Author Topic: where do your furbabies sleep at night?  (Read 7523 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: where do your furbabies sleep at night?
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2009, 23:15:14 PM »
OK here goes, finally having to admit to crazy cat lady status  :innocent:. Since arrival of new 3 on 31 Jan, me and OH have spent perhaps 2 full nights together.  Generally he sleeps in main bedroom and fab king size bed with Freddie, Billy and Noni and I'm in back bedroom in knackered old double bed with the youngsters...Dinah and the kittens, Millie and Ruby.  On occasion we swap  :tired:

The older ones have 24/7 outdoor access so the younger ones have to be holed up.  I tried to keep catflap shut the other night and Freddie pee'd into electric double socket right by me and blew one of main electrical circuits; costing us £50 in electrician call out. 

Suggestions very welcome for other arrangements  :(

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2009, 22:00:51 PM »
During the day my two alternate between the Argos chaise long (sp) bed, the squashy heart shaped bed which is on top of an old printer box, my bed or the sofa/chair etc. You quite often find both of them squashed in one bed! At night they usually come upstairs to see me into bed then go downstairs for a while. However I invariably wake up around 1 in the morning with Dylan draped along my side (can't be comfy but hey) and Hobbes snuggled in to my legs. I have a single bed with a double quilt and I still end off with no quilt  :rofl: In the winter Dylan sleeps on the warm spot on the floor at the bottom of the bed where the pipes for the central heating are then he comes on to the bed when the heating goes off. Hobbes sometimes comes under the covers but he always has to be touching me wherever he lies. When I got my first cat I was adamant that she wasn't coming upstairs as my dog had always slept downstairs - that lasted precisely one night, I don't even try now I just let them go where they want  :rofl:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2009, 19:44:33 PM »
I originally tried to keep Memphis out of my room as I haaaaaate sleeping with the door open. Anyway, he won and I lost [and I still hate having the door open  :shocked:].

He basically starts off on me, then moves to the bottom of the bed - which is a dangerous place to be  :-: when he gets fed up with me kicking him he moves to the floor and sleeps on my dressing gown which I leave out for him. At some point in the night he moves back onto the bed.

The trouble with him is he likes to sleep as close to me as possible, especially in the nook created behind my knees when I curl up .. but I'm a very deep yet fidgety sleeper so he probably doesn't get much sleep  :evillaugh:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2009, 19:30:59 PM »
i woke up (i was sleeping on my back)  to Tepe asleep on my chest and chin right in the nook of my neck, it was his whiskers tickling me that woke me, he then noticed i was awake and got under the covers right down to my feet then wriggled back up again and slept  right in my arm pit with one paw on my shoulder, it's strange because that is how OH and i sleep when he is in bed....me thinks Tepe thinks he is Hooman  :shocked: :rofl:
Feel the fear and do it anyway!
you don't learn anything until you live it

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 18:37:04 PM »
Yep my two sleep in the bedroom as well...more often than not Geoffrey gets into (yes, into) bed with us and snuggles down between us purring loudly (most people would be horrified I'm sure  :rofl:)  Milly usually sleeps on the cat duvet on the sideboard or on the windowsill, but she sometimes sleeps on the bed if it's particularly cold or if she's in the right mood  :Luv2:

It's terribly disruptive to sleep but I wouldn't have it any other way  :Luv:

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2009, 12:11:04 PM »
this is the main reason i'm not allowed any more cats, he wouldn't fit in the bed any more

this is the main reason i dont have a boyfriend, there just isnt room  :evillaugh:

I keep threatening to convert the garage so my husband can go live there.

Sadly a king size bed won't fit in our bedroom so that's not an option!

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 10:40:08 AM »
I banned mine from the bedroom when my Burmese Python got to 17 & 1/2 ft long and started looking at the cats on the bed. Cassie likes her igloo bed and Trouble likes the donut one. They are in the hall above the hot water pipes. :)

17 & 1/2 foot python !,  I wouldn't be able to sleep at night  :faint:

Me either!!!

