Author Topic: Cleaning up  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
Re: Cleaning up
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 19:52:56 PM »
Quite possibly the least aptly named cat alive. My only comparator would be a pitbull named 'petal' or a great dane named 'tiny'

You have reminded me of a bar/club in Kings Crosss I used to go to years ago. The was a female bouncer who was built like a brick  :censored: house and even protected us when some yobs tried to get in. Her name was Gemma and it just seemed so wrong  :evillaugh:
was that the bell pub in pentoville rd?

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 19:39:31 PM »
Quite possibly the least aptly named cat alive. My only comparator would be a pitbull named 'petal' or a great dane named 'tiny'

You have reminded me of a bar/club in Kings Crosss I used to go to years ago. The was a female bouncer who was built like a brick  :censored: house and even protected us when some yobs tried to get in. Her name was Gemma and it just seemed so wrong  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 18:59:20 PM »
Oh, Bless Smidgen! He does look very contented  ;)

And how about a tortoise called "Killer" that belonged to my brother's school friend.  I remember "Killer" strolling happily up the path with my school boater over the top of him.  Best use for that horrible hat ever. :evillaugh:    And "Killer" was so laid back he was practically horizontal and didnt give a  :censored:

:rofl:

Maybe you should add "Nimrod" to Smidgens name ? ;)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 19:00:40 PM by Wibblechick »
People Power Works!!!

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 08:55:04 AM »
 :rofl:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 08:50:24 AM »

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 07:40:52 AM »
 :Luv: What a cutie!

He is definitely taking after his dad in the body shape (and size) department - quite a big lump on the bed these days ... :Luv:

so not quite a Smidgen now then  :evillaugh:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 04:47:53 AM »
He is definitely taking after his dad in the body shape (and size) department - quite a big lump on the bed these days ... :Luv:

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 23:16:53 PM »
Smidgen Looks like he had a wonderful time with his hunting

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 21:00:33 PM »
Cor cant believe how older he looks since he was over he, he has really filled out nicely!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 20:52:43 PM »
Bless him, I bet he was exhausted after all that bug/mouse/worm/slug catching!  :Luv:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Cleaning up
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 23:58:45 PM »
I took advantage of today's cooler morning to venture into some of the longer grass to remove rubbish and wire before running the mower through. Lots of rubbish, including lots of bits of timber lying on the ground. My activities attracted the attention of the cats and the chooks and soon everyone was having a wonderful time catching bugs, worms, slugs, and ... to the delight of the cats ... an entire nest of about-to-leave-home baby mice. Both are looking very smug, and quite tired now... But I doubt I will have a mouse problem for a while. :evillaugh:

The best of it was that because there were so many of them, there was no time to 'play' so the mice were dispatched rapidly and painlessly (well, relatively painlessly).

Here is Smidgen practicing being a mighty hunter (or loafing if you prefer to be frank ...)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 07:32:43 AM by blackcat »

Link to CatChat