Author Topic: Vets!!!!  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
Re: Vets!!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 11:37:09 AM »
Thats a bit blimmin cheeky..............you were ther on time so should not have been charged. >:(

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 11:36:47 AM »
That is an absolute outrage.....Im sorry but Id be kicking up a stink!  >:(

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 11:35:32 AM »
I still think it very bloomin' cheeky.

You arrived as instructed, and its not your fault they were very busy and ran over schedule ....... they should have at least pointed out to you that this was going to be the case, then you would have the choice of staying, or getting a normal time appointment the next morning.

I wonder how many other people they have screwed charged in this way?

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 11:31:13 AM »
I have spoken to the vet and he isn't budging.  Says he has given me a discounted out of hours, £15 instead of £45.  Said the staff go into overtime after 3.30.  As Im claiming it on insurance am not too worried, just couldn't understand why they had charged it as we had gone in on his instructions and were there in plenty of time before closing.  Wont take it any farther this time but will be aware next time for sure.  I too think it is a cheek, I was gobsmacked

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 11:24:10 AM »
That's outrageous, they should have at least told you that you would be charged a higher rate at the time, that way you could have made the decision whether to wait or not!

Can you take this up directly with the vet in question?  It seems very unfair and  :censored: cheeky if you ask me......
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 11:24:50 AM by clarenmax »

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 11:23:51 AM »
The cheeky  :censored:  When they told you to come within opening hours I'd class that as an appointment.  I think they are really taking the mick and would definitely fight it out of principal!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Vets!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 11:21:43 AM »
When Charlie had diarrhoea after coming back from the cattery and he saw the vet, he (the vet) said if he was no better by Sunday to call and bring him in which I did.  I was told to arrive at 3pm (they close at 3.30) and the vet would see me as soon as he could.  I got there just on 3pm but it was ages before I was seen as they were extremely busy.  When I got the bill they have charged me for out of hours service!  I queried it today and they said it was because I didn't have an appointment.  I don't believe it

Link to CatChat