Author Topic: Tortie newbie  (Read 5784 times)

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Tortie newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 17:17:04 PM »
I think I know what you mean! ;) Skye (my tortie girl) definately shows a certain resilience - my older boy Riley can be quite rough with her, but she is so confident and seems totally unflappable - nothing bothers her at all! She's not backward in coming forward when it comes to wanting cuddles, attention, playtime, food...everything! She already has Riley wrapped around her paw and in no doubt as to who is really the boss! lol

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 17:10:46 PM »
Torties seem to have a thing called tortitude along with being a bit naughty tortie  ;D

My tortie definately has tortitude and is very special but untouchable  :rofl:

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 17:06:20 PM »
 ;D That wouldn't surprise me! Mind you, aren't all 5 month kittens a bit naughty? :innocent: I guess I was just curious - I know that orientals are renowned for a particular temperament, as are ragdolls etc., but I had never heard of non-purebreed cat types having specific character traits until I cam across this mention of the "tortie temperament"  :briggin:
Thankfully, my little girl is also a real sweetie, so even if she does become really cheeky or naughty, I'd end up letting her get away with it anyway! lol

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 17:03:06 PM »
I've found out that she is a "Dilute Tortoiseshell" DSH  :) However, lots of sites mention the "tortie temperament", without detailing what it actually is! Any experienced tortie owners out there who can shed some light? :-:

My Elsa, who died recently age 20, was a dilute tortie - she definitely had attitude - a real 'naughty tortie'  ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 16:58:05 PM »
I've got a tortie, she is adorable - I think they are just called naughty torties because it rhymes!

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
Tortie newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 16:57:06 PM »
I've recently adopted a beautiful, affectionate, and very confident little 5 month kitten :Luv: After doing a bit of research, I've found out that she is a "Dilute Tortoiseshell" DSH  :) However, lots of sites mention the "tortie temperament", without detailing what it actually is! Any experienced tortie owners out there who can shed some light? :-:

Link to CatChat