Author Topic: The cat proofing is up - Lucas and Riley soon to be adventuring outside!  (Read 9287 times)

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
Also need to clip off what seems like several thousand (well, it's at least several hundred!) cable ties!

I remember those ties..............................

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Once its all secure then I would just open the door and see what happens, let them make their own decision and if thats to stay inside, just open the door occasionally to see if they get braver.

I would never force a cat to go outside although I love to see tham out there.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
OO what a brill job Helen....well done!  ;D

Id just let the boys get on with it....all that open space will be great for them to let off extra steam!  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
I love those piccies - they look sooo excited  :evillaugh:

I just let my lot out when I got my cat-proofing up - supervised of course  ;)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
 :thanks:

Here's a better view of the netting, it really is very unobtrusive...  Do you think I should take the boys out on harnesses the first time they go out or just let them get on with it?

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Well done Helen - what bit you can see looks great. The wonderful thing about this sysyem is it is virtually invisible.
 You now have great peace of mind for your babes. Well done  :hug:

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
It looks good and they look very interested  ;D

However I know when I first opened my back door for Misa and Sasa.....they had been sitting on the windowsill for weeks watching the garden..........they were too scared to go out the door  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Both ran back into the house and hid.

It took a couple of weeks before Sasa put a paw outside and got round the edge of the house but once she did that was it  ;D Misa took even longer.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
The cat proofing is up - Lucas and Riley soon to be adventuring outside!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 20:41:15 PM »
Firstly a big Thank you to Roz who kindly donated the Secur a cat fencing kit to the Purrs Xmas auction  :)

After two days work (two of us doing it) and lots of Oh  :censored: later, the cat proofing is finally up  :wow:  I haven't let the boys out yet as I still need to patch up a few gaps under the fence before they go out, also we finished around 7pm and I want to let them out with plenty of daylight left incase they do the unthinkable!  Also need to clip off what seems like several thousand (well, it's at least several hundred!) cable ties!

The weird thing is that up until now they have taken zero interest in what's outside.  In the last few days I kept holding them up to the doors and windows and saying 'Look boys, you'll be playing out there soon!' but they would look around disinterestedly.  When I came in after finishing it they both started going mental looking out the window, twitching with excitement - it's almost like they know  ;D

Edit:  They're out.... See http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,14284.msg245587.html#msg245587

Riley, deep in concentration, eyeing up his escape route  :evillaugh:

« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 13:47:13 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Link to CatChat