Author Topic: Hills C/D cat food - is it bad for cats !?  (Read 1120 times)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Re: Hills C/D cat food - is it bad for cats !?
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 21:11:45 PM »
Hi,
The food is working for him and he does quite like it - i was just worried about the long term effect with eating this food - been reading that Hills have some rubbishy ingredients in it !

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 20:53:43 PM »
If the food isnt working for him then make the vet review it, take a fresh urine sample too if you can get one  ;)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 18:20:28 PM »
Sorry -seem to have put this in the wrong thread :-[

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
Hills C/D cat food - is it bad for cats !?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 16:20:24 PM »
I have had Smartie on this for a while now -before that he was on Hills S/D  due to urinary tract problems and crystals.
I found out online its not good to have them on the S/D long term and took it up with the vet , who put him on C/D .
I have just been reading now that this isn''t good either and has had mixed responses about other health issues it can cause- it also says there is a lot of corn and waste in the actual food ?!
Poor Smartie has enough health issues without adding to them - going to read all this to the vet tomorrow - but wondered if anyone else knew anything!?
Also -i know its better for them to eat wet food and he does eat some as much as i can make him -he will only eat Whiskers supermeat -tin and chicken flavour only and i make sure he has some at least 3 times a day .
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 16:21:02 PM by bunglycat »

Link to CatChat