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 10:21:35 AM »
I banned mine from the bedroom when my Burmese Python got to 17 & 1/2 ft long and started looking at the cats on the bed. Cassie likes her igloo bed and Trouble likes the donut one. They are in the hall above the hot water pipes. :)

17 & 1/2 foot python !,  I wouldn't be able to sleep at night  :faint:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2009, 23:30:32 PM »
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2009, 23:15:09 PM »
OMG they are just fantastic.   :Luv2: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2009, 20:49:47 PM »
just a couple of pics of he kind of places they find comfy!

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2009, 20:40:53 PM »
this is the main reason i'm not allowed any more cats, he wouldn't fit in the bed any more

this is the main reason i dont have a boyfriend, there just isnt room  :evillaugh:
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2009, 20:20:44 PM »
Lirael sleeps in my arms.
Smoke sleeps on top of my legs.
Penguin sleeps on my pillow
Gizmo sleeps at my feet.

And somehow my poor husband sleeps on the edge of his side of the bed to accomidate all of us!

this is the main reason i'm not allowed any more cats, he wouldn't fit in the bed any more.

We got a SUper Kingsize bed to accomodate more cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2009, 20:00:34 PM »
Lirael sleeps in my arms.
Smoke sleeps on top of my legs.
Penguin sleeps on my pillow
Gizmo sleeps at my feet.

And somehow my poor husband sleeps on the edge of his side of the bed to accomidate all of us!

this is the main reason i'm not allowed any more cats, he wouldn't fit in the bed any more.

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2009, 19:51:49 PM »
well the boys can never decide where to settle-never stay in one place which can be quite annoying when they are walking on your head at 3am! :shocked:

they both start off on the sofa-the 3 of us cuddle up whilst watching tv then i go off to bed and they stay there for about 10 mins normally then they wonder upstairs, Tepe curls up at the end of the air bed (we haven't bought a bed yet) sometimes actually on my feet which means i have to get comfy pretty quick because once he is on my feet i am pinned and i would hate to make him get off. Floss normally makes a be-line for the bedroom window sil they both stay put for a few hours then the have a mad 5 mins and i am usually used as a spring board whilst they chase each other- if it last more than about 10 mins they get shut out of the bedroom  :'(

once they have that out of their system floss gets on the end of the bed or in the sink of the en suite (i have pics to post) and tepe either under the covers by my feet or up by my tummy.  a few hours later they have another swap and floss is on a box of books i have still yet to unpack and tepe is on my back(i sleep on my front)  when my snooze goes off floss darts down stairs but not before walking on my head and nudging me with his wet nose, tepe however wriggles up my back and has his head on my shoulder staring at me in the face whilst stroking my face with his paw (it's very cute)  :Luv:

they both purr so loudly it sometimes wakes me, but they make me feel very secure when OH is not around monday to friday but when he is home they don't like him in the bed with me if he tries to stroke or cuddle them they get under the covers as far away as possible from him  :rofl: the funny thing is is that they are the complete opposite the rest of the time.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 19:55:41 PM by toothfairy »

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 18:22:10 PM »
9 times out of 10 they're all in with me. Meeko always sleeps on my pillow, has done since he was a kitten, strange cos my Jasmine, his mammy, always slept there too. Daisy likes to be closed and cuddles into my chest. Belle and Tigger always lay at the bottom of the bed. Sometimes they sleep in my kids' beds but mostly mine.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 11:00:24 AM »
[quote author=Leanne link=topic=24962.msg437064#msg437064 date=1242745709]
For a minute Maryas I thought the tiger was your pet  :rofl: :rofl:
[/color]

Don't be silly  :naughty: :rofl: - this is my pet........ PANDA

Mary
[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2009, 09:44:23 AM »
Charley and Garfield have always slept on our bed, Gardfield prefers to get under the duvet when it's colder. Basil likes the bed but not when hoomans are in it as he can't get streched out properly so makes for the dirty washing basket. Baxter needs something to cuddle so will make a beeline for one of the bigger cats to snuggle into, although (shock horror) he has recently started snuggling into my legs when he thinks I'm not watching.

