Author Topic: Cat Carrier back on offer @ Tesco  (Read 13185 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Cat Carrier back on offer @ Tesco
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2007, 07:46:26 AM »
I tried the "say no to" number but they said they couldn't put me through and I would have to phone the 0845 number. I think on the "say no to" number it said it was an "unconfirmed" alternative.

All the people I spoke to were scottish so thats where their call centre must be (slightly easier to understand than indian call centres  :evillaugh: )
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 07:49:45 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

MBll

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2007, 02:01:27 AM »
Well I called Tesco so called "customer service" had to pay for the privilege on an 0845 number.

tesco online shopping @  0845 7225 533   or 01382 822 997 dundee area

Alternative Telephone Numbers

www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

UK dial codes

www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/find/localguide/localguide.publisha

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 18:38:56 PM »
Thanks for that Susanne and apologies to Vet UK.  I was ordering numerous items and multiple packs of the same item so it wasn't immediately obvious that that was what they were doing.  I just saw VAT as a separate item and saw red.  :-[

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 15:47:38 PM »
My current beef is with websites who offer things a very atrractive price so you go through the whole rigmarole of registering and placing your order only to find that VAT gets added on the last page and you get get the product cheaper elsewhere (Vet UK do this).  Does it say anywhere that prices are exclusive of VAT?  Does it ****!  :mad2:

Bit OT I know, but vetuk do include VAT in the price displayed on the page.  When you go through the checkout they list the VAT separately so that you can see how much is VAT, but it is included in the original price and not added on at the checkout.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 18:28:08 PM »
Picked my carrier up yesterday - I'm really pleased with it, especially the stroking porthole which I think is a great idea.  Opened it up and Korky went into it.  Of course he doesn't realise yet that it can be closed - he'll run a mile every time he sees it once he knows that.
Mark, I know what you mean about being messed about.  My current beef is with websites who offer things a very atrractive price so you go through the whole rigmarole of registering and placing your order only to find that VAT gets added on the last page and you get get the product cheaper elsewhere (Vet UK do this).  Does it say anywhere that prices are exclusive of VAT?  Does it ****!  :mad2:

You have to be careful with ebay as some sellers do that  >:(

I think I may as well order them as no point cutting off my nose. (although some say it would be a great improvement  :evillaugh: )
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 18:28:59 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 15:49:39 PM »
Wow those look good, I might have to get the cats one each at payday and maybe give their carriers to local rescue? Depends how much the old paypacket will stretch (always spend it on things for the cats in the first week and then struggle to buy milk and bread in the last week  :rofl: ) but those carriers look fab!
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 14:42:09 PM »
Picked my carrier up yesterday - I'm really pleased with it, especially the stroking porthole which I think is a great idea.  Opened it up and Korky went into it.  Of course he doesn't realise yet that it can be closed - he'll run a mile every time he sees it once he knows that.
Mark, I know what you mean about being messed about.  My current beef is with websites who offer things a very atrractive price so you go through the whole rigmarole of registering and placing your order only to find that VAT gets added on the last page and you get get the product cheaper elsewhere (Vet UK do this).  Does it say anywhere that prices are exclusive of VAT?  Does it ****!  :mad2:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 09:57:12 AM »
I did a search to see if anyone else had this problem. I found a blog where someone had exactly the same problem as me. They phoned customer service and were told if you get a message saying "sorry we are unable to process your request" this means you are already registered  :Crazy: (why the f doesn't it tell you that?)

I went to "cant remember password" and tried various email addresses and eventually I was sent a reminder to my hotmail one - I had forgotten I registered. After all that, not sure I want to order from them or shop there any more.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 09:44:28 AM »
Well I called Tesco so called "customer service" had to pay for the privilege on an 0845 number. Held in a queue for ages. They asked for my postcode and name. Then she asked what the message was. I told her and she said "that just means the database is down at the moment" I told her I had been trying for 3 days and she said "you're just going to have to keep trying" I said "Oh no I'm not" - guess who isn't shopping in Tesco any more. I hate being treated like s  :censored::mad2:

It could be the browswer but they are obviously not trained properly.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 00:54:35 AM »
Thanks Dave - I'll give it a go tomorrow as its way past my bedtime and have to be up by 6.30 :nite:

Peter Cushing would have loved that  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 00:55:52 AM by Mark »

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 00:42:33 AM »
Mark, give Opera browser a try. I've just bought a carrier using it, and there's one available for the Mac. I don't know if it's exactly the same as the windows version though.

