Author Topic: Charlie's been sick!  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: Charlie's been sick!
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 14:47:49 PM »
He hasn't been sick since and is eating like his normal greedy self.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 12:31:11 PM »
My Yagga is just over two and I am always seeing piles of fresh food vomit as he always races his food down...... :tired: (Ive had him from a kitten btw!)

Hope Charlie manages to hang on to his food okay!  ;)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 11:36:18 AM »
Hopefully he will stop it once he gets it firmly into his brain that he has food regularly at home.

I hope so too but it doesn't always follow.  Tiny scavenged at first but I told him this is a nice neighbourhood and we don't do things like that.  I pointed out that I would have to ask him to leave if he continued.  He stopped  :rofl:  Rosie was another story.  She didn't go out scavenging (at least not to my knowledge) but she would attack any food in sight and if you tried to hand feed her a treat she would have your fingers off.  She was about a year old when we adopted her and she was still the same with with food right up to the end.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 13:18:36 PM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 09:12:48 AM »
I have no idea where he gets stuff from.  Interestingly we had a residents' meeting last night and I found out that he visits five houses daily and eats their cats food!!!  None of them deliberately feed him he just takes what he wants it from their cats' bowls.  He is friends with all the neighbours' cats and Rosie (next door's dog too).  Little minx.  It was strange when two neighbours said "oh that's the cat that visits me every day".  I already knew he went to Nigel's Vicky's and Pats but obviously his social circle is larger than I thought.  He is fine again now, is playing well and demanding to go out but I wont let him this morning as it is stormy. Yesterday he spent most of the morning on Pat's bedroom window ledge watching the world go by. I don't know what I can do to stop him scavenging.  We have wheelie bins so it's not like there are bags of rubbish left out in gardens etc.  Think it must hark back to his days as a stray!  I know chicken bones can be dangerous and so far he has brought them home I think and I have managed to detach him from them and get rid of them.  Hopefully he will stop it once he gets it firmly into his brain that he has food regularly at home.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 09:16:34 AM by Maddiesmum »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 19:46:14 PM »
Taz brings chicken bones home amongst other tasty delights: chips, stale crusts, biscuits, congealed macaroni cheese and boiled cabbage  :sick: :sick:
Its normally my neighbours bag so we pick up whats spilt, wrap it up and put it in our bin  :tired:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 17:26:01 PM »
probably from the neighbours table lol.  I had a lovely rescue cat called Moggy who used to come over the fence in C Town with the neighbour's fried egg in her mouth and on one occasion, their 'boerewors from their braai' (fat sausage from barbecue). We had to pretend we were out ahem.

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 16:42:08 PM »
I think Charlie boy is a scavenger.  Recently, on two occasions, he has brought chicken wings home. 

Thats a bit scary -  if they're  cooked the bones can do all sorts of damage.  Have you no idea where he got them?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 18:27:12 PM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 16:34:12 PM »
I think Charlie boy is a scavenger.  Recently, on two occasions, he has brought chicken wings home. 

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 16:33:02 PM »
good that Charlie's on the mend and hope da Bird arrives asap!  Sounds like he ate something he shouldn't. Beans?? My Max eats melon including the pips if we aren't careful, then chucks up everywhere  :sick:
You aren't missing any beans from your dinner I hope?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 15:52:06 PM »
Pleased Charlie is feeling better  ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 10:40:21 AM »
I am glad Charlie is feeling better now. :hug: :hug:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 10:19:29 AM »
Hopefully whatever it was he has brought up now and that will be the end of it.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 10:07:56 AM »
No it wasn't grass it was definitely something like green beans.  Anyway he is back to normal now, has played for England with his Da Bird but sadly it has snapped so have had to order urgent replacement as Charlie will get withdrawal.  He did a normal and slightly soft poop, hasn't been sick again and his appetite is restored to normal (or nearly).  Have postponed his vaccinations until Friday just in case and will still keep an eye on him.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 07:52:46 AM »
Fingers crossed it is just grass, which is perfectly normal.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 07:49:25 AM »
Sounds like he has thrown up grass which is completely normal but always wise to keep an eye  :hug:

Kylie often eats plant leaves (the grass type ones) they have never done her any harm.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 06:40:17 AM »
Yes he does go out but he stayed in yesterday afternoon (not like him).  He has been sick again overnight and only licked the gravy off his food this morning.  Am going to ring the vet when it opens.  Charlie is due his second vaccinations tomorrow but doubt he will have them now. Fingers crossed for him

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 23:31:52 PM »
Has been outside?

He may have munched somthing which he didnt orta and has now brought it back up.

Hope he will feel better tomorrow  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Charlie's been sick!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 23:30:05 PM »
Hasn't wanted any food since just after lunch and has just now been sick.  Thrown up something that looks like green beans!!!  He is playful but just not interested in food.  Have to keep an eye on him I think

Link to CatChat