Offline TheHappyHippy

• Adult Cat
  • Boo the forumming cat.
  • Slave to: Boo, Zed, Ing, Bunni, Eve, Pheonix and Booty
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2009, 08:31:12 AM »
Where ever they want really.

Jimjam often spends part of the night on the bed, usually on top of OH.   :evillaugh:  Both he and Boo can be found in our teens room, on the Ikea chairs ( we have 2 cats and 2 Poangs = 2 happy cats) or on the warm patch on the sofa ( usually where I have just got up) or the warm spots on the landing where the waterpipes from boiler to tank run.

Or occasionally in the dirty washing basket  :innocent:, under the wardrobe, hidding under the dresser, or anywhere else guarenteed to panic us when they have been MIA for a whole day. :doh:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 08:03:21 AM »
My two live in my bedroom (door is never shut) - they generally sleep on my bed, although I did wake up to Zia sleeping on the computer chair this morning. The spare pillow has a blanket on it for Molly, but this week she has taken to sleeping above my head - she loves to sleep under the covers too. The two long term fosters sleep downstairs, not quite sure where, I think  Sam sleeps on either the windowsill (which has a blanket on for him) or the sofa, and I think Kiz sleeps on the stairs - those two can sleep where they like, but Sam rarely comes upstairs.
Please spay your cat

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 23:10:56 PM »
Snuggs sleeps with me in bed, Scamps joins us for a while then goes under the bed,Kali sleeps downstairs on the table,Eddie on his little couch, Barney Rubble wherever takes his fancy,,Cheeks sleeps downstairs with the dogs in their bed Henry on top of the tv,George on the 2nd stair down and last but by no means least little Alfie sleeps on Wizzy,s little bed but sometimes comes on the bed with me and Snuggs
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 22:59:58 PM »
Where they like ! :evillaugh: .  Most of them somewhere in my bedroom .
They usually start off with Winston on his scratching post/bed , FiFi in the smallest heated bed (biggest cat out of them all now too !!!)Sophie on my bed , Bungly on my pillow with me , Smartie in his heated bed .
If i have the alarm set and it goes off -if he isn''t already with me , Smartie runs in, jumps on the bed and pushes his nose onto my nose and purrs , so we have cuddles then ( often he is on my pillow with his bum resting on my shoulder anyway ).
In the night i often get Winston on the pillow purring for about 15 mins- they all seem to swap round through the night - i get a visit from all of them on the bed at some point.
FiFi is often on the bottom of the bed when i wake up and the minute i get up ,she gets in where i have been laying .

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009, 20:45:45 PM »
If you look in our Avatar photo there are 13 cats on our bed - this is the night time bed we add 2 adults to!

Ours sleep in our bedroom, some in the lounge with the 3 dogs, some in the conservatory, some in the family room, some in the study and some in the cat room - as there are currently 41 they spread out a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 19:10:38 PM »
Nina sleeps on the corner of the bed by my feet, Gibson on 'his' couch in the bedroom and Kiki enjoys the peace and quiet downstairs on the hotly contested ikea poang chair  :evillaugh:

Where will the new baby kitten be sleeping Ems?  :naughty:

:innocent:  :Dont know:  ;)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 19:07:04 PM »
Nina sleeps on the corner of the bed by my feet, Gibson on 'his' couch in the bedroom and Kiki enjoys the peace and quiet downstairs on the hotly contested ikea poang chair  :evillaugh:

Where will the new baby kitten be sleeping Ems?  :naughty:

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 19:04:32 PM »

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 19:00:52 PM »
Have you thought about this for the ceiling, Mary ?  :evillaugh:

:rofl:  :rofl:

Jaffa sleeps on the bed beside me.  Usually he settles down on his bottle straight away, other times he wanders all over the bed purring and demanding attention before he will settle down.  But he always settles in the end on his hot water bottle beside me.  That's him for the night, although if it's cold he will move a few feet down the bed to the heat pad once his bottle has gone cold.

