Cat Rescue & Rehoming > The Rescue Room

Please can I ask a silly question?

(1/2) > >>

Bonkers Mad!!!:
it's hard to decide what to do for the best.  somebody i knew brought me a stray that she'd been feeding in her garden.  i told her off because it's possible he was somebodies cat and just hung around because he was getting free food.  i took him in, advertised him everywhere, got him neutered and on sunday he died (i think from a bad reaction to antibiotics for an infection).  it was the most harrowing thing i've ever witnessed, watching him die before i could get him to a vet and part of me wishes he'd just been left to find his own way home.  on the other hand, nobody has come forward to claim him so it could be that he had the warmest 8 weeks of his life here.  personally i dont get strays in my garden, rpobably because i have dogs but i'd like to think that i'd be strong enough to ignore one for a sensible amount of time before involving myself.

Gill (sneakiefeline):
So pleased they are all in rescue

tab:
So an update. Turns out baby girl who everyone saw said was in season was adopted by a couple with a neutered male.
Couple of weeks ago male from couple was found trying to dump female who was resuced and in taken in and 2 days ago she gave birth to 6 but 1 kit dead
Now she and 5 kits are in rescue

I dont understand people sometimes. I mean I know logically I cant help and have to be cruel in the hope of kindness but to take a cat in when youre told its in season and then dump it later for being pregnant. I dispair

tab:
Thank you for that. It seems harsh but if its the right thing to do I will make sure my cat friends who would grab any cat they saw walking around know. Its so sad knowing that if Id seen it I would love to help it but theres no way I could take it in with Amber so now I know. I mean logically I know cats can hunt for food and at this time of year if its not hurt or ill its warm enough outside. I guess Im just a softy as are my friends.
love
tab

Angiew:
I now agree with the RSPCA on this one. If you are not in the position to do anything then leave the thing alone. If it goes somewhere else looking for food, they may adopt it. Also by feeding it, it could be argued that you are accepting responsibility for it and its welfare.

Ideally someone will care enough to take the cat in , ensure it is spayed and chipped (to indicate it has been spayed so is not spayed again!) and find a home.
Sadly too many young "stray" females are producing too many kittens at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version