Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

What’s the best food to feed a cat with diarrhoea

<< < (2/2)

Desley (booktigger):
If you go on Zooplus/Bitiba, there are a lot of sensitivity/gastro foods, you might be able to find something to tempt her there, one of my cats with a sensitive tummy was best on James Wellbeloved. The treatment for IBD and intestinal cancer is actually the same, so I'm not sure I'd put her through loads of tests for an answer. I'm not sure why they gave antibiotics though, they can make diarrhea worse. Have you tried any probiotics? An easy one is live natural yoghurt, although you can get special cat ones.

Sue P (Paddysmum):

Unfortunately, I don't have any advice to offer, but am also sending warmest thoughts to your Bengal baby and hoping the Vet will be able to offer some helpful support.  :hug: :hug:

Lyn (Slugsta):
I'm sorry your lass is unwell  :( I'm afraid I don't have any answers to your question about feeding - but you are right in thinking that the constant hunger could be due to the steroids, Sky eats like a little piggy when she is on them! At the age of 13, it could also by hyperthyroid, IBD as you suspect or several other things. I hope your vet is helpful today  :hug:

faerienuff:
I have a 13 year old Bengal cat that has really bad diarrhoea.  She was diagnosed a few years ago with corona virus and we used to manage this by giving her Royal Canin prescription food and almo nature chicken. Since the start of this year this has been increasingly difficult to manage and she almost constantly has diarrhoea and is getting choosy about food. Does anyone have experience of this and can they recommend any foods that could help? She’s been to the vets recently and had bloods done and had 15 starred results out of 30! Vet seems a bit confused as to what to do with her next and seems to be jumping on the cancer bandwagon without having done further tests. I thought it could be inflammatory bowel disease with a b12 deficiency. We are due to go back tomorrow and if I’m not happy with his answers I will be seeking a second opinion. In the mean time she has had antibiotics, b12 and steroids and she is now driving us nuts with constant shouting because she wants fed! Is this just as a result of the steroids?

Any advice from anyone that’s had a cat with similar issues would be gratefully appreciated

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version