When i come on this forum i feel i'm being questioned about what i do and why i do it. Like someone questioned why i was keeping Purdy when there are tons of moggies in more need of a home.
As i said above most of the rescue cats i have are hard to home because people simply don't want them.

And someone telling me what i needed to do and when, when i got the kitten aged 5 days. Don't they think i did all i could to reunite mum and baby.

I'm sorry but i have been totally put off coming on this forum. I feel i have not been given support but just questioned. :(

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 13:50:53 PM by Purrrrfect (Shelly) »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 18:06:31 PM »
Yep, she's a Chinnie, probably shaded silver, or possibly silver tipped (my Lacie is a silver tipped chinnie), difficult to tell from the pic, but it does look like she's got more shading than a silver tipped. Chinnies traditionally don't have such flat faces as other persians.  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 15:54:48 PM »
Teabag is stunning  ;D

So is Purdy but looks more like the cats in the link rather than Teabag I think.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 14:51:15 PM »
She looks like Teabag and he is a Tiffany.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 11:30:33 AM »
Yes, we too have given our phone numbers at events loads of times. Mostly it's people wanting neutering vouchers or asking us to take unwanted litters of usually black or b&w kittens. Never been asked to take something like a grey persian though.  :tired: I need to get out in the car more.  :evillaugh:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 11:11:23 AM »
I have been given numerous telephone numbers when fundraising from people wanting help, but never been given a cat. I do have some friends who have a knack of finding cats needing help though.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 11:01:47 AM »
Wow, Lesley some people just don't care at all do they? I can remember being on a bus and a guy had a hamster cage jammed with baby rats and one beast of a lad. I was half asleep (it was very early) but went to look at and asked where he was taking them. He said he was in a council property and they'd told him he had to rehome some of his rats. When we got off the bus he asked if I'd like to hold one so I said yes. He plonked the beast on me and said "would you like him, his name's Freddie." I made a sort of "eh?" noise which he took to mean yes and he sprinted off with his cage while I stood looking stunned and had to figure out a plan of action about how to deal with being randomly handed a rat in the middle of town!

Freddie was with me a good few years before he passed away, bless him. (Luckily, I had a spare cage. :tired:)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 10:52:17 AM »
You must be either terribly lucky or terribly unlucky Shelly because in all my time in rescue no one's ever asked me to take a cat, let alone a pedigree type, on the strength of a chat in a car park. Not even when our group has stood outside Tescos rattling collection tins wearing great big CP banners does anyone think to ask us to take cats in on a spur of the moment thing. Normally they make the decision to ask for help and just get on the phone.  :shocked: Mind you, there was that time that our welfare officer found a black DSH kitten dumped in a box in Asda's car park last Christmas.  :tired:

She's lovely.  :briggin: Looks in good nick for a cat whose lived rough for a year.  :shy: I'm sure she'll be fine and off to her new home soon.  :)

I was asked to take in a six month old kitten after buying a purse with a cat picture on it from a Greetings Card store in our local Town :shocked: :shocked:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 10:50:54 AM »
Mind you, there was that time that our welfare officer found a black DSH kitten dumped in a box in Asda's car park last Christmas.  :tired:

I was in the local pet shop on Wednesday picking up snake food (OK, mice....I know they're mice it's just nicer for other people to refer to them as "snake food." :shy:) and a woman came in and bought a few cat toys. She told me she was buying them for a six week old kitten that her friends dog had found in a skip behind the local Netto. The lady whose dog found the kitten is keeping her, and I'm told they practically emptied the skip trying to make sure no other kittens were in there. (The kitten was black, naturally.... :tired:)

This girl is stunning.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 10:23:43 AM »
Aw... I missed the bit that said Shelly was keeping her.  :shify: I got confused because this is the rescue and rehoming section.  :-[

Why are you keeping her Shelly?  :shy: Most rescuers, if they do keep hand ins, usually keep the ones no one else wants.  :briggin: I know dear Ron in Brighton doesn't have a single cat of his own that doesn't have a bits missing. Eyes or legs mostly as I recall.  :evillaugh:

Surely she won't be hard to rehome?  :-:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 07:06:26 AM »
You must have thought ALL your Christmases had come at once. As Julie has said she looks in good nick for a cat thats supposedly lived rough for a year.

Unlike Julie I have been asked to take cats when out fundraising, usually black ones often pregnant and with health problems, funny enough like the ones I travelled nearly 100 miles to your area for because there was no local help available.

See you are going to keep her rather than rehome, how lovely.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 02:54:56 AM »

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 00:22:42 AM »
She is just gorgeous -poor baby - can''t believe someone hasn''t missed her -words are starting to fail me with some people and their cats !

• Senior Cat
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
Shaded Silver Traditional Persian
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 22:29:32 PM »
On sunday 25th of April me and hubby went to one of our local parks
for a Fun dog show. As hubby got out of our car a
couple got out thier car next to us. Hubby being
hubby got chatting to them while i finished a Maccy D's breakfast
cob in the car.

He told them that we run a private cat rescue
http://www.the-kats-whiskers.co.uk

At this point i had got out the car to get the dogs out the back.
I also got chatting and mentioned that i had Persians.
The lady started begging me for what i thought was one of my
Persians.  :shify:  i told her the persians were my own cats.

I eventually understood what she was trying to say.
She was asking if we could take a persian.
I told her we could. She said this cat had been fed by
her for nearly a year and all efforts to find an owner had drawn a blank.

I gave her my card and she said she would call when they had
got the cat in a basket.

The call came on Monday evening to say the cat
was safely in a basket and could we collect it.
Hubby went out to collect and rang me to say
that it was very clear she was not a Persian.
(not the persians he knows anyway)

He got back with her and when i took her out
the box it was clear she was 100% Pedigree
of some kind.

She was a shaded silver cat but i was still unsure
what breed but thought she may be a Maine Coon.
She had a very bad eye and wounds on her head
and huge matts on her sides that were hanging off.
I cut these down then settled her down for the night
in a kitten pen. The following morning we took her
to the vets and she was given antibiotics and eye drops.

I set about looking on the net for her breed.
I eventually come across a cat that was identical
and it was a Shaded Silver Traditional Persian.
She is how the Persian was origionaly bred from the 1800's
with a less ultra face. The Shaded Silver is closely
related to the Chinchilla.
(my dream cat has always been a Chinchilla)
They are just stunning!! But to have her may be the
closest i will get to a Chinchilla. 
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tracy.sparrow1/MiakiraChinchillas1.htm

I have called her Purdy and she will be staying with
me and my other Persians and Exotics.
She seams friendly and doesn't mind being handled.

Iv'e added a pic and will add a few more
once she is settled.

Link to CatChat