Author Topic: We've just lost Carrie Bagpuss  (Read 4006 times)

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
Re: We've just lost Carrie Bagpuss
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 08:42:36 AM »
What a terrible shock for you  :hug:

I'll be thinking of you.

Sleep tight Mog

xx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 08:21:49 AM »
Sweetheart I'm so very sorry  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I just don't know what to say, other than we're all here for you and sadly know all too well how you are feeling right now  :'(

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 07:57:38 AM »
So sorry to hear this-what a terrible shock for you.

Thinking of you.

Sweet dreams little girl xxx

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
We've just lost Carrie Bagpuss
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 07:38:46 AM »
I'll post properly on Rainbow Bridge later; I think I'm posting this because I need to do something.

Old Mog was quiet yesterday, but this didn't concern me too much as she has days where she sleeps really solidly, and we tend to leave her be as it's nice to know she's settled. But she was a no show for tea, then supper. So I hunted around the house - nothing. We went in the garden and found her over the small back wall (She hasn't been over it in years. No idea why she did yesterday.) after she cried at me to get my attention.

She'd been bitten by another cat on her jugular. I brought her back home and called the vet who shaved the area to look at the wound and clean it a little. He gave her a steroid jab and said he could put her on a drip, but given her age he felt she'd suffer more mentally if we left her overnight after such a shock. She came home and I made a bed on the floor next to her heated pet bed and laid her on it.

Mog fought from midnight until 7 this morning, when she had two very small episodes and then passed over. I fussed her every time she cried and told her I'd always love her.

She's been my friend and family for 15 years and I'm still in shock. I just needed to let this out to people that would understand a little what's happening in my head.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Link to CatChat