Author Topic: Cat yowling ... Please help [cross posted from CC]  (Read 1838 times)

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
Re: Cat yowling ... Please help [cross posted from CC]
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 13:39:06 PM »
Ahh bless her - give her lots of lovely cuddles.. this normally shuts Leo up when he howls the flat down !

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 20:33:15 PM »
I hope she gets the all clear from the vets and I found when one of mine went to the vet his brother would have nothing tomdo wioth hime for ages and althouigh scent was transferred from the beginning it didnt help.

Poor Ducha....the one who had been to the vet.........was mortified and started rubbing huimself all over Franta and that did the trick. They have lived together since they were born , for over 14 years, and it was as if Franta did not recognize his brother anymore.

I am pleased the yowling has nearly stopped and maybe she is just feeling so upset by being away she is taking time to settle.

Offline roslily

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 13:25:53 PM »
Thanks.  we are going to take her to the vets tomorrow, as they were closed by the time we retrieved her on saturday.  The yowling has mostly stopped now, just occasional and I think now it is related to attention (she stops when we fuss her!)

I think it is going to take a long time for her sister to accept her again.  Our older cat seems to have accepted her again, well she tolerates her which is really what she always did!  However her and her sister were always cuddled up together and playing together, but now her sister hisses and growls at her.  We are doing scent transfer and hopefully she will accept her soon.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 23:53:01 PM »
I would say that if she has been missing for 2wks i would get her checked out by a vet

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 23:31:47 PM »
Thanks Gill  :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 23:30:27 PM »
Have just posted the following on CC:

I am from Purrs and I think you will find that the other cats do not recognize her at the moment cos she smells different , just like when cats have a spell at the vets.

Maybe as she has been outside she is now missing having her freedom?

How old is she and have you carefully checked for and signs of her being hurt and in pain.

She may just be scared and need some TLC to fit back into her home and its a vicious circle cos the others dont like her anymore and she feels like she doesnt belong.

I would spend some time exchanging all of their scent and maybe she will calm down but if this doesnt happen shortly maybe a visit to the vets to have her checked out would be a good idea.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Cat yowling ... Please help [cross posted from CC]
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 21:29:22 PM »
Saw this question on CC can anyone help?

Our cat went missing for two weeks, she was a house cat and was eventually found across the road in someones cellar. She seems fine, not lost too much weight ( I think the lady had been leaving food down for her for a few days)

However since we brought her home she has been walking around yowling, which is unlike her as she wasn't that vocal! We also have her sister and another cat and they are quite distressed by the yowlin and are hiding. When they do come out they hiss and growl at her.

Is this normal?

http://www.catchat.org/discus/messages/18/64755.html?1193506734
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 22:36:13 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Link to CatChat