Author Topic: Face washing  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
Re: Face washing
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 12:24:35 PM »
Awww bless Minimopsical for showing you how much she loves you  :evillaugh:

Rascal licks my eyelids and yes it really does hurt  :tired: :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 11:08:48 AM »
Never had a face wash by any of mine, although I did wake up one morning to find my beloved Teejay licking my armpits :shocked: Not only was it painful it just made me feel ill. But Bigears will everynight without fail jump onto the bed at night and as soon as I close my eyes, she will stick her nose right up to my eyes have a sniff, then I feel her paws just tap the eyelids no pressure whatsoever it's as if the paws are just hovering on top. And then she goes to her own bed, very strange but she will do it every night without fail.

Kylie always sniffs my eyes too  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 11:04:46 AM »
Bless Mini. Mine tend to stick to hands, I have stopped them in the past for face licks though due to it tickling or hurting me. Although the most painful has to be Molly walking on my eyelids (second most is lying on my throat!!)
Please spay your cat

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 09:19:11 AM »
I just opened this post as I was telling a colleague about Milo licking my eyebrows at 5am this morning  :rofl:

Milo is a real licker, this morning he was sitting on my head cleaning himself, I got the giggles woke Hubby up who did also find it funny, then Milo was licking my eyebrows.

Miilo will lick heads, hands, feet, legs literally anything. He washes himself and then licks us to, I don't mind it, his tongue is rough but its his breath that bothers me more.

We always know when his been cleaning Jess as well as Jess stinks of Milo's breath.

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 08:45:54 AM »
Lirael will wash my face till I bleed. She normally catches me while I'm asleep since she uses my arm as a pillow so she'll start cleaning herself and end up cleaning me as well.

Smoke has started doing this as well though her tongue isn't as rough ;) However if Smoke discovers your ears she will clean them and the only way to stop her is to stand up and even then she will try to climb you.

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 00:40:30 AM »
Oliver often does a thorough hand cleaning for me when I put a lotion on.  I am not really sure if the peach or vanilla scent attracts him or he is trying to get rid of the yucky substance off my hand, but he does do a real complete job, and yes, until it starts to hurt!! :Crazy:

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 00:29:03 AM »
Never had a face wash by any of mine, although I did wake up one morning to find my beloved Teejay licking my armpits :shocked: Not only was it painful it just made me feel ill. But Bigears will everynight without fail jump onto the bed at night and as soon as I close my eyes, she will stick her nose right up to my eyes have a sniff, then I feel her paws just tap the eyelids no pressure whatsoever it's as if the paws are just hovering on top. And then she goes to her own bed, very strange but she will do it every night without fail.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 23:41:25 PM »
kocka would have a good lick of my arm and she could make it bleed, very painful.

ducha is very gentle and doesnt use the bristles  :rofl: :rofl:

i am sure she was just trying to help you teresa  ;D

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 23:38:43 PM »
Teresa, just think of it as exfoliating  :evillaugh:

Must admit Rainbow has a thing about cleaning my eyelids and it hurts badly  :rofl:

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 21:39:48 PM »
Ahh, bless little Minimopsical, what a caring little girl.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 21:02:22 PM »
Max often licks my forehead at night, then my eyebrows, then my eyelids ......... usually he's quite gentle,but he got me with the full barbed tonge once on my eyelid, and boy did that hurt  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 20:20:29 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: Shadow sounds so lovely .... we need more pictures of him  :sneaky:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 20:15:32 PM »
one of Shadow's many virtues is that his tongue is as dry as a cat's tongue. He is allowed to like me if he wants. He loves to lick my hand if he is feeling particularly affectionate  :Luv2: Faces are off limits and he knows this so whuffles in my ear if the need arises  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 20:12:19 PM »
Memphis licks my forehead down to my nose. It's a WEIRD sensation. It doesn't bother me actually, much better than a slobbery dog tongue .. that I don't allow.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 19:53:33 PM »
:rofl:  how adorable is that T! Bless her little heart.  :Luv2:

Ruth she took advantage of her poor defenceless human and now my face is sore and you say Bless her little heart, at least I knew where I stood with the Lexy claw  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I will never use her cat bed as a pillow when lying on kitchen floor again. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 19:46:19 PM »
 :rofl:  how adorable is that T! Bless her little heart.  :Luv2:

As for Lexy, yes, when she wants me up to feed her or just because she wants to play and I'm daring to be asleep at the odd hours of the morning.  It's better than the claw so i accept it.  :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 19:40:49 PM »
Yes and I don't! Mainly because they usually seem to choose moments when I am wearing makeup and I worry about what the are ingesting (and of couse the pain, the pain, the pain ..........  :rofl: )

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Face washing
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 19:16:33 PM »
Minimopsical caught me lying down unexpectedly today and decided to give my face a good wash over; never have I felt anything as rough as her tongue my poor face feels like its been rubbed down with sandpaper.
Do your cats do this to you? and if so how do you put up with it ? 

Link to CatChat