Author Topic: Cat with tumour  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Kirakat

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Kira
Re: Cat with tumour
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 14:38:59 PM »
Dear all,

Thank you very much for your support. It's appreciated.

I'm sorry to hear about Leo, Annettemarie.

Kira did break the skin a little a couple of days ago and it did look a bit sore, and I was thinking that the inevitable was near, but I'm glad to say that the skin healed and if anything looks tougher now than it did to begin with.

The soft claws may have potential, I'll check them out further.

Thanks again

Kirakat

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 22:31:06 PM »
Hi Kirakat  :)

So sorry to hear about your cat sending her lots of love and cuddles  :hug: :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline annettemarie

• Adult Cat
  • My darling Crookie
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 21:51:11 PM »
So sorry to hear your news, I am going through something similar myself with my rescue Ragdoll, Leo.  He has an internal tumour and has days, maybe weeks but not months.

All I can suggest is speak to your vet, hopefully you have a nice one who can give you some advice.

Big hugs to you all
 :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 18:20:22 PM »
I am so sorry to hear the sad news about your cat, cant advise and think this is one to ask the vet but she sounds so loved and also want to send you loads of these  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 10:14:07 AM »
I wish I could offer you some advice, but I have no experience I'm afraid.

Like Mark, just wanted to add some  :hug: and hope that you have a good amount of time together  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 08:54:22 AM »
Poor cat - what's her name?

Sorry I can't give any advice but just one of these  :hug:

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 23:26:49 PM »
Sorry to welcome you to Purrs under such sad circumstances  :hug:

I'm afraid I have no idea about the wound if she was to open it up but have you heard of 'soft claws'? They are plastic caps that glue onto the nails to prevent harm from scratching in the case of medical conditions. I wonder if that might help?

http://www.spuk.com/

She sounds a much loved cat, hope you have many more happy months together  :hug:

Offline Kirakat

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Kira
Cat with tumour
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 23:18:56 PM »
Hi,

We have a much loved cat which had to have an ear removed because it had a tumour.

We had hoped that that would be the last of it, but unfortunately the tumour has grown back over the space of four months and is now a large lump where her ear once was.

Naturally we have sought veterinary advice at every point.

Her condition is terminal, but for the time being at least she is enjoying a good quality of life and is a happy cat.

The problem is that she sometimes scratches the lump, and we fear if she manages to open it up we may have to put her to sleep. We understand if it does open up, it will not heal by itself, and surgery isn’t an option.

We have had her claws on her left side (the side of the lump) trimmed so that she cannot do so much damage, but short of putting a ‘buster’ collar on her which would spoil her quality of life, I can’t think of much more we can do.

My question is: if she does cut open the lump, is there any viable way of patching the wound up without her having to wear a ‘buster’ collar so that she can enjoy life just a little bit longer?

Because the tumour is so virulent we don’t think she has much time left, but it could mean the difference between a few more weeks as opposed to a few days.

Many thanks

Kirakat

Link to CatChat