Author Topic: shins  (Read 1342 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: shins
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 07:59:10 AM »
Comfy is not a word I would use to describe my shins. Particularly since they are currently held up by muscles of steel due to all the digging and barrowing I have been doing  :rofl:

It is trying to find a sleep-worthy position while curling between a cat with gravity-boosting powers, a dog who twitches wildly at times, and the drip from the roof of the caravan that lands at about waist level off to one side ... (and that is completely ignoring the effect of a foam mattress on dodgy slats that tend to favour the dog in terms of weight distribution ... :Crazy:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 04:14:32 AM »
Oh Jo I sympathise.....Mine do that too, and I am not a good sleeper so love to keep rolling over, they soon learn though my lot and jump off the bed!!!  :sneaky: :hug: :hug:

Offline Goocat

• Kitten
    • Everybody Loves George
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 17:30:12 PM »
Your shins must just be very comfortable.
Someone say cat blog?

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 17:26:53 PM »
 :evillaugh: Smidgen has a shin fettish! well mine don't lie on my shins but Pepper is always rubbing his little nose against them and it tickles  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 17:27:16 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
shins
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 20:03:56 PM »
What is it with cats and shins? I had never realised how limiting life can be when one's shins are out of action. When I go to bed I spend a while on my back. Smidgen lies on my shins, so the only way to move is to get him off them. Then I lie on my right side, legs curled, and Smidgen settles down against the front of my shins thus preventing my next move which is to straighten my legs. Then I try to roll over to my left side, but - you guessed it - Smidgen is asleep on my shins. Now why can he not be like other cats I have had who curled up against my side at around stomach level so all future movements allowed them to settle into a mutually comfy position? :Crazy:

Given the cramped quarters on my bed (a large dog is there too and it is only a bit bigger than a single bed), it is making sleep rather difficult of late ...

Link to CatChat