Author Topic: OH MY GOD I'M A HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PERSON  (Read 5645 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: OH MY GOD I'M A HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PERSON
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 21:43:14 PM »
To be honest, I think that people who let their cats out where they have access to roads are the irresponsible ones as it is a case of russian roulette with cars. I feel it is my job to keep my cats safe and that means keeping them away from roads. It must be horrible for you - at the same time, I would have had to stop and see what I could do.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 21:22:25 PM »
you're no more guilty, Cozmo,  than the owners who let their cat loose in a busy area

and I wouldn't blame them either

cats run across roads, cars hit them, it happens, and it's very sad

Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 20:55:56 PM »
Sorry I am unable to say anything that will make you feel better.

My own cat was hit and killed on the road so I am the last person to dole out sympathy.

Think what you would want  the person to do if it were your cat that had been hit and then do it without delay.

Offline Cozmo

• Adult Cat
  • To be sane would be true madness
    • Cozmo
OH MY GOD I'M A HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PERSON
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 20:29:50 PM »
I'm in absolute shock I don't know what to do.

I was on my way over to my parents and a long haired ginger cat ran out in the road and I couldn't stop in time. Both the frotn and back tyres went over the poor thing and I couldn't stop because of the traffic behind me. I got to my parents and just disolved in tears. I saw in my side mirror that it was scrabbling in the road and then ran off the way it had come.

I just wasn't quick enough to respond. I feel so dreadful. I'm a horrible person.

I don't know what to do. I said to my parents about going and knocking on the doors round the area but they said there's too many houses round there it would be like a needle in a haystack. But I feel like I should do something. Should I phone round the local vets or/and rescue centres to say I ran over a long haired ginger cat or what?

I just keep thinking that this poor thing probably comes from a loving family, what if they have kids. How upset they will be!

Link to CatChat