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 23:47:51 PM »
It's an Avior carrier, I love them.  They have slots so you can strap it in to the seatbelt, a stroking porthole, a compartment to keep keys etc and it opens from the front and back like a shell.

9.5/10 from me, the only downside is that they would get wet if you were out in the rain with it as the roof is partly exposed. I saw a different vet on Thurs and she commented on how good it looked too.  An absolute bargain at that price.

Mine's done some serious heavy duty work travelling to and from shows and it's standing up well. Vets love it at vetting in because it's really easy to get a cat in and out of it - IMHO it's a great piece of design work.

The only modification I've made to it is that I've glued the rear four latches shut so that the carrier can only be opened from the front.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 07:53:04 AM »
I tried to register again last night but it was having none of it. I winder if its this Safari browser thats causing problems. The annoying thing is you have to go through the whole thing before it tells you it didn't work  >:(

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 00:50:17 AM »
Since that woman walked out in front of me as I turned a corner and had to brake suddenly - poor stanley went flying and the carrier landed on the floor - he didn't make a sound  :Luv: -

tutt tutt mark  :rofl:

I always feed the seatbelt through the handle and strap mine in   :angel:
My neighbour caught me doing it and laughted  :P

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 20:03:56 PM »
I will try it again tonight - my local one is a Tesco extra so maybe I could collect from there. I am going to see if the discount codes work as well  ;D

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 16:06:16 PM »
Mark - the option to pickup is only available at selected store (large ones).  I'm just lucky that my local store is one of them.
I've been registered with Tesco online for ages (use it for offers on wine ;) so maybe the problems you are having are a temporary glitch wth their system

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 21:49:58 PM »
I didn't know you could pick up from a store!

I have tried to register TWICE and it says there is an error which is being investigated.
When I can eventually register, I will try these discount codes - they work sometimes  ;D
http://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers-static.html

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 20:48:59 PM »
:-[

Better order quick before they put the price up again.  ;D

Order placed and I pick it up from my local store on Thursday.  For anyone who has been following my thread on long-distance travel this is not the carrier I will use for that - I've opted for a large dog cage that I will pad with cushions and a corner litter tray.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 20:32:38 PM »
But Tesco! Mark where is your social conscience!! Oh dear, will have to enter a Tesco against my principles Sounds too good an offer to miss.................. :P

My social conscience doesn't extend to bargains  :evillaugh:

PAH aren't much better, if not worse and most of us shop in there  ;D

You won't find them instore, its just an online thing.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 20:29:41 PM »
Since that woman walked out in front of me as I turned a corner and had to brake suddenly - poor stanley went flying and the carrier landed on the floor - he didn't make a sound  :Luv: - Maybe Ishould get a couple as I have a holdall type but the zip isn't 100% - also a CP carrier that Sharon gave me that has seen better days  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 20:05:51 PM »
It's an Avior carrier, I love them.  They have slots so you can strap it in to the seatbelt, a stroking porthole, a compartment to keep keys etc and it opens from the front and back like a shell.

9.5/10 from me, the only downside is that they would get wet if you were out in the rain with it as the roof is partly exposed. I saw a different vet on Thurs and she commented on how good it looked too.  An absolute bargain at that price.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 19:57:59 PM »
 :-[

Thanks  ;D

I forget the name of this but Helen et al said its wonderful - I will order one myself. I think you may be able to strap this to a car seat? (not sure)
I wish I could remember the name its usually sold under. Someone will know.

Better order quick before they put the price up again.  ;D

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 19:36:19 PM »
Mark I love you!  :Flowers:  I've been driving myself (and OH) mad trying to find a suitable replacement carrier for Korky and  this is it!  Order placed!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 18:03:27 PM »
But Tesco! Mark where is your social conscience!! Oh dear, will have to enter a Tesco against my principles Sounds too good an offer to miss.................. :P

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Cat Carrier back on offer @ Tesco
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 17:53:47 PM »
£13.97 This is the one people were raving about a while ago - I forget the proper name for it.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-1535.aspx

Link to CatChat