Mosi sleep night are not 3 words usually put in the same sentence.  But when he does finally tire himself out, he has various places.  Often he will sleep on my legs (opp side of me to Jaffa) but he has recently been sleeping on top of a bag and cardigan I have left out on the dressing table (haven't the heart to pick them up now that there is an indented cat shape on them).  Other times he will sleep out in the living room on the sofa or his cat tree.

They both have the freedom to sleep where they like but if they wake me up at 5am, they are both immediately shut in the living room so that I can try to drift back to sleep before I am fully awake.

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 17:52:03 PM »
Have you thought about this for the ceiling, Mary ?  :evillaugh:

People Power Works!!!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 17:42:14 PM »
Behave  :rofl:

I saw the idea on Colin and Justin to make the room look bigger and I don't like headboards and thought I'd give it a go - Bonnie loves looking at herself  :Luv2: :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 17:39:54 PM »
Never mind the toys as I reckon you must have the animal in you Mary...Just look at them mirrors!  :evillaugh: :naughty: :rofl:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 17:28:50 PM »
[quote author=Leanne link=topic=24962.msg437064#msg437064 date=1242745709]
[/quote]

Don't be silly  :naughty: :rofl: - this is my pet........ PANDA

Mary

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 17:14:52 PM »
4 Sleep in the living room, 1 in the hall, 1 in boys bedroom....and 7 in our bedroom...Things definitely go bump in the night in our house!  :innocent:

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 16:55:26 PM »
Wherever they blooming please  :evillaugh:

Harry and big Oliver come to bed every night for a love- Harry even gets under the covers with me, which I love  :Luv2:

The rest sleep in the living room and about the house. Ted has recently claimed my kids top bunk  :evillaugh:

When my daughter was a baby Harry and Lyla would sleep in the cot with her, so I cant judge anyone  :hug:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 16:30:29 PM »
mine have the run of the house and sleep wherever they please  :evillaugh:. out of 13 there are usually 5 on the bed with the 2 dogs.  there are usually a couple on the landing and a couple in the kitchen as well as a couple on/in the wardrobe, one on the computer chair (either Lupus or Merlin,whoever gets there first.  jimmy always sleeps on top of the bedroom TV.  the only room they are shut out of is the kids room, mainly because it's such a complete  :censored: hole in there that i'd never find them if they did get in  :evillaugh:

strangely none of them ever sleep in the living room
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 16:31:31 PM by Bonkers Mad!!! »
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 16:22:27 PM »
Pretty much where ever they want! We have 14 cat beds between four of them, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee we won't be ambushed during the night if they decide they want the biggest bed for a while! ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 16:08:29 PM »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 15:22:11 PM »
On my bed
On the spare bed
On the settee
On the rug in the living room
On the rug in my bedroom
In my knicker drawer
These are the places I know about  :naughty: :Luv2:

Mary

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 14:57:13 PM »
Ginny sleeps under the covers :shy: :evillaugh: Penguin sleeps on my feet or on the little cushions i keep next to my pillow 'specially for them. :Luv2: I like having the company, and the purring really helps send me to sleep. :Luv:

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 14:51:28 PM »
Posted this before - and its not the best of piccies - but this is where Mr T sleeps  :Luv2:   :briggin:
People Power Works!!!

Offline Rosiecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 14:00:44 PM »
Mine (3 Persians and 2 moglets) sleep on our bed and occasionally in it!!    :Luv:

Nala sleeps with my youngest son when she has a chance, more often than not under the duvet with her head on his pillow. 

Link to CatChat