Author Topic: Our Golden Oldie addition  (Read 1743 times)

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
Re: Our Golden Oldie addition
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 13:29:46 PM »
She's lovely  :Luv2:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline harlequin

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 10:41:11 AM »
Aww she's a beauty! :Luv2: Glad to hear that she now has a loving home with you. My cats are both 12 and up until we adopted them last year, I had no idea that older cats can still be so loving and playful. When the sad day comes and I have to say goodbye to Sugar and Spice at the bridge, I will definately adopt an older cat. :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 23:00:13 PM »
sasha is wonderful  :Luv2:

axa insured my birmans older than that  ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 11:57:25 AM »
Am glad to hear of another oldie in a home. Yes, AXA will insure her, my girls are insured and are 17 and 19.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 19:38:32 PM »
Awwww Sasha is beautiful  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Her name is Sasha and she is 13. Sasha was surrendered after the children in the family were giving her a hard time so the parents relegated her to the garage. Having lost a very young cat to renal failure it has proven to me that you never know how long you will have any of them and an oldie deserves a good home as much as a younger cat. Sasha has been through enough and needs a settled home to live the rest of her life in. I'm thrilled to have been able to offer her that.

It's great that you've rescued her she must have wondered she'd done to be turfed out  :( you're right oldies do deserve a good home too - I only adopt oldies myself  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 17:41:57 PM »
she's a real beauty not surprised she came home with you  :naughty:      We adopted a couple of 13 year persians several years ago [sadly no longer with us] but they were fabulous cats and are much missed.    Hope she settles in well and I'm sure she'll get spoilt rotten 
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
Our Golden Oldie addition
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 17:36:28 PM »
Following on from my update thread in chat I'd like to introduce the new furball who joined the family today from Cats Protection in Belfast.

Her name is Sasha and she is 13. Sasha was surrendered after the children in the family were giving her a hard time so the parents relegated her to the garage. They didn't look after her long coat after that so naturally it got matted and in an awful mess. Her coat had to be shaved in places and she has been spayed so looking a little rough at the moment. She is one of the most adoring cats I have ever met and despite what she went through has no issues at all with my young children. Already been playing and cuddling up to them.

I would also like to see her gain some weight as she feels very light to lift, especially compared to my bruisers.

Having lost a very young cat to renal failure it has proven to me that you never know how long you will have any of them and an oldie deserves a good home as much as a younger cat. Sasha has been through enough and needs a settled home to live the rest of her life in. I'm thrilled to have been able to offer her that.

Having only arrived today she hasn't met the other cats yet and will give her a couple of days to settle in before she does meet them. Here are a few pics of her playing on the stairs.

Oh and forgot to ask - our cats are insured with Axa so also hoping they will take Sasha on but has anyone experienced any problems with insuring an older cat or would recommend a different insurer for older cat?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 17:38:40 PM by sixfurballs »

Link to